[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Global Catering Giant Launches Plant-Based Cookery Course To

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: serveimage.jpg (92KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
92KB, 1200x630px
Recent polling by the company showed many consumers want to eat more vegetable-based dishes

Aramark chefs will learn to cook plant-based dishes

One of the world's leading catering companies has launched a plant-based training program to teach more than 1,000 of its chefs to cook tasty, healthy, vegan meals.

Aramark, which describes itself as a 'global leader in food, facilities, and uniforms' has joined forces with charity The Humane Society of the United States [HSUS] in order to provide the training.

According to Aramark, the initiative to conduct a series of plant-based culinary trainings over the next six months, is 'part of its ongoing efforts to develop strategies that increase plant-based food offerings for consumers'.
Plant-based

According to a spokesperson: "Currently, as part of its Healthy for Life 20 By 20 commitment with the American Heart Association, 30 per cent of the main dishes Aramark serves across its dining operations in Healthcare, Higher Education, and Business Dining are vegan or vegetarian, and 10 per cent feature whole grains as their main ingredient.

"The goal of the new training partnership is to further enable the company's 1000+ chefs who serve millions of meals daily in hospitals, schools, and workplaces to create meals, menus and dining concepts that center on foods including vegetables, whole grains, legumes, and nuts.

"The curriculum will be developed together with The HSUS and Aramark's culinary leadership, including culinary teams at accounts the company serves. Aramark will also engage with its external advisors, including health & wellness, environmental and animal welfare organizations, to track and report its progress on plant-based food offerings following these trainings."

https://www.plantbasednews.org/post/global-catering-giant-launches-plant-based-cookery-course-to-teach-1-000-chefs-to-cook-vegan
>>
>>172863
'Important'

Recent polling by Aramark consumers showed that more than 60 percent of respondents believe that vegan, vegetarian, and plant-forward (vegetables-as-center-of-the-plate, with smaller portions of meat) options are important.

The vast majority of those consumers also believe these options are better for their health, the environment, and animals.

Dan Wainfan, who leads health and wellness for Aramark, said: "As part of our broad and ongoing commitment to health, wellness and sustainability, we continue to work towards offering more plant-forward menu options, and alternate protein sources to Aramark guests.

"We are proud to work on culinary training and menu innovations which provide important health benefits to consumers, while minimizing our environmental impact."
>>
Thanks OP Any good vegan recipes you know most I know are fake meat replacements and are usually disgusting.
>>
>>172865
It depends on how healthy you like to eat. There many youtube channels, ranging from junk food diets to whole food. I'd recommend finding some people who eat with a similar philosophy as yourself.

I'm looking forward to this https://nutritionfacts.org/2016/06/30/not-die-cookbook/ because I am really into healthy eating.

There's a link on that page (https://www.lighter.world/) which looks especially promising. It's a website that gives you recipes based on how much to like to cook, and how well you like to eat, and they all look great.

Sorry if it seems like I'm advertising for them but I honestly think it's a high quality service for those who love to cook.
>>
>>172870
>(((nutritionfacts)))

good goy
>>
>>172879
They can't all be bad
>>
>>172870
I liked the lighter website. It really sucks that it won't give nutrition info for free though. That and the weekly recipe pool is pretty limited. Still, it's awesome to have something that caters to so many variables at once.
>>
>>172870
damn cool site. Did not know about the book or https://www.lighter.world which just gave me a great list of recipes for the day...
>>
I predict junk food companies will turn their sights on developing nations as first world nations become healthier.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.