[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sofía Vergara Wins Legal Battle To Kill Her Frozen Unborn Babies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: sofia-vergara-2015.jpg (2MB, 3026x4200px) Image search: [Google]
sofia-vergara-2015.jpg
2MB, 3026x4200px
>According to LifeNews, Sofía Vergara and her ex-fiance have been in a multi-year legal battle over the fate of their two human embryos, whom they named Emma and Isabella, which has now finally come to a close with a federal judge dismissing the case.

>"Vergara and ex-fiance Nick Loeb have been fighting for more than two years about the fate of their frozen embryos, who Loeb named Emma and Isabella," reports LifeNews. "Loeb wants the girls to have a chance to live, while the 'Modern Family' actress wants them to remain frozen or be destroyed. The couple had the embryos created several years ago for in vitro fertilization, but the couple later split."

>Loeb now believes that life begins at conception and does not want the embryos destroyed, and now argues that "Vergara’s parental rights should be terminated and Loeb given full custody of the girls" so he can implant them into a surrogate mother. He claims that Vergara promised him not to destroy the embryos, a verbal agreement that he says will be broken.

>“I created these two female embryos with the purpose of taking them to term and not destruction, because I have always dreamed of being a father,” Loeb said in 2015. “I have previously offered to waive any parental or financial responsibilities on the part of my ex. … When a man does want to become a father, and wants to impose no obligations on the other party, he should have that corresponding right.”

>Vergara is taking the "act of mercy" stance, claiming the children cannot exist without a loving household.

>“A child needs a mother and a loving relationship with parents that get along, that don’t hate each other. .... Kids need parents,” Vergara said.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/20321/true-modern-family-sof%C3%ADa-vergara-wins-legal-battle-paul-bois
>>
>>172878
>nigga kills frozen babies due to no loving household
amazing.
>>
I honestly did not even know you could freeze an embryo and have it still be viable. Nor that this was legal. Why not donate them to couples who can't produce children on their own?
>>
>>172878
he should appeal the decision
>>
>>172878
>“I created these two female embryo
absolutely fucking NO you didn't. his argument is literally fucking retarded. they were her biological property from the beginning, not his
>>
>>172957
Can't create baby without sperm are you retarded?
Half from mom half from dad.
>>
>embryo

1.) it can't suffer
2.) it never had plans for the future
3.) nobody depends on it

ergo, it shouldn't receive any consideration.
>>
>>172878
Who gives a fuck lmao
>>
>>172960
Neither do farm animals.
>>
>>172960
They're human beings, so they have a right to live, but even discounting that:

The father wants to raise them, the mother doesn't. The father is willing to terminate her parental rights so she won't need to give them any money or ever even meet them if she doesn't want to. They aren't in her body, so it does not negatively affect her at all that the father be allowed to raise them.
>>
>>172896
>Why not donate them to couples who can't produce children on their own?

Might as well adopt.
>>
>>172965
Some women want the experience of being pregnant and giving birth to a child, but are infertile. As well, some people are more likely to feel the child is truly "theirs" if they've raised it since birth rather than adopted it after it's already been alive for years.
>>
>>172963

Well we can at least say that virtually anything with a nervous system can experience suffering to varying degrees, so livestock correspondingly deserve some level of consideration (perhaps more than humans if they can experience greater suffering).

>>172964
>They're human beings, so they have a right to live

I agree that they might have a right to live depending on the laws of where they're kept. But I'm just questioning that legal standard not only for practical reasons but from an ethical standpoint. I'm not sure that right should exist.

In an enlightened world, being human by itself should not confer any special privileges. I think in many jurisdictions, embryos should deserve fewer rights than they are given and animals should receive more. In a more enlightened world, a fully grown farm chicken should be entitled to more consideration than a human embryo. It would make more sense to assign rights as per the characteristics of one's nervous system (ability to suffer, ability to have had expectations for one's future) than an arbitrary division by species.
>>
>Being forced by a court, or anyone, to give offspring to someone you don't want to
>>
>>172986
She already has. He just wants to raise them now.
>>
>>172978
Which can experience greater suffering a full grown human or a full grown cow?
>>
>>172965
Adopting usually takes unreasonable sums of money for no particular reason. Fostering costs nearly nothing, which is why there are hordes of shitty foster parents who love the idea of a government check.
>>
>>172990
Which one was born?
>>
>>172994
Both
>>
I think she's hot.
>>
>>172878
>"I created"
>>
>>172995
thx
>>
>>172878
They should both get half of each embryo.
>>
>>173114
So she wins.
>>
Men don't have any say in reproduction other than sticking their dick inside and cumming.
>>
>>172957
Subtle bait
>>
>>173492
Wtf im a wiman a d this is absolutely cruel and just what the fuck.
Men have every right to have an input in the livelyhood of THEIR child. It takes two to tango. Without men the baby wouldnt fucking exist. Just because your dad didnt wanna be around your faggot ass doesnt mean all dads are indifferent to their kids
>>
>>172957
spot the virgin.
>>
>>172896
>donate the embryos
>few years later couple sues again crying because the child does not have a proper standard of living suitable for a starlet child
>forever on the hook for child care

If they really gave a shit about kids they'd of had them earlier or adopt.
>>
>>172878
Good
>>
>>172957
Bait,
but just for good measure.
Someone supplied the semen.
So it's a 50%/50% effort.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.