[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Merkel: "Turkey should not become a member of the European

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: !cid_ii_1337f684b7cab1f3.jpg (266KB, 1600x974px) Image search: [Google]
!cid_ii_1337f684b7cab1f3.jpg
266KB, 1600x974px
German Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Sunday she would seek an end to Turkey's membership talks with the European Union in an apparent shift of her position during a televised debate weeks before a German election.

"The fact is clear that Turkey should not become a member of the EU," Merkel said in the debate with her Social Democrat (SPD) challenger Martin Schulz.
Erdogan urges Turks in Germany to vote against Angela Merkel
"I'll speak to my [EU] colleagues to see if we can reach a joint position on this so that we can end these accession talks," Merkel added.

The comments are likely to worsen already strained ties between the two NATO allies that have deepened since Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's crackdown on opponents in the aftermath of a failed coup attempt in July of last year.
There was no immediate reaction from Turkey which is in the midst of a national religious holiday.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/merkel-no-turkey-in-eu-1.4274187
>>
WTF? Merkel hates those poor muslims now? Thanks Drumpf!
>>
Better late than never I guess.
>>
How disgustingly islamophobic Mama Merkel! How could you reject such a wonderful, progressive and superior culture. Just wait a few years and all those lovely turkish people that already enrich your inferior and infidel country will teach you your place, so go ahead and invite some more I hear they are quite fond of Mr. Erdogan in your country, so well integrated aren't they?
>>
We all knew that Turkey wasn't going anywhere if it didn't get its shit together. There are a number of categories that must be fulfilled in order to earn membership, and Turkey has objectively failed to reach the majority of them.
>>
>>174699
Actually it was her opponent Martin Schulz who said he would end Turkey's membership talks, once he became chancelor. Merkel jumped on the bandwagon.
>>
>>174832
This. Erdogan is literally in the process of making himself a dictator for life, and has consistently shit on the EU besides. He doesn't want to join, and the EU doesn't want him either.

If they were smart the Europeans wouldn't accept anyone else until they sort out the mess that is all the overlapping jurisdictions and agencies, of which only part of the Union has joined any given one, with a reasonable layered structure of packages. Make up some good tiers and they can actually have a reason to keep Germany and Greece in the same governmental body, as well as give the drowning Britons a lifeline to reel back in so everyone saves face.
>>
>>174932
First intelligent answer I've read on 4 chan ever I'm stunned, thank you kind anonym individual you showed me that not all people here are dumber than a rock. Made my day
>>
>>174932
>>174940
I too, will join in on this if only to pad our numbers. I mean...I think everyone else is trolling and knows this is the right move.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.