[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Equifax Says Cyberattack May Have Affected 143 Million Customers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/07/credit-reporting-firm-equifax-says-cybersecurity-incident-could-potentially-affect-143-million-us-consumers.html

Equifax, which supplies credit information and other information services, said Thursday that a data breach could have potentially affected 143 million consumers in the United States.

The population of the U.S. was about 324 million as of Jan. 1, 2017, according to the Census Bureau, which means the Equifax incident affects a huge portion of the country.

Equifax said it discovered the breach on July 29. "Criminals exploited a U.S. website application vulnerability to gain access to certain files," the company said.

Shares of Equifax fell more than 5 percent in after-hours trading.

The company said the exposed data include names, birth dates, Social Security numbers, addresses and some driver's license numbers, all of which Equifax aims to protect for its customers.

Equifax added that 209,000 U.S. credit card numbers were obtained, in addition to "certain dispute documents with personal identifying information for approximately 182,000 U.S. consumers."
>>
>>176102
>customers
You mean people who's information they collected/mined?
>>
>>176126
Came here to say this.

Their customers are lenders (who pay a subscription fee), not the people they track without permission.
>>
>>176148
Bro they got all the permission they need.

If you don't wanna be data mined, just don't use any form of digital media whatsoever. Easy. It's a conscious choice and you know what you're getting yourself into.
>>
>>176151
OH I forgot to add.

Don't fill out any forms either. Somebody can still input them into a database. You don't -have- to use anything that takes a form, even paper ones!

Just be Amish. Duh.
>>
I've never used Equifax, am I fucked?
>>
>>176177
Literally flip a coin to find out.
>>
>>176177
Ever taken out a mobile phone contract in your name?
>>
Well it ought to be easy for them to do the "free credit monitoring" thing companies seem to believe makes it all better.
>>
>>176177
ever have a bank account, ever sign a lease, ever take out a loan, ever use a credit or debit card, ever had a job?

well then, they're collecting your info, if you're an adult american there's a greater than 50% chance you've been compromised and will have to take the nuclear option of freezing all your credit indefinitely while hoping no criminal uses your name and SSN to commit a crime since the police will come after you for it
>>
I think they're going to war. They accessed all the files of all the people who may or may not be citizens or soldiers, for a list to doublecheck scores before a draft. The same fucking thing happened before the other wars. Gigantic data breach, to make sure nobody lies about their credit after they've been drafted/employed in war, even 3 years later. They bounce that list around until they're ready.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.