[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Synagogue on edge after vandalism in Alameda

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: ebt-l-alavandal-0819-1.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ebt-l-alavandal-0819-1.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
ALAMEDA — A synagogue in Alameda was vandalized this week in what some worry could be a reaction to the violence in Charlottesville and its aftermath.

>Two classroom windows at Temple Israel of Alameda on Bay Farm Island were broken sometime Wednesday night or early Thursday morning, according to synagogue leaders.

>The attack prompted a small vigil outside the synagogue on Thursday night. Another was planned for 7 p.m. Friday, before Shabbat services.

>The vandalism came just hours after the board of directors of Temple Israel met on Wednesday and discussed the possibility that the synagogue could be targeted following the violence in Charlottesville, according to board President Genevieve Pastor-Cohen.

>“It breaks my heart and soul to be exposed to this type of mindless and senseless action especially aimed at the community I (we) love,” Pastor-Cohen said in a Thursday message to the congregation.

>Both Alameda police and Harbor Bay Security, which patrols the neighborhood, were contacted following the vandalism, she said.

>It was not immediately known if police were treating the vandalism as a possible hate crime.

>The incident also came the same week that the city of Alameda posted a statement on its website, affirming its support for tolerance.

>“Our city policies foster an atmosphere of inclusion and respect for all,” the statement said. “Alamedans cherish and respect freedom of speech and the wide range of viewpoints and opinions that make this community so unique. But we reject hate, violence, and bigotry. Instead, our community supports and empowers one another.”

>On Friday, Assemblyman Rob Bonta (D-Oakland) and Assemblyman Marc Levine (D-Marin and Sonoma counties) issued a statement, describing the vandalism as “alarming.”

http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2017/08/18/synagogue-vandalized-in-alameda-in-wake-of-charlottesville/
>>
>“We were deeply troubled to learn Temple Israel in Alameda was the target of vandalism yesterday,” the lawmakers said. “This is even more alarming with the recent rise of anti-Semitic attacks throughout ur country. We stand with the congregation and the people of Alameda. We hope that police find the vandals responsible for this destruction and bring them to justice.”

>Pastor-Cohen noted that a security plan has been in the works at the synagogue since February.

>“With this current incident, we will re-examine it to ensure our community is protected and safe from harm especially with our High Holy Days coming upon us,” she said.

>About 100 families attend Temple Israel, which is located at 3183 Mecartney Road. It will celebrate its centennial in 2020.
>>
>>170511
Have the majority of these been linked to black lives matter and other alt left groups?
>>
>>170511
>The vandalism came just hours after the board of directors of Temple Israel met on Wednesday and discussed the possibility that the synagogue could be targeted following the violence in Charlottesville, according to board President Genevieve Pastor-Cohen
"Hey rabbi, whatcha doin?"
But seriously, this smells like insurance fraud. A temple on an island in Southern California being targetted by racists because of a protest literally on the opposite end of the country? Right after a meeting discussing how the temple could be targetted by these racists?
>>
>>170520
>targetted by racists because of a protest literally on the opposite end of the country
very true.
if only there were some means of relatively instantaneous information transfer whereby people could know what was going on in other places
>>
>>170523
Given how many of these hoaxs have been proven I think we should assume these "Attacks" are done by the alt-left until proven otherwise.
>>
>>170547
Already do. The 5th columnists are alive and active in this country.
>>
The jeews robbed America. GET EM. Take our courts our money and our media BACK.

GET THOSE FUCKIN KIKES AND KILL THEM ALL. GET EM!!!!
>>
>>171123
Remember folks, capitalism is great except when your tribe isn't winning!
>>
>>171144
Autism
>>
>>171144
I can tell this guy gets laid
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.