[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Florida Police use 3 Tasers, baton, 4 handcuffs to arrest bar customer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1492071775588.jpg (27KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1492071775588.jpg
27KB, 640x360px
Jacksonville Beach police used a Taser, a baton and four sets of handcuffs to arrest a man accused of punching a bouncer and walking out on his $235 bar tab on Sunday.

Facebook video of the takedown outside Surfer [the Bar] on 1st Street North is leading some beachgoers to question why the use of force was necessary in the first place, since Christopher Alan White did not appear combative when a Jacksonville Beach Police Department officer deployed the first Taser.

White pulled the prongs off the first Taser, seemingly unaffected.

“Stop doing that,” White can be heard saying in the video.

That comment led to a second Taser deployment from a second officer as well as an attempted headlock, from which White wriggled free.

“I’m not fighting,” said White as an officer beat his thigh with a baton.

White swatted at the officer during the beating.

A third officer deployed a third Taser, which brought White to the ground.

Jacksonville Beach resident Annsley Grantham said she’s disturbed about what led up to the first Taser being fired.

“He seemed pretty inebriated, so I don’t think it was necessary to tase him at all,” said Grantham.

The officer wrote in his report that he deployed that Taser because White refused to give him his hand to be cuffed.

https://twitter.com/jennaANjax/status/897551823048818689/video/1

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/local/jacksonville-beach-police-use-three-tasers-baton-4-handcuffs-to-arrest-bar-customer/592605284
>>
A taser is not a compliance device. Cops need this drilled into their heads.
>>
>>170801
They probably could have avoided all of that retardation with some pepper spray, christ at this rate I should become a cop to balance out the retards.
>>
>>170827
You don't even need pepper spray. In this case the man was drunk and not belligerent. You can talk a drunk person into almost anything. Police need to be trained better in subtlety and persuasion. And beyond that, there are certain holds and compliance inducing methods that don't rely on constant pain - for example, the one everyone knows, where your arm is bent behind your back - it gives a quick, sharp jab of pain, very good at keeping people under control, but you can keep that hold in place without causing any pain. There is no need for a taser, pepper spray, any of that. You might not remember this, but back in the day, I actually knew most of the cops around where I lived by name - and most of them knew most of the residents. Things went a lot smoother, because they knew what situations to expect. Nowadays they're jumpy because almost every situation is unique or at least involves unknown people. This is why it's important that common sense is instilled during their training - it's possible to induce compliance without violence or anything more than the threat of pain. In fact, there's an entire fucking martial art dedicated to this purpose - aikido. In my mind, there needs to be a reevaluation of the purpose of law enforcement - is it to keep people safe, or keep them disciplined and controlled? I'm not saying cops should be disarmed. But their core philosophy needs some revising.
>>
>>170831
This is one of the smartest posts i have read in a long time. Thank you :)
>>
>>170801
Can't wait for BLM to claim that the cops are racist because they didn't shoot him because of his skin color.
>>
>>170801
Christ that video is crazy. Why are cops such pussies, 3 vs 1 can't manage to subdue a drunk guy without beating him up?
>>
>>170831
>back in my day cops were friendly!
back in the day there was probably unimaginable police abuse that was simply covered up.

as far as pain, the police aren't there to make sure you arent uncomfortable, theyre there to make sure you and the people around you are safe. when they dont know who you are and you're being uncooperative, the fastest way of getting you into cuffs is usually also the safest.
>>
>>170801
>overreaction
>inability to diffuse situation
>multiple taser deployment
>hotheaded cops unable to act professionally

S.O.P. for our RCMP.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.