[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

America’s second-worst charity agrees to shut down

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1446920823357.jpg (111KB, 639x440px) Image search: [Google]
1446920823357.jpg
111KB, 639x440px
Remember Cancer Fund of America?

It came it at No. 2 on the list of America’s Worst Charities in 2013, when Tampa Bay Times, The Center for Investigative Reporting and CNN teamed up to find the most wasteful charities in the country.

Now, after years under federal investigation, it looks like Reynolds will shut his Knoxville, Tennessee-based charity down.

Citing documents filed in U.S. District Court in Phoenix, CNN reported last night that Reynolds has agreed to go out of business and allow the charity he started to be operated by a court-appointed receiver for the time being.

The agreement, which still must be approved by state officials, stems from a civil complaint filed last May by the Federal Trade Commission in concert with attorneys general in all 50 states. That complaint accused Reynolds and some of his family members of building a network of “sham charities” designed to enrich officers at the expense of sick women and children.

According to the complaint, donations intended for the sick paid for “extravagant insider benefits,” including cars, college tuition, gym memberships, concert tickets, a Caribbean cruise and trips to Las Vegas and other touristy locales.

“Some charities send children to Disney World,” South Carolina Secretary of State Mark Hammond said at a Washington D.C. news conference when the complaint was announced. “These charities sent themselves to Disney World.”

According to the complaint, Cancer Fund and other affiliated charities raised $187 million over four years, yet spent almost 90 percent of the contributions on for-profit telemarketers and the “steady lucrative employment” of Cancer Fund founder James Reynolds Sr., his ex-wife, his son and dozens of members of their extended family.

https://www.revealnews.org/blog/americas-second-worst-charity-agrees-to-shut-down/
>>
That the same Shit almost every single no in Africa does. I have seen some pretty wistfully Shit
>>
>>23804
>>23804
Is English not your primary language?
>>
>>23849
Why is Wistfully you not understand? Sans be the Shit you spew, also.
>>
>>24194
>>24194
kek
>>
Charities in general tend to be self-perpetuating scams more often than not. It's really unfortunate.
>>
That we even have a list of "worst charities" at all sounds like something out of fucking cartoon where everyone's expected to be a scumbag.

>My dad made it onto the list of best puppy-stompers
>Well my dad hands out the most razor blade-filled candy on holloween

How do we even let shit get this bad?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.