[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

U.S. top court throws out Massachusetts stun gun ruling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 41px3nUYH-L._SX425_.jpg (22KB, 425x347px) Image search: [Google]
41px3nUYH-L._SX425_.jpg
22KB, 425x347px
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-stunguns-idUSKCN0WN1N9goo

It appears that state governments are just anti-self defense in general rather than just anti-gun.
>>
Dunno, tasers smart.
>>
Tasers are not nonlethal weapons. Tasers can, and relatively often do, kill, especially when used on those who are not in their physical prime. They're less nonlethal weapons and more just really shitty lethal weapons.
>>
>>31367
You will now give us a legal self-defense alternative. Please. I really want to hear it.
>>
>>31348
>state governments
That's just Massachusetts being Massachusetts. Glad they got shut down this time.

>>31376
hadouken
>>
>>31376
I don't have an alternative. I actually support allowing the ownership of lethal weapons, including guns and tasers. However, if the law of the land is to prohibit lethal weapons, then stun guns could be considered among them.
>>
>>31367
>Tasers can, and relatively often do, kill,
wrong
tasers dont kill people, its when someone gets tazed and falls on concrete and hits their head. thats when it kills
>>
>>31376
Mace
>>
>>31395
No, you twat, if you take someone in the neck it can kill, take them in thier back and it can paralyze for life.
Have you ever even been tazed? You should.
>>
>>31397
What if your allergic? That happens.
>>
>>31399
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYtXuBN1Hvc
>>
>>31367
>>31395

It's not about whether tasers are lethal or non-lethal. The supreme court ruling means that they are protected under the 2nd amendment just like firearms.

If a firearm you keep for self defense is protected under the 2nd amendment, there is no reason a taser, stun gun, or pepper spray you use for the same reason shouldn't also have those protections.

That's what this supreme court decision upheld.
>>
>>31367
If someone attacks me I'd rather they died than went to prison only to walk out again in two years.
>>
>>33026
you forgot suing the dogshit out of you
>>
>>33028
Oh yeah that too.

Also for people in the US who don't know (since this really isn't a thing you could know unless you happened to look it up or were told) if burglars enter your house make sure to get them to turn around and face you before you shoot them.
If you shoot a burglar in the back you're going to get fucked by the legal system. You cannot shoot them if they run.
>>
>>31367
this is why actual police and security agencies always use the term 'less lethal'. also you're inappropriately conflating tasers and stun guns. stun guns are simple pain compliance devices that have probably never killed anyone in history. tasers are what your thinking of killing people with eg. bad hearts, but even that is extremely rare.
>>
>>33029
That depends on which state and many states have the Castle Law which let you shoot the bastard wherevery you want, pretty much!
>>
>>33029
Does
>He reached into his shirt as I called out, so I fired
Not slide as a defence?
>>
>>31399
You die, don't attack someone and cause them to mace you.
>>
>>33073
>>33055
Said, some states have Castle Law which allows for it. Otherwise no, it likely won't hold up in court.
>>
>>31367
So cops are too inept to disable people past their phyical prime without using a gun?
>>
>>31395

>guns don't kill people, it's when someone gets shot and the bullet damages their body. That's when it kills
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.