[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pro-gun mom was shot in the back by her son

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 1

File: 14514863507070.jpg (77KB, 589x604px) Image search: [Google]
14514863507070.jpg
77KB, 589x604px
A high-profile pro-gun activist was shot in the back by her four-year-old son after he found her pistol lying on the back seat of her truck just 24 hours after he boasted about his shooting skills online.

Jamie Gilt, 31, who posts about firearms on her social media accounts was driving through Putnam County, Jacksonville, Florida, on Tuesday in her truck when she was wounded after the toddler picked up the weapon and shot her in the back.

It came just a day after she said the youngster would get 'jacked up' before a shooting practice on a page dedicated to her musings on Second Amendment rights.

On the profile Jamie Gilt for Gun Sense she wrote: 'Even my 4 year old gets jacked up to target shoot with the .22'.

She reportedly believes she has the right to shoot anyone who threatens her family - and plans to teach her offspring the same mentality.

According to CBS47, Gilt was on her way to pick up a horse when the shooting unfolded.

Her four-year-old son picked up a loaded .45 semi-automatic handgun from the back seat, pointed it towards his mother and pulled the trigger.

The powerful round went through the front seat and passed through Gilt's body .

Gilt flagged down a passing Sheriff's deputy and told him that she had been shot.

Deputies recovered a .45 semi-automatic handgun from the floor of the truck. They are satisfied that the round was fired from inside the vehicle.

Gilt and her son had been travelling to pick up a horse from a relative when the accident happened.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3484064/Pro-gun-poster-girl-shot-four-year-old-son-driving-Florida-boy-pistol-seat-truck.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailus

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3485176/Pro-gun-Florida-mom-accidentally-shot-four-year-old-son-stable-condition-police-wait-question-possible-negligence-charge.html
>>
>>27765
>According to CBS47,
You should have posted the CBS47 version of the story instead of helping Piers Morgan harvest the adsense shekels.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/local/child-playing-with-gun-shoots-woman-in-car-in-putnam/151353441
>>
>>27765
Lol
>>
>>27765
Not to be a dick but this woman had it coming.

I wonder if she'll still be a pro-gun activist after this happened.
>>
Why don't people believe in gun licenses, do they not think we should have driving licenses either? Should little kids be allowed to drive trucks onto the road.
>>
>>27765
>>27766
>>27770
>>27771
>>27772
Lets all remember that this happened in Florida, which is pretty much the hairy, pimple infested asshole of America. It is unfair to judge all Americans by the actions of a few Floridians.

If the rest of country could, we would vote to have Florida removed from our nation and build a Trump Wall along the boarder to keep them contained.
>>
>>27772
Because if your 4 year old can pick up rack slide take off safety and point the gun at you to fire it's your fault for not teaching safety keeping the gun on you and away from young children.
If the gun was loaded on in the chamber and no safety/safety off then it's your fault for being an unsafe dumbass.
All in all a dumbass didn't follow the rules and got shot.
Congrats on proving why gun safety and teaching children what to do when you find a gun is key.
Reminder that you never point a firearm at some one.
But whatever it's the object with no life or critical thinking fault, so let's ban them
>>
>>27773

That and Florida is out of fucking control in general. Just google "Florida man" and see.
>>
>Allowing your guns to be unsupervised or not in a safe
Thanks, you enable euro scum like the above posts. Or even worse, American liberals
>>
>>27783
While you enable murder
>>
>>27785

Dead children are a small price to pay for our eternal freedoms to bear arms, LIBSHIT
>>
>>27780
I think we should have firearms licenses, nothing to extensive but a simple something similar to a driver's permit and license. The point not to be to keep weapons out of the hands of people but to be able to throw a fucking book at them for being stupid shits. So not only would the mother have been shot, she also has fines to deal with for being a dumb cunt.

Defensive driving course for insurance cred? Yearly gun safety course for free registration of a fire arm, discount/free license or some shit!
Take a small test to earn a permit to discharge any firearms.
Take a test after owning a permit and X hours of use to earn a license to own any firearms.
Register cars? Register Firearms.
Car Insurance? oh wait, we already have health insurance.

unless we already have that...
>>
>>27806
This is pretty much what I've been saying for years now. I may vote more liberal, but I don't want firearms banned. I am a gun owner and former military and I wish this shit was more regulated.

Require people to earn and renew licenses that are well regulated. People won't lose the right to own and use firearms that way. They'll just be held to a higher standard. Their rights will be the same as their right to own and drive a car.
>>
>>27802

Just ask the parents of all those kids who were killed at Sandy Hook. I'm sure they'd agree.
>>
>>27806
Nope. Cars are only registered if you wish to drive them on public roads. If you want universal gun laws you will need to change the constitution. There is a set legal process for doing this.
>>27808
>right
>needing a license
Pick up a dictionary. It's not a right if you need permission.
>>
>she reportedly believes that she has the right to shoot anyone who threatens her family
Seems like his crazy mother was the biggest threat to that kids family, so he truly followed her principles
>>
>>27773
>If the rest of country could, we would vote to have Florida removed from our nation and build a Trump Wall along the boarder to keep them contained.
Hey, that works. We will keep all the decent beaches, the winter vegetables, the citrus and strawberries, and you can keep all the wrinkled republicans that want to retire here. Sounds like a fair trade to me.
>>
>>27828
When hurricane season hits, you better not try to climb back behind our wall. I expect you to sink with the rest of those face-eating Marijuana-injectors.
>>
She wants to "protect her family". I'd pretty sure her son is going to be fucked for life after shooting mommy.
>>
>>27814
So you're saying I don't have the right to drive? How does your form of logic work?
>>
>>27846
You don't have the right to drive. Driving a vehicle is not considered an inherent right. You could get a lawyer and sue saying you have the right to free movement, so a license shouldnt be necessary, but chances are that'll get shot down in the courts faster than you can say "car".

Not trying to be condescending, but you should really look up the mindset of the people who wrote the constitution/bill of rights and read through the document itself.

Not the other dude BTW.
>>
typical dumb american cunt
>>
>>27847
Alright, so not a "right" then. Privilege is the correct term then. Either way, my stance remains. Gun ownership and use should be held to the same standards as car ownership and use.
>>
>>27849
any dickhead can own a car idiot. being qualified to use it however.....
>>
>>27851
>idiot

Senseless name-calling aside, I agree that people should be more qualified before they touch a gun. Any "dickhead" who buys a car still has to be able to drive it home, so it's not quite that simple. Of course you don't need to "drive your gun home" to own it so it wouldn't be exactly equivalent. It's not the strictest of comparisons, but it works.
>>
Progun Amerilard here.

Dumbass had it coming. No matter how special you think your little bundle of joy is, he's too young to be allowed to have a gun acessible to him at a whim.

Sounds like a regular bumpkin family
>>
>>27849
Your stance remains even though your analogy on which you base the argument is fatally flawed.

Interdasting
>>
>>27806
I don't see how anyone can disagree with this. People who are against any form of gun regulation are idiots
>>
>>27827
>she reportedly believes that she has the right to shoot anyone who threatens her family
>son shoots her
>she is part of family
>shoots her son
>son is part of family
>shoots herself
huh, I guess this would actually take care of the gun nuts. I'm all for it
>>
clearly she needed a gun to defend herself
>>
>>27814
>It's not a right if you need permission.

You get permission from the 2nd amendment. So it was never a right, according to your argument.
>>
>>27772
You don't need a license to own a car. You need a license to drive on public roads.
>>
>>27866
The bill of rights is not a social contract. It was an affirmation that the mentioned rights were inalienable. Just read the thing.
>>
>>27773
>>27781
this is a source of some good keks. Being Eruopean and having no clue about your local differences, I thought, that Alabama had this kind of bad reputation.
>>
>>27765
Since no one else said it, here it is:

Oh, the ironing!
>>
>>27813
Maybe if the kids at Sandy Hook all had .45 handguns and were trained to use them, there would have been no problem.
>>
>>27785
>guns are the only vector for murder

You can kill someone with just about anything, in some ways a car is more dangerous than a rifle.
>>
>>27806
We already have ways to prevent selling through legal channels to certain unqualified individuals. To say that a shooter existing means the process isn't good enough is to say that standards for driving licenses aren't tough enough every car crash. But I don't see you asking to tighten it up, even when cars kill more. Go leave america.
>>
>>27866
>rights are positive, as in bestowed by the government and not negative
You can stay a liberal if you want, but at least educate yourself.
>>
>>27897
Having been born in Florida, lived most of my life in Alabama, and now living in Brooklyn - can confirm Florida is the most bat shit place on the planet. That fucking Florida humidity does crazy things to non-geriatric people.
>>
>>27961
The social contract involved in driving is also bat shit. We entrust far too many incompetent people with a multi-thousand pound weapon.
>>
These gun laws and rights to use guns we're written so long ago when the country was untamed and had less law that it made sense back then to give everyone the right to use them for protection. My point is these old rights and laws really need a well thought out revision.
>>
>>27972
Do you really trust police?
>>
>>27806
>Register Firearms

How about no. The first thing the cops do is take all those firearms away whenever something happens. Just look at High River, Alberta. The area was flooded and the first thing the RCMP did was break into peoples homes and look for guns. Gun-safes were pried open, guns & ammo taken, and all was recorded for their OWN gun registry since the government abolished the gun registry years ago. They even went to the point of laying down spike-strips on the main road in before announcing they'd "seized" (stolen) every firearm in town during a press-conference, because they firmly believed the residents would drive their cars through their barricade to get their guns before the RCMP could take them.
>>
>>27974
Do you trust every stranger you ever meet? Because if not, we should be doing something to make sure that guns don't end up in the hands of crazy people.
>>
"Indifferent-to-gun-regulation-who-also-dislikes-gun-free-zones-but-fucking-hates-the-NRA" anon here.

This dipshit had it coming for not at least teaching her kid to not point the fucking thing at anyone. Why the fuck she thought it was safe and smart to have the gun in the BACKSEAT AND NOT THE GLOVE COMPARTMENT is beyond me.

Pro-gun parent anons, please tell me you educate your kids thoroughly on gun safety.
>>
>>27975
Those guns were taken, admittedly illegally in some cases, after an evacuation so that they couldn't be stolen by looters. If a cop can pry open a gun safe, so can a criminal. Those guns were returned and homeowners were compensated for damage. Police did misbehave in some cases, as they often do, and it is an example of how a registry can be used against you, sort of, even though the victims were really just put to some inconvenience. Implying that it's an example of how the government wants to take your guns away from you, though, is just silly.

Where I went to college, cops used to liberate improperly secured bikes from bike racks and take them back to the station for the same reason. They weren't cutting locks, granted, and if they were it would have been annoying (although on the other hand people do need to be aware that all cable locks can be defeated by a stout pair of scissors), but done properly that behavior is completely reasonable. It's common sense to secure your bike. If you don't you're just making extra work for police, which the whole community pays for, and by confiscating it they're doing the owner a favor by preventing it from being taken by someone who's not going to give it back later. I don't think anybody there ever thought that the government was out to suppress the mobility of the people.

If you leave you gun in an empty house and improperly secured, you're putting other people's lives in danger. If your gun is stolen, is is probably going to be used in a crime at some point. The fact that most people don't care enough to prevent this from happening is all the evidence that I need that most people shouldn't be allowed to own guns.
>>
>>27980
Yes
>>
>>27765
Well, that kid's fucked up for life now
>>
>>27989

No, he's an honorary lifetime member of the NRA now.
>>
>>27980
Every time I pick up my gun I hear the very clear words of my military father - "Don't ever point this at something you aren't willing to kill."
>>
>>27961
It's a lot easier to kill someone with a gun. This woman's child managed to do it!

Guns are literally designed to kill.
>>
>>27855
>I'm just going to say it's flawed and not try to explain why
>>
>>27997
If you're driving anything larger than a Prius, all you have to do to massacre children is line them up and knock them down.

No shit guns are designed to kill, they're a weapon, just the same as a combat knife or compound bow. It's all about who you trust with handling a weapon, and leaving a chambered .45 handgun right beside your kid's car seat isn't too smart in any situation.
>>
>>27828
>We will keep all the decent beaches, the winter vegetables, the citrus and strawberries,

Translated from Bath Salts Floridian to English what you're actually praising is shitty beaches and tasty human faces.
>>
>>27813
Perhaps you should take a course on SARCASM you twit.

The only thing more dangerous than a firearm near a toddler is your incapability to get the joke.
>>
They just need stricter fuckin gun ownership laws like you have to be fuckin 18 years old to touch a gun and have no violent crime on you're record to own a gun. This alone might have prevented this situation and others that have already occurred.
>>
Kids are fuckin kids man they know no better really they act first and then think about it. That woman is fuckin lucky that the kid didn't shoot his own brains out
>>
>>27966
Whew laddie, I'll pass on the salt. I think you misinterpreted my intentions.

I'm not, falsely, equating gun deaths to car deaths. More gun deaths are intentional versus car deaths, see police videos. I'm concerned with accidental incidents, irresponsibly handling the weapons, and with how to disperse firearm safety effectively. I want books! Lots of books, and I'm gonna throw them hard at people. Stupid People.

And obtaining a driver's license isn't that hard... It isn't the skills of the driver that usually kills people, it's the distractions. Phones, drugs, sex(fun), egos(racing), fatigue(Stupidity), bad weather(Stupidity). I want the laws against stupid gun owners like the laws against stupid drivers so offenders would be easily accounted for because of licenses and you get to throw a book and I get to throw a book. BOOK THROWING!

My proposal is not an intended proactive solution but a deterrent.
See stupid person.
Throw Book.
It's a reaction. The license thing would, hopefully, make it easier to hit the target.
>>
>>27974
>implying pulling a gun on a cop isn't a death sentence

You're either going to die on the scene or you'll run into some kind of "accident" in jail or prison.
>>
>>27990
I'm surprised the NRA didn't put out another tasteful "fun with guns and kids" newsletter immediately after this happened.
>>
>>28091
> 4 year old accidentally kills mother with combat knife
> 4 year old accidentally kills mother with compound bow
> 4 year old accidentally kills mother with prius

> being this stupid
>>
>>28241
>4 year old lights the house on fire
>4 year old strangles himself with garden hose
>4 year old tries to drink gasoline
>>
>Leaving a loaded gun unattended with a toddler
This woman is just stupid.
>>
>>27765
Probably a lolnosafety glock. Go show this to /k/ for maximum butthurt.

But hey man it's freedom for everybody (including stupid people) or freedom for nobody.
>>
>>28285
>4 year old chokes on PS4 controller
>4 year old swallows fork while eating peas
>4 year old trips and accidentally fucks dog
>4 year old gets dick caught in ceiling fan

As time goes on, aren't humans suppose to get smarter?
>>
>>28604
Darwinism at work.
>>
>>27765
did she die?
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.