[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Twitter BTFO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

Actor Adam Baldwin quits Twitter over platform's silencing of conservatives

http://m.townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2016/02/22/actor-adam-baldwin-quits-twitter-over-platforms-silencing-of-conservatives-n2123361
>>
>>25151
>Twitter BTFO because Adam Baldwin, the least important least well known of the Baldwins, left

....Yeah ok.
>>
Only good baldwin is alec. others are garbage tier
>>
>>25155

I think he means it's "BTFO" because it shows that people are tired of being censored and told what they can or cannot say by some arbitrary moral police. Do I agree with conservatives? No. My opinion would never be silenced because I'm not one of them anyway, but the fact is that I also don't think that their opinions, for whatever reason, should be censored, have to wait a certain period before being seen by others, etc., while other opinions get out there instantly.

It's fundamentally wrong to silence dissent. Because the truth stands on its own merits and people should have the right to create alternative views or dissent. Then again, it's fucking Twitter so anyone expecting a real dialogue of idea is kinda absurd anyway. But just on the principle it's still wrong. Twitter is in their right to do it as they are privately owned, but it's still wrong to only subject certain political and philosophical views to this treatment and not others. I wouldn't like it done to me, so I certainly can't promote it being done to somebody else.
>>
>>25171
/Thread
Thank you, based libshit
>>
>>25155
Tfw squad fleeks America bae again
>>
>>25171
>Do I agree with conservatives? No. My opinion would never be silenced because I'm not one of them anyway, but the fact is that I also don't think that their opinions, for whatever reason, should be censored, have to wait a certain period before being seen by others, etc., while other opinions get out there instantly.

Smells like a trump supporter using their daughters old laptop she left after asserting her agency and moving out
>>
>>25215

A Trump supporter? No. I'm liberal, but I'm a liberal who very much believes in freedom of speech. I don't know how liberalism became this hate machine that seeks to silence others, but I don't see that as liberalism, that's being a fucking tyrant. Having a diversity of opinions is good. We should have varied opinions in society. That's how we get comedians, that's how we cooperate and learn about different ideas, that's how we have a dialogue about everything and try to figure out what's right. If you just go "your ideas are shit and you shouldn't be allowed to say it" then that's not being liberal. That's not fighting for anyone's freedom, that's not protecting anyone.

And I also agree that it is Twitter's right to allow whoever they want to use their service. They can silence anyone they want, but then they should not be surprised when there's backlash and people simply don't want to use that service. Nor should they twist their language about these policies to be about protecting people or preventing harassment. They should at least have the balls to be upfront with what their policies are actually for. Having a dissenting opinion and expressing that is not harassment. If I disagree with a Christian, is that harassment? Do I want anyone silencing me if I disagree with them? No. So, yes, I can proudly say I'm a liberal, but I'm a liberal who actually believes that the Constitution stands for something and that we have these rights to protect us from wannabe moral police who would seek to control us for their own gain and their own motives; whether that's the government or other people I find it unacceptable and will speak out against it. The minute you trample another person's rights, for any reason, you out yourself as an authoritarian. And sadly a lot of liberals have fallen into this misguided trap in the name of not offending people.
>>
>>25219
"As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."
-- Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"
>>
>>25220
I've got nothing really to add to this conversation other than that I fucking love Alpha Centauri.
>>
>>25220
Omg U.N. Was Freedoms?

Cruzey says U.N. Is Hitler
>>
>>25155

Twitter has already been btfo at the stock market. This is more or less just insult to injury
>>
>>25171
I'm with you up until the part about silencing dissent. The US is a fundamentally conservative country. They are silencing the mainstream majority opinion in favor of multiple minority agendas.
>>
>>25259
Well, that's what happens when you employ 10 times more people than you need. Seriously, twitter employs 5000 people. Why?
>>
>>25155
wait is he one of the Baldwins? I thought he just had the same name but was un-related. He's also more famous and more important than any of the brothers except Alec.
>>
>>25151
>Twitter censors Conservatives
>Palin, Trump, Beck, Micheal Johns and even Karl fucking Rove have huge followings, no tweet of theirs has ever been taken down.
People just fucking hate Baldwin because he's a whining bitch
>>
>>25297
If they take them down, everyone will know, and huge amounts of people will be upset, and huge amounts of people will leave twitter
>>
>>25151
Do people actually care about stupid petty shit like this? Unfortunately, I feel I already know the answer to this question, which is the same reason that all media sucks now.
>>
>>25291
No, Adam Baldwin is not one of the Baldwin brothers - no relation at all. Adam is the only sane Baldwin in Hollywood!
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.