[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

gay marriage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 1

How Southern states are now challenging gay marriage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYoPB0iGf1I

[ http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2016/0220/How-Southern-states-are-now-challenging-gay-marriage ]
>>
Who needs Islam when you've got Christianity!
>>
>>25065
Another 1st worlder with a snarky opinion nobody wants to hear.
>>
>>25065
Pretty much anyone will agree that despite Christianity's problems, the problems stemming from Islam are 100x worse
>>
>>25064

I love these religious liberty laws in ultra conservative places.

They aren't about freely practicing religion, but blocking others from practicing beliefs that don't align with a conservative interpretation of religion.

My understanding of my religion says, "You can't be gay. So the gov better not allow you to have equal rights and the gov sure as hell better not treat you as a full citizen."

Fucking absurd. This isn't about practicing a religion but forcing religious practices, values, and norms on to others.

Attending a church that spends all of Sunday praying the gay away = protected.

Lobbying for the government to treat gays differently = not protected.

Fuck, I hope they keep strengthen these laws until basically everything is legal as long as it is part of a religion.
>>
>>25068
I don't think the states are right to ignore federal law but don't be disingenuous and state that people can't lobby the government. The citizens are still free to lobby for whatever they want.
>>
>>25071

good point. let me amend my post.

attending a church that spends all of Sunday praying the gay away = protected.

lobbying for the gov to treat gays differently = protected.

the government treating gays differently = not protected

businesses treating gays, minorities, Catholics, etc. differently because of sexuality, race, religion, etc. = not protected.

people not going to businesses because the owner is of a different religious faith = protected.
>>
>>25068
>>25074
>Waaaah! Why are people disagreeing with homosexuals getting tax breaks designed to ease the monetary cost of child rearing, despite homosexuals not being able to create children?! Waaaaaah!
>>
>>25137
>what is adoption
>>
>>25064
We are? I honestly hadn't noticed the slightest resistance since Kim Davis. Us conservatives may put up a big talk but in the end we always let the government decide what we should do.
>>
>>25137

is your argument that only point of marriage is a tax break? and that tax breaks are a key incentive people think about when deciding to have a kid? really, this is your argument?

Also i don't see >>25074 directly mentioning marriage in either post. it seems anon's argument was much broader.

but back to your original argument that makes little sense. you are saying that a ceremony and a status that religious and secular individuals both cherish is not about commitment, appreciation of another person, pledging to help, protect, etc. the other and so forth, instead it is about celebrating a tax break and announcing to society "thanks for the tax break we will now have children"? are we to assume that marriage during feudalism was for the same purpose?

wow, anon brilliant. Amazing Americans spend tens of thousands of dollars celebrating tax breaks. they even invite their families and friends to celebrate getting a tax break. yay, i'm going to save a few thousand dollars each year, time to throw a party that cost 60K.

brilliant analysis.
>>
>>25175
We just spend it on stupid shit.
We should of listened to carter.
>>
>>25175
You can get married without having the government recognize the marriage. So yes, it is about the tax breaks
>>
>>25175
There is, and has never been, any law prohibiting two men from getting a priest to perform the sacraments of marriage on them.

Tax breaks are what the issue is about. Tax breaks are what the issue has always BEEN about. Homosexual marriage is at it's core about homosexuals wanting tax breaks.
>>
>>25064
Setting aside the religious part of the argument for homosexual unions - explain logically - or anatomically - how it is not perversion?
Even nature itself testifies against homosexuality.
How long will you sweep AIDS under the rug- which is a direct result of homosexuality.
If homosexual unions are allowed now - how long before adults want to marry their children? How about two brothers- you seem to cringe at incest, but how is it different?
>>
>>25068
All it said was companies are free to refuse service if they want

Are you dense?
>>
Oh good. It's this fucking debate again...
>>
>>25204

Are you a troll? You must be.

Whether or not is a perversion by your definition or mine, doesn't really matter. When two consenting adults want to put dicks in their mouths, it is their choice to do so. It doesn't effect you directly or indirectly and there is no need for you to try and regulate that behavior. It is a bit perverse that just cause you don't think dicks should go in mouths you want to forbid others from putting dicks in their mouths.
If you don't like it, you are FREE to avoid putting dicks in your mouth and you are FREE to keep your dick out of some dudes mouth.

>AIDS direct result of homosexuality and nature hates it because AIDS
" the simplest and most plausible explanation for the cross-species transmission" of SIV or HIV, was that the virus was transmitted from an ape or monkey to a human when a hunter or bushmeat vendor/handler was bitten or cut while hunting or butchering the animal."

Shit, sounds similar to how people got ebola. Let's take your logical framework and apply it here:

Hunters get AIDS and ebola, nature testifies against humans hunting. Sounds reasonable right?

If consenting adults get married how long until children are legally raped by their parents? That's probably pretty far off (i.e. never).

Finally, as for incest between two consenting siblings. This shit has to be pretty fucking rare. I mean what percent of the population has done this? I'd imagine a very very small number of people. I don't think it is something we actually need to worry about, but I suppose we can point to the potential harm it could cause their mutants babies?
>>
>"Guaranteed Replies: The Thread"

o boi
>>
>>25204
>I'll take Slippery Slope for 200, Alex
>>
I don't care, gay couples are a novelty to me, let em raise monster babies.
>>
>>25204
Medfag and /sci/fag here, AIDS gets transmitted between homosexual and heterosexual couples so don't believe that you're immune just because >muh normal sex.

Make sure your partner is clean or use a condom or abstinence.

Circumcision greatly reduces the transmission.

>If homosexual unions are allowed now - how long before adults want to marry their children? How about two brothers- you seem to cringe at incest, but how is it different?
Allowing homosexual unions doesn't legalise paedophilia and incest and those will never be legalised unless /a/ executes a coup and starts their own dictatorship.
>>
>>25064
>muh gay rights
Meanwhile,there are young people dying of cancer and whose lives depend on money,money asked by private hospitals and doctors to save their lives

Meanwhile,the US is zerg rushed by millions of subhumans undermining the country in every way

Meanwhile,suicide rates are increasing

Meanwhile,culture and education are collapsing and becoming a joke

Meanwhile,we're ran by politicians who take orders from lobbyists,corporations and foreign entities

Meanwhile,taxpayer money is wasted and/or stolen
>>
>>25272
>unless /a/ stages a coup

Kek
>>
I think that as long as there is a separation between church and state it should be up to the individual churches whether or not they are willing to legitimize a marriage between gays, or even straight couples.

Gays should by all means be allowed to get married on government papers, but forcing a priest who thinks gay marriage is an abomination to cast his blessing on a gay couple is just wrong.
>>
>>25272
>/sci/fag here
>Make sure your partner is clean or use a condom or abstinence.
>or abstinence
won't be hard for you
>>
>>25288
So why are your worried so much about their tax bracket and spousal rights?

They aren't forcing pastors to marry them, they just want them to be able to file jointly on taxes and be able to make medical decisions for loved ones etc...none of this effects you or anyone morally against gays, and it doesn't radically change anything for anyone straight.
>>
>>25272
> Circumcision greatly reduces the transmission.
Good goy
>>
How's about this: churches don't have to marry people if they don't want. The government has to.

There you go. You can have your bigotry and the government can treat everyone fairly.
>>
>>25189
Bull shit. If that was the case, civil union would've been over and done with years ago.
You fucks want to claim victim at every fork.
>>
Let's not forget about the HIV that was once called "gay cancer."
>>
>>25137
I a gay uncle and a gay aunt, both have adopted.
>>
>>25189
You must be from a moderately conservative part of the country that deludes themselves with such conspiracy. Get into deep hick town an-it's a totally different story der bub. If it ain't in the Bible it ain't good, just ignore the bad of the bible.
You can and will be harassed for being gay because "Adam and Eve, not Steve" and "All Faggots go to Hell".

Homosexual marriage is a religious issue that benefits from people making outrageous claims that add up to practically nothing. Anything to scapegoat the different.
>>
>>25288
>Meanwhile I will shitpost and not make a relevant thread linking /news/ sources to discuss the issue.
>>
>>25390
I don't see what the conspiracy is in his post. Unless you mean the tax breaks, in which case he is objectively right. Gay marriage rights are only about getting the government to recognize he marriage, not about allowing marriage in the first place.

I'm from New York
>>
>>25390
Anything to attempt to force people to accept your degeneracy.
Government shouldn't have anything to say about marriage in the first place.
>>
>>25399
If it was only about tax benefits, civil union would have ended the entire issue. But no, that wasn't enough. Leftists want to stick it to the religious people who don't approve of fudgepackers and rugburners.
>>
>>25401
You get more rights conferred from marriage than from a civil union
>>
>>25402
There was an amendment that would have made the rights equal, probably more than one, but it (they) were rejected.
>>
>>25065
Not letting gay people marry is not the same as hanging gay people from cranes, or throwing them off buildings no matter how much you want to pretend white homosexuals are the most hard done by group in the world.

Also, America, you have no right to complain. You fought a war to keep these retards in the union. They wanted to leave, you should have let them. If you had, you wouldn't be tethered to a pack of retards like you are now.
>>
>>25074
>businesses treating gays, minorities, Catholics, etc. differently because of sexuality, race, religion, etc. = not protected.

You're more than capable of naming and shaming businesses that do this though. You don't need a government to punish them, you can hit them right in the wallets by making people go out of their way to not peruse the goods of an asshole.
>>
>>25401

1 as a married person, I can tell you the benefits aren't that great. I get less deductions as a married person filing separately than I did as an individual.

2 it isn't about sticking it to the religious people. its simply allowing the gays to do what they want. I do not jerk it, stick in it my wife's mouth, etc. because I hate God or religious people. I do it cause it is what I want to do and it isn't any business of theirs which one of my wife's holes i jam or if i spill my seed (and don't take a shower after a release).

>>25482
ahh the libertarian idea that everyone is on fair playing field and the only vote that matters is the economic vote.

the economic vote can be powerful, but as the article linked mentions the congress knows how this will hurt the amount of money coming into the state they don't care.

additionally, if 2% of the population stops buying shit from x company does it really matter? pushing an unpopular group out of the store might even increase sales by the people who want to celebrate treating others differently.

A benign example is the restaurant that banned children. while some families said "what the fuck thats not fair" their sales dramatically increased that weekend.

same goes with chic-fil-a. the owner says fuck gays and people come out of the woodwork to stuff greasy (but tasty) chicken down their gullets, not cause they were hungry or that they hate gays, but they help liberals and anything liberals like must be despised.
>>
>>25378

lets not forget people once thought the world was flat
people once believed radiation was good and had radiated plates
people once believed that it was natural to have peasants and feudal lords and nobility
the us army used to give soldiers smokes
people once thought that the war in iraq would be over in a matter of months
>>
>>25557
No one is saying they can't do what they want in the sack, and that has nothing to do with gay marriage, not a single thing. How can you even begin to insinuate that it is the same thing? That is the most unintentionally ridiculous thing I have read in quite a while.
>>
>>25137
Should couples with no children be prohibited from marriage as well?
>>
I don't know why they call themselves christians because Jesus treated everybody in the same way. It does not matter if it's a gay couple or a straight couple, everybody is a sinner.
>>
>>25288
>gay people cause cancer and the collapse of western society
Anon, you couldn't be any fucking dumber if you were a zika baby
>>
>>25065
They don't even have power in your country, why keep talking about them ? Stop making me feel bad about being a muslim
>>
MARRIAGE IS A RELIGIOUS THING WHY DO YOU WANT TO GET MARRIED WHEN YOU'RE GAY.
>>
>>27242
I dunno, why do Muslim alcoholics/drug-users, Buddhist soldiers, Jewish atheists and Hindu meat-eaters exist?
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.