[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Irma becomes Category 2 hurricane, expected to strengthen even more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

The National Hurricane Center said Irma strengthened to a Category 2 hurricane Thursday morning with 100 mph sustained winds.

Irma was moving west-northwest at 10 mph and is forecast to become a major hurricane by the evening.

The National Hurricane Center said Irma is expected to be "an extremely dangerous hurricane for the next several days."

Irma is still thousands of miles away from South Florida.

Local 10 News chief certified meteorologist Betty Davis said the U.S. and European computer models show slightly different directions for Irma.

"So we want to pay particular attention to this particular system over the coming days," Davis said. "Too soon to say whether it's going to track toward South Florida or be a threat for us."

https://www.local10.com/weather/hurricane/hurricane-irma
>>
>>173814
Its still too far out to tell, predictions are split on whether Miami or Puerto Rico is about to get buttfucked. Of course American news is going to assume Miami since it pulls more ad revenue
>>
Good thing global warming does not exist amirite?
>>
>>173843
A single instance of something does not prove a trend. Using a single example to prove a trend just makes you look stupid.

Nonetheless global warming is/will become a serious problem is the coming decades.
>>
>>173844
>single instance
Gee yeah good thing this bedeviling Irma storm is the only natural disaster threatening the American coast at the moment
Seriously, what the fuck man? You nitpick some asshole's post and then agree with him? What the fuck, are you really that desperate for interaction? Here's your reply, then, I hope it satisfies your lonely existence
>>
>>173858
He's trying to defuse evidence that undercuts his real position that ClimateChance isn't real. But seriously The fourth largest city was underwater. but I bet they don't do anything about it because thats how the gun lobbyist types work
>>
>>173824
>predictions are split on whether Miami or Puerto Rico is about to get buttfucked.

where are you even reading this? cyclone forecasting beyond 150 hours is a crapshoot. model consensus only shows a westerly course as is usual with a cape/cabo verde storm this far out. we won't know anything until it crosses the windwards (if it even make that far before turning) as these storms usually make their moves there. the model spread beyond 120 hours shows going it anywhere from cuba to the carolinas or out to sea.
>>
Cat 5 now boiz
>>
>Carolinas
How fucked are we
>>
>>175044
Is that a lot? How many cats does a hurricane usually have?
>>
well guys its already raining and thundering here in puertorico
I think we're fucked
>>
>>175064
>>
>>175076
o
>>
a YouTube channel WeatherWar101 has info about how Harvey and Irma have been man made using extremely large evaporator machines to "feed" the storms.

He lays out the locations of these things on Google Earth, etc. - very interesting.
>>
>>175321
definitely engineered catastrophe, people are blaming nature when its man made..
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.