[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump Afghanistan: FORGET NATION BUILDING. KILL AS MANY PEOPLE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1452947721007.jpg (223KB, 468x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452947721007.jpg
223KB, 468x720px
Trump Afghan plan 'about killing terrorists'
'My original instinct was to pull out, and historically I like following my instincts, but all of my life I heard that decisions are much different when you sit behind the desk in the Oval Office,' Mr Trump said.
'So I studied Afghanistan in great detail and from every angle.'
The strategy going forward would be to 'fight to win'.
'From now on, victory will have a clear definition: attacking our enemies, obliterating ISIS, crushing al-Qaeda, preventing the Taliban from taking over the country, and stopping mass terror attacks against Americans before they emerge,' he said.

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stories/2017/08/22/trump-to-announce-afghanistan-plan.html

American forces, along with allies including Australia, are likely to remain in Afghanistan for years to come with US President Donald Trump reneging on repeated pre-election promises to pull American forces out of the war-torn nation.
Mr Trump said he had studied Afghanistan in great detail since moving into the White House in January and concluded a 'hasty withdrawal would create a vacuum that terrorists, including ISIS and Al Qaeda, would instantly fill'.
A rapid exit would also provide a safe haven similar to the one that allowed the September 11, 2001 terror attacks on the US to be launched.
The president on Monday declined to talk about US troop numbers or confirm reports he had agreed to boost America's deployment in Afghanistan by 4000 because he did not want to tip off the enemy.
'We will work with allies and partners to protect our shared interests,' Mr Trump said during his much-anticipated speech at the US Army's Joint Base Myer- Henderson Hall in Arlington, Virginia.
>>
>>170414
Or maybe not pull an Obama an allowed another terrorist nation to be built (isis) liberal cut and run amways fails.
>>
Simply letting the military do what they want is an amazing strategy.
Why hasn't anyone thought of that sooner?
>>
Can he do that? Just allow the army to kill as many Afghans as they want?
This is just wrong.
>>
>>170416
You seriously fell for the "Obama founded ISIS meme" Fuck. You Drumpftards are even stupider than I thought.
>>
>>170414

>5,000 troops

This is a drop in the bucket.

You have two options on either end of the spectrum, either a full blown, global nation building exercise which has never been attempted on this scale; or pursue a relentless, fruitless anti-terrorism effort which just drains our resources, kills troops, and never actually solves the problem.

Nation building would be a colossal near impossible effort. Afghans don't even function as a nation, concerned mostly with tribal identities and not caring about people more than 20 miles away. Their infrastructure is virtually non-existent. This was possible in post-war Germany with a relatively stable societal and transportation infrastructure, but not here.

Throwing more troops as it is a full blown reversal on his "world police" policies. The Taliban will be there next year, they will be there 20 years from now.

This reads more as a feigned attempt to string morons like OP along in thinking that he's a policy nut when in fact it's just people behind the scenes casting the aurora of an active presidency when the same action taken by Obama would've been nearly routine foreign policy maintenance work. Congratulations on somehow being worse on foreign policy on Obama, that's a monumental effort.

And no, screaming that we'll just blow the other country up doesn't count as foreign policy.
>>
>>170452
I think the biggest change is not in the troop levels but in the rules of engagement. You can see it in Syria. Since Trump took office the air force seems to bomb with impunity. Civilian casualties don't seem to matter anymore. And it seems to work. ISIS is really falling apart.
If he can do the same for Afghanistan it would be a very big change. No more fucking around.
>>
>>170444
because bush happened.
>>
>>170451
It's not a meme, Obama pulled out and ISIS took over. It's pretty much what everyone agrees with cut and run doesn't work.
>>
>>170448
Just shut up leftist.
>>
>>170473
what do you mean
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.