[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mnuchin’s Wife Mocks Oregon Woman Over Lifestyle and Wealth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/22/us/politics/mnuchin-louise-linton-treasury-instagram.html?ribbon-ad-idx=6&rref=politics&module=Ribbon&version=context&region=Header&action=click&contentCollection=Politics&pgtype=article

WASHINGTON — The wife of the Treasury secretary on Monday night took a page from President Trump’s social media playbook for punching down.

Louise Linton, the labels-loving wife of Steven Mnuchin, replied condescendingly to an Instagram poster about her lifestyle and belittled the woman, Jenni Miller, a mother of three from Portland, Ore., for having less money than she does.

The brouhaha began when Ms. Linton posted a photograph of herself disembarking a military jet emblazoned with official government markings. She had joined her husband on a quick trip to Kentucky with the Senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell.

“Great #daytrip to #Kentucky!” Ms. Linton, 36, wrote under the photograph. She then added hashtags for various pieces of her expensive wardrobe, listing #rolandmouret, #hermesscarf, #tomford and #valentino.
>>
>>170515
Ms. Miller, 45, wrote under the photograph, “Glad we could pay for your little getaway. #deplorable.”
Photo

Instead of ignoring Ms. Miller, Ms. Linton — whose account had been public — replied with snark. (Ms. Linton changed her Instagram account to a private setting soon after the photograph was posted.)

“Aw!!! Did you think this was a personal trip?! Adorable!” she wrote. “Do you think the US govt paid for our honeymoon or personal travel?! Lololol. Have you given more to the economy than me and my husband? Either as an individual earner in taxes OR in self sacrifice to your country?”

Ms. Linton went on: “I’m pretty sure we paid more taxes toward our day ‘trip’ than you did. Pretty sure the amount we sacrifice per year is a lot more than you’d be willing to sacrifice if the choice was yours.” After that, she included emojis of a curled bicep and a face blowing a kiss.

“You’re adorably out of touch,” she said, later adding, “your life looks cute” before concluding, “Go chill out and watch the new game of thrones. It’s fab!”

Mr. Mnuchin is a wealthy businessman and a former executive at Goldman Sachs who worked on deals with Mr. Trump before Mr. Trump became president. Ms. Linton is an actress who posed with the diamonds she wore at their June wedding for a Town and Country magazine spread.

Screenshots of Ms. Linton’s Instagram post went viral on Twitter, where her comments to Ms. Miller were mocked.
>>
>>170515
She clearly started it and deserved to get the response she did. Sure it was over the top, but I have a hard time finding sympathy for the "victim."
>>
>>170515
haha I love her.
Success envy is a pillar of leftist politics.
>>
>>170542
>announcing your reports
Enjoy your ban
>>
>>170515
>Jenni Miller, a mother of three
Who wants to bet on single mother with mulatto children from different fathers?
>>
>>170515
>(((Mnuchin)))
>>
>>170515
>rich asshole treats everyone else as inferiors, becomes upset when peasant dares to speak back against their master
Sadly this is not even news at this point.
>>
>>170515
Not surprised, that jealous basic bitch was asking for it.
>>
>>170546
What is she successful at?
>>
Is Mnuchin implicated in any of the shady Russian money laundering too? I know Wilbur Ross and Trump are but I can't remember if Mnuchin is caught up in it too.
>>
>>170742
No he's more implicated in the housing crisis but he already paid all his fines off from the time when he ran his own investment firm
>>
>>170742
>Is Mnuchin implicated in any of the shady Russian money laundering too? I know Wilbur Ross and Trump are

No they aren't.
>>
>>170742
Is that something louise mensch tweeted?
>>
>>170762
Goldman Sachs getting fined for swindling millions of Americans made news everywhere. Mnuchin was part of that..
>>
>>170516
>“Aw!!! Did you think this was a personal trip?! Adorable!” she wrote. “Do you think the US govt paid for our honeymoon or personal travel?! Lololol. Have you given more to the economy than me and my husband? Either as an individual earner in taxes

Since when is paying taxes done as a favor? That's just how we've organized our society. You have some representation in the form of votes and some protections detailed in the constitution. Beyond that, taxes are levied by democratic consent to pay for the things we ask government to do.

>OR in self sacrifice to your country?

After her husband ran an (often illegal) foreclosure factory, she should be incredibly thankful to the working class that she lives in a society without downward social mobility. In a more just world they'd be living out of cardboard box. In our country, mnuchin is rewarded richly with a post as treasury secretary.
>>
>>170515
When is Mnunchin's banks going to be penalized for breaking the law? Dirty money is dirty money and should be confiscated
>>
>>170789
She tagged a bunch of designers for her outfit when she could have just tagged the working class considering her husband killing it is what bought her all those clothes.
>>
Success envy is a trait of the left.
>>
>>170515
A 36 year old whore? Is that the best Mnuchin can do? He's a billionaire for fucks sake. Why not ditch this old and and get himself three 16 year old blonde girls.
>>
>>170896
see >>170729
>>
>>170729
>>170901
Getting attention and acquiring wealth/connections.
>>
>>170941
So she was willing to have sex with Mnuchin. Enough said.
>>
>Sending me passive aggressive Instagram comments isn't going to make life feel better
did she just not stop for one moment to check whether her own reply wouldnt be seen as the most passive aggressive response possible?
>>
>>170515
>punching down

I really hate this leftist concept. Like, she's supposed to just take whatever abuse gets thrown at her without being allowed to respond because she's rich?
>>
>>170991
Exactly. What hardships can a rich bourgeoisiette like her ever experience.
>>
>>170991
>wahhhh stop being mean to my billion dollar net worth on the internet

pussy. are you gonna cry that i called you that or just gonna ignore it like this bitch should have done because who gives a fuck
>>
>>171035
The difference is, no one's going to write a news article criticizing me for calling you a faggot in return.
>>
>>170991
she's supposed to just take whatever abuse gets thrown at her without being allowed to respond because she's a representative of the state.
>>
>>171048
she's the spouse of a representative of state so she should doubly shut the fuck up.
>>
>>170729
finding a super wealthy husband.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.