[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Republican frontrunner Donald Trump backs FBI on Apple ruling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 0

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35591988

How are you Trump cucks going to defend this?
>>
>>23909
welp, it's over.

dropped.
>>
He's a fascist populist, and this plays to both terrorist paranoia and ignorance(in that what they are asking is impossible). I'm not surprised.
>>
>tfw no Rand.

Welp.
>>
end of privacy: its habbening
>>
>>23909
If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear
>>
>>23909
>>23910
To be fair it's the Obama administration that's actually doing it. And Clinton would obviously support it. So would the other Republicans probably.

I'm still going with Bernie and then Trump if Bernie doesn't get it. At least trump is honest about this shit, I don't remember Obama saying anything about this in his campaign and your a fool to think the other non-Bernie candidates wouldn't want this too
>>
>>23909
I'm not a trump supporter but i do believe anyone should be allowed to encrypt and decrypt. This is one of the reasons nsa can't do shit without breaking Constitutional rights. But at the same time you can still find legit isis support and pedos on places like twitter in less than an hour. I doubt any part of the government actually understands how to find offenders and terrorists easily even if they had the encryption/decryption experience/software considering their track record.
>>
>>23927
He was the only one that seemed like he could be a legit president.
>>
>>23935
It already happened. Data/info mining is common in business. They already sell information anyways.
>>
>>23927
Not even Johnson can save us
>>
>>23957
All the information gathering didn't stop the france shootings. They'll blame encryption but theres always something in the metadata. Giving up your privacy for fake safety is just a net loss. And don't misunderstand no amount of privacy loss will stop the lone wolf attacks which near daily.

The mass shooting statistics prove this and people would rather fight for gun rights n give up privacy instead of controlling guns across the board, breaking big school districts into max districts of 5 schools, which would facilitate the mental health screening we need by adding extra n more specialized councelors or at least be a step in the right direction.

But, muh guns.
>>
>>23971
Gary Johnson couldn't save himself an ice cream sandwich.
>>
>>23909
Oh boohoo they opened a terrorist's phone.
>>
>>24010
Anon what are you on about
>>
trump fucked up with this, you need encryption without backdoors to make america great again, stupid trump.
>>
How can an individual do anything to protects his/her privacy? Im really pissed off at the apple bending over to the FBI thing.
>>
BUILD WALL
>>
Is this not consistent with the 4th amendment?
>>
Trump also supports Jews but /pol/ keeps riding his dick.
>>
>>23957

>i do believe anyone should be allowed to encrypt and decrypt

How hard would you stick to that stance if someone remotely decrypted your phone and stole your personal information thanks to a backdoor put in your phone's OS by government order?
>>
>>24113

They're not. Apple is fighting that court order on the basis of "if we give the government a backdoor to this one phone, there's a good chance they'll use it on other phones regardless of what they say about only wanting it for this one phone". Ostensibly, Apple's position is also predicated on the idea of protecting other mobile phone OSes - if Apple has to make an iOS backdoor via court order, what'd stop the government from making other companies do the same thing?
>>
>>24237
I think you misunderstood what he said
>>
>>24239

>anyone should be allowed to encrypt and decrypt

>anyone

Pretty sure "government agents" count as "someone", yo.
>>
>>24238
This may be the trigger moment for normies to ditch the internet...and all applefags are pretty paranoid about the internet.
My cousin hates me being on ANY chan on his internet, even if its /fit/ or /x/ or /his/, and everything he owns has a macintosh icon on it.
>>
>>23909
No need to defend it. Apple is in the wrong
>>
go trump make america great again
>>
>>23909
The FBI will never have the man power to go through everyone sexts. However if an iPhone is ever used as remote device to trigger a bomb on US soil. Apple is gonna get fucked.
>>
>>24289
AI is getting pretty damn good, won't be long until a computer program can sort out anything useful. They can already just sort out certain keywords
BOMB THE WHITEHOUSE
KILL OBAMA
FUCK THE NSA DIRECTOR'S MOTHER
>>
>>24296
Threat detected.
Sending dildo drone.
>>
I won't defend Trump but fuck Apple for acting like high horse faggots.
>Oh we would NEVER compromise our consumers info
>We just collect it and sell it
>>
I've been warning you retards. Trump doesn't give a shit about your liberties.
>>
>>24332
It's a blatant PR stunt, of course.
>>
Not only does Trump back the FBI but calls for a boycott of Apple. http://www.theverge.com/2016/2/19/11071684/donald-trump-apple-boycott-encryption-iphone
>>
>>24019
It's not as simple as "opening up a terrorist's phone".

The FBI is asking Apple to make a version of iOS that would allow them to have a backdoor into any iPhone.

Which is bad news for the rest of us that aren't crazier than a fucking shithouse rat.
>>
>>24276
Please, tell me what information a dead terrorist that was barely connected to ISIS could have in his phone that would stop future attacks.

The attackers only made a declaration of allegiance to ISIS after or before they did the attack. Cells don't really talk with one another, everyone just knows what they need to know.
>>
It's a terrorist cell phone, just unlock the fucking thing you fucks.

Dead Muslims terrorists don't have rights.
>>
>>24369
What the nuts does it have to do with liberty when they're served a lawful warrant?
>>
>>24289
>if a device designed to send signals sends a signal the people who made it will get fucked
>>
I'm usually not a conspiracy theorist, but I find it very difficult to believe that the FB frikken I can't read the data on an iPhone.

The want a back door for another reason
>>
>>24492

NSA already has this.
What difference does it make?
>>
>>24010
Right to privacy and the right to self defense go hand in hand you statist cuck.
>>
>>24549
Then you don't know very much about encryption fag.
>>
>White House spokesman Josh Earnest said the FBI request for access did not mean they were asking for a "back door" - or unauthorised access - into the company's device or for it to be redesigned.
>It also wants Apple to develop a way to help speed up investigators trying different passcode combinations to gain access.
How is this not a backdoor? How is the former statement not a bald-faced lie?
>Apple's Tim Cook said on Wednesday the FBI's demands set "a dangerous precedent".
Refusing this would be a beautiful display of civil disobedience.
>>
>>24113
Do their own cryptography. But oh wait, apple cant let their users do that.
>>
>>24237
Its not like it doesn't happen there is always a way around an encryption.
>>24238
Fbi would have to ask and have seizure of the phone their trying to get into legally though.
>>24253
What car do they drive?
>>24289
No, itll probably be this.
>ceo and major share holders sell company
>ceo ditches country
>sharholders live off " copyrightwelfare "
>>
>>24771
>civil disobedience
Tell me are the employees ok with getting arrested? if not then this is non compliance.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.