[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

North Korean missile reportedly passes over Japan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: nk.jpg (86KB, 940x627px) Image search: [Google]
nk.jpg
86KB, 940x627px
A North Korean missile has passed over northern Japan, according to Japanese public broadcaster NHK.

South Korea's military has reported that an unidentified projectile was fired from a region near the North Korean capital, Pyongyang, in an eastern direction.

The Japanese government had warned people in the northern part of Japan to take precautions following the launch.

More to follow.

https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2017/0828/900641-missile/
>>
IDS HAPPPEENINNGGG
>>
fug
>>
Not Habbening but it's starting to get close. NK only get so many near misses before a response occurs
>>
>>172818
Japanese shut down trains https://mobile.twitter.com/StratSentinel/status/902286463622156289
>>
And nothing will happen. Sure there will be condamnations and tough talk and some sanctions before all goes back to routine and we wait for the next test of the norks, nothing will actually happen. That is the whole point of having china at yourr back and nukes of your own.
>>
North Korea's missile flew around 2,700 km with apogee of approximately 550 km. - US Centcom and Republic of Korean Army
>>
https://twitter.com/jtnarsico/status/902282149486665728
>>
>>172810
Stay safe Nippon, may your drifting be fast and nimble and your Eurobeat run strong and free.
>>
>>172909
They will cut down the missiles with superior Nippon steel folded over a thousand times
>>
So what's NK's goal?
To just fire blindly until they hit something?
Eventually make a precise strike?
Or just provoke until someone drags them to some negotiation table?
>>
>>172924
To prove that us defenses can't stop a missile from leaving nk airspace.

NK is all about convincing their people that the world is out to get them and only the gov can protect them. The only reason us has not invaded is because their military is too powerful.

To keep that image alive they do dumb, provoking shit to show off to the people while knowing nobody will invade without rustling china's jimmies.
....or the kims bought their own bullshit and are actually insane enough to think the us can't glass their entire country in 5mins with our nuclear subs parked off the coast.
>>
>>172949
I actually wouldn't put it past trump to send out the entire US arsenal the moment that pudgy pig dares to harm US ground.

I'd really pity the poor starving and deluded NK citizens though. A few among them probably don't buy that shit anymore and only play along to not get tortured to death.
>>
>>172956
Trump might be an idiot, but mattis is pretty much running the military carte blanche and he is not dumb. No strikes are going to happen unless China looks the other way and by the time that happens it will be bad enough for them to just do it themselves.

The SK media black market is a thing, and anyone living under that regime will eventually realise it is bad.

Having most of your gdp going to a huge military also helps stop any ideas of rebellion.
>>
>>172961
How strong is China's influence over NK anyway? It would seem like China could just starve all of NK to death if they chose to. Is that accurate?
>>
>>172973
>How strong is China's influence over NK anyway? It would seem like China could just starve all of NK to death if they chose to. Is that accurate?

Can't really know how strong it is, but china is their largest trading partner and the sole reason they are still a country instead of being forced into unification. I mean France and Italy got the US to go after gadafi in Libya even though he was playing ball with us, and France does not control wether we wake up to a sky of bombers.

So probably pretty high.

China wants them to just toe the line and continue being a buffer between SK (U.S.) borders. They are happy with then making a scene because nobody is talking about them militarizing the south China sea anymore. But they don't want anyone to actually fight and force them to get involved.
>>
Does anyone know at what altitude it stops being Japanese territory/air space? I'm completely ignorant of international laws, so I'm unsure if they could have got around breaking any if they flew high enough.
>>
>>172810
Where the FUCK are we going to get our videogames now?
>>
>>172810
So why didn't they shut it down?

What happened to all the US military hardware in Japan?

Are they totally incapable of shooting down one missile?
>>
>>173057
the japanese military didn't shoot it down
it was their decision, i think
>>
>>173067
wise
>>
>>172956
>a few of them
The majority don't. It's just another part of North Korean propaganda that all the civilians are shown to buy it 100%. The reason they go along wiith it on the surface is they know what will happen if they don't follow the script. Don't blame them, they're bigger victims of the Kim family than anyone else. It must suck for them to hear about all this shit going on (if they even can hear about it properly) and know that whatever happens happens without them ever having a say. If Kim Jong Un is stupid enough to try something bigger, there's going to be a huge amount of innocent civilians dead.
>>
seems like nobody mentioned this but after NK fired the missles they said they were planning on sending more later.

but when is it? 9/9 is NKs Day of the Foundation of the Republic which last year (9/9/16) NK did a nuclear test. It seems like 9/9/17 is a day that we should be watching out for.
>>
America aside, how are other asian countries that NK considers their enemies equipped to retaliate in case of an attack? And how badly would the situation escalate?

Some countries still have more or less bad blood between them because of historic disputes and conflicts, could a NK attack unify them?

And what about China? Would it take NK's side in an open conflict or war?
>>
Almost all Japanese are crazy..

missile comes and ring alart ,but every one tweet "its fucking noisy Im sleeping ," like that
>>
>>173117
Hello Kim.
>>
>>173117
probably an ironic answer to prove they are not scared by NK's games.
>>
so, when are they going to deploy thaad or aegis in japan?
>>
Where are you guys getting this info about trains shutting down and whatnot? I have several family members in Japan I regularly speak to and haven't heard shit about this from them.
>>
>>172949
>glass thier entire country
I like this term. Im going ti use it from now on.
>>
>>172949
If the kims were that stupid, they wouldn't be able to manage a dictatorship that extensively controlling and brutal.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.