[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paul Ryan tells ‘Dreamers’ to rest easy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1

File: 40x480.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
40x480.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
House Speaker Paul Ryan on Wednesday told “Dreamers” to “rest easy” because his chamber will work with President Trump to come up with a plan to reform the immigration process a day after the administration began phasing out the Deferred Action on Childhood Arrivals program.

“We will not be advancing legislation that doesn’t have the support of President Trump because we are going to work with the president on how to do this legislation,” Ryan (R-Wis.) said during a news conference of Republican House leaders.
“I think people should rest easy, and I think the president made the right call and the president also gave us the time and space we’re going to need to find where that compromise is,” Ryan said.

“This is a home that people know and they don’t know any other country as a home. I think there’s a serious humane issue here that needs to be dealt with, but it’s only fitting and reasonable that we also deal with some of the root causes of this problem because what we don’t want to have happen is another DACA problem 10 years from now. We want to make sure that we to fix this issue for these kids — for these young people — and address the root cause of the problem.”
But in the Senate, Minority Leader Chuck Schumer’s patience was already running out.
The New York Democrat called for a bill to protect the 800,000 young illegal immigrants — also known as “Dreamers” — caught in limbo over Trump’s decision, or his party would attach it to any must-pass legislation this fall.

“If a clean Dream Act does not come to the floor in September, we are prepared to attach it to other items this fall until it passes,” Schumer said at a news conference with House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and other colleagues.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/06/paul-ryan-tells-dreamers-to-rest-easy/
>>
>>175505
Im confused. Will "dreamers" actually be kicked out or not?

What will their legal status be once Trump drops DACA (as he said he would) and the replacement scheme is not yet in place?
>>
Because work something out went so well with healthcare.
>>
>>175531
Likely it will be an application of immigration standards to these dreamers. An electrical engineer that cheated the system to get his education is still an electrical engineer, it would be a great loss to American companies and interests to deport him. The kids that grew up to have the job skills of "can speak broken english and work for less than minimum wage" will probably be deported since we wouldnt have let them in anyways. As Ryan puts it though, something needs to be done that permanently fixes this; we cant just put a bandaid on it and have the same problem pop up in 2030.
>>
>>175542
>it would be a loss to Americans if an American got that job instead
>>
>>175626
Its already our immigration standard, stem fields and doctorates are welcomed in America because they are fields that legitimately always need more people. American STEM grads outside of code monkeys and single OS sys admins arent losing work or facing lowered wages due to foreigners.
>>
>>175626
The labor market can always use more skilled workers; God knows there's a shortage nowadays.

Why are you so scared of competition anyway? This is simply the free market in motion; if you're fit for the job, you're hired, no questions asked. Or does your libertarianism end where your entitlement begins?
>>
>>175627
>we need more stem
>not because it's cheaper then actual Americans tots bro
>>175629
>totally a shortage
>>
>>175632
>Cheaper
I know you probably are going to meme arrow this away but yes, fields like mechanical, computer and electrical engineering will pay through the nose for anyone qualified to do the work. My firm has had a position open for months at a generous salary but nobody who can use IDA pull apart x86 or ARM and report their findings has shown up. Because its work not everyone can do.
>>
>>175542
>it would be a great loss to American companies and interests

YOU FUCKING SLAVE TRADER

jesus christ if these democats get their way we're all going in ovens
>>
>>175637
>Literally saying the people whose only skill is working below minimum wage should be deported
Are you stupid? Do you have brain damage? Does reading whole paragraphs without them blurring into a jumble of words hurt your head?
>>
>>175639
I don't judge people based on their skill levels you disgusting slave trader

You're sick. You probably think I'm joking but I'm not. You people are the ones who justified slavery because it benefited America.
>>
>>175641
I was unaware a 6 figure salary, citizenship and health benefits with freedom to change employers was slavery
>>
>>175643
illegal aliens are illegal aliens

you're picking and choosing which of them get special treatement and that's not ethical. We're all human beings. They all get deported. Have some compassion for Christ's sake. Once again I am not joking get your head out of your ass.
>>
>>175647

You're arguing with a communist

He will hold multiple contradictory positions to get his way

The reality is that they want as much Unskilled immigration as possible. Gibs are always easy votes for commied, especially since Mexicans love dictatorships.
>>
>>175653
Thanks, I forget that so often,
>>
>>175632
The simple fact that untrained shmucks like you can't just waltz into a STEM or tech job means that there'll always be a shortage and a need for skilled workers. What is your justification for denying qualified applicants the right to jobs you can't do, other than sheer spite and entitlement? Did you think MAGA was an I.O.U?
>>
>>175647
Yes, all of us are equal. But some are more equal than others. I like those people, they can stay. His 40 siblings that cant even speak the language can go MMGA
>>175653
>Lets deport garbage and keep educated professionals
>Communist
Words have meanings you know
>>
>>175661
spoken like a true democrat slave trading liberal communist

pretending to be a patriot isn't fooling anyone
>>
>>175662
I get the feeling youre one of the aformentioned code monkeys
>>
>>175665
What would that even matter? You think if you can guess who I am, that invalidates my post?
>>
>>175666
I mean youve guessed wrong on both the communist and the dem accusations while completely misrepresenting a simple "wheat from chaff" argument and samefagging youself a pat on the back. I figured you took offense to the code monkey bit
>>
>>175531

>Im confused. Will "dreamers" actually be kicked out or not?

Based on what Trump and the leaders of the GOP in congress and the senate say, no. The whole "we'll enforce our borders" campaign promise was a lie.
>>
>>175647
If someone worked hard, sacrificed everything, and earned a valuable degree to work and live in the USA, do they have any less right to be a citizen than you? All you had to do was get shat out under Old Glory.

>>175653
Look at your monitor when you type, not your bathroom mirror. How have I and >>175643 been anything less than consistent in arguing citizenship should go to the brightest? Which of us are arguing for 'gibs', when you want jobs you can't fill and opportunities beyond your reach because you chanted MAGA louder than anyone else?
>>
>>175670
>All you had to do was get shat out under Old Glory
Hi, >>175643 (You) here. Im speaking from a strictly practical standpoint. Keeping 95% of these people is bad form and will cause the issue to repeat itself in 20 years. It really ought just be kept to a basis of "would we let this person immigrate today if they applied?" Actually immigrating here is pretty hard, and making it in any way easier for any of these people WILL spur another round of anchor babies trying to con their way in. But if someone is legitimately bright enough to get a degree in stem where it isnt already full to the rafters then thats a big hurdle met to get in. Can do the fees and back taxes some other way, Im no lawyer nor accountant so no idea what would be the best way to get that
>>
>>175531
Sounds like Ryan wants them to keep American citizenship since they technically have no other country to go back to. The alternative is basically sending people who grew up here to foreign countries, which is a pr disaster.
>>
>>175626
That implies that an American would want that job in the first place. Trade schools are not that popular anymore and Devos wants them phased out entirely.
>>
>>175641
But you do justify who deserves a job more because of where they were born.
The former system at least ensures some form of meritocracy, whereas yours ensures cronyism.
>>
>>175531
nothing.jpeg

What will happen is ICE will throw them at the bottom of the heap and continue on prioritizing criminals like they always have. The only way they'll be deported is if they break the law or Trump specifically orders DACA to prioritize them.
>>
>>175668
wrong

>>175670
>If someone worked hard, sacrificed everything, and earned a valuable degree to work and live in the USA, do they have any less right to be a citizen than you?
Nobody has a "right" to be a citizen. You're either a citizen or not.

Leftists don't understand what rights are. Or any of the things you discuss. It's really irritating. Learn the definitions of the words you want to use and be consistent about it (like the rest of us)
>>
>>175682
You don't reward criminals by giving them exactly what THEY TRIED TO STEAL.

Jesus christ. Look at this asshole talking about meritocracy while advocating for criminals. Get real.
>>
>>175707
They aren't trying to steal jobs man. That's not the fucking intent. The fucking intent is to escape shit like the cartel and find a way to make a quiet living in another country. The only people you can blame for the "job stealing" issue is the people who hire illegal immigrants, then take advantage of them to pay sub minimum wage for back breaking labor. Those people are fucked up.
>>
>>175728
>The fucking intent is to escape shit like the cartel
this is total bullshit

all these people are lying

read Adios America. free audiobook available on youtube, last I checked. Oh wait shes probably a racist so her facts are invalid hahahah oh shit.
>>
>>175689
It's a little more than nothing, anon.

ICE isn't going to target dreamers once the 6 month "grace" period ends, but dreamers are going to acquire illegal status and be forced to deal with all the encumbrances that entails. They will lose whatever initial job they had since an employer would fire them or else risk legal trouble for knowingly -- as far as it is proven legally -- employing an illegal immigrant.

That is going to leave them with the type of low-paying jobs that only illegal immigrants can get. That is a best case scenario for a dreamer if DACA is left to expire with no replacement. That's a pretty substantial drop in well-being considering that some of them are highly skilled and educated.
>>
>>175627
>STEM grads outside of code monkeys and single OS sys admins arent losing work
>STEM grads outside of the entry level positions for one entire major field of STEM
>>
>>175728
If the home country would fix their own fucking problems and provide opportunities at home, rather than third world poverty, the illegal aliens wouldn't need to come to the USA.
>>
>>176017
>I only know one OS/Language
>Why isnt anyone hiring me :(
We dont do H1B for similar reasons. A good 3/4 of the college kids coming through my door cant even fizzbuzz, if Im lucky the 4th will know a whole language from doing the homework and nothing more. Documentation? Optimization? Memory management if its the odd "knows more than java" prodigy? Id rather throw them to the QA pits until they get a cert or two. Its off topic but CS and IT have some entitlement issues that usually result in the stark realization that a 4.0 means about as much as a cert in whitespace, you need to actually do something besides just your homework
>>
>>176022
This, history shows time and time again that immigrants are just highway bandits in disguise. The Puritans couldn't be bothered to change the religious climate in England, so they started enforcing their dogma in America instead. The Irish in the 1800s decided to fucking clog up our country rather than find a solution to the potato blight. The Jews in the 1940s were too fucking lazy to correct the antisemitism in Germany so they chose to make themselves a burden on us instead.

Clearly the Mexicans' problem stems from inherent laziness. None of them care about the well-being of their country, and refuse to work to improve it. In fact they're so damn lazy they'd rather make a dangerous border crossing, work difficult manual labor for under minimum wage, and send money back to their families rather than do all they can to improve their country. Makes me fucking sick

>>175707
They are thieves. A dreamer working as a nurse is taking away that job from another potential nurse because they are more qualified for the position. That person has to work a different job, increasing the gross production of the economy. The problem is that since they aren't native born, they taint everything they touch and turn it Mexican, crushing the prosperity of the United States. Even though they were minors when they came to the United States and speak fluent English, the fact that their parents crossed the border illegally means they are all crooked thieves.
>>
>>176036
indeed :)
>>
Make this part of the Raise act. If they want the Dreamers to stay make it part of immigration reform. That keeps the undesirables out.
>>
>>176036
America was already filled with Jews when Hitler was a painter. You're delusional about the state of your country, like most Sharts.
>>
>>176096
My point wasn't about the shifting demographics of Jewish people in America, but rather about the absurdity of the "they should make their own country better" argument (even though the presence of Jewish people doesn't mean before Hitler doesn't mean more immigrated afterwards). Every person on this continent migrated or immigrated here rather than improve their homeland.
>>
>>176036
>They are thieves.
Not under any definition of "theft" accepted by real human beings.
>>
>>175541
Don't look now but another bill cancer man wants to support will be introduced on Monday.
>>
>>176017
Those are considered low skilled jobs in STEM.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.