[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Google and ProPublica team up to build a national hate crime database

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 0x346.jpg (63KB, 514x259px) Image search: [Google]
0x346.jpg
63KB, 514x259px
In partnership with ProPublica, Google News Lab is launching a new tool to track hate crimes across America. Powered by machine learning, the Documenting Hate News Index will track reported hate crimes across all 50 states, collecting data from February 2017 onward.
Data visualization studio Pitch Interactive helped craft the index, which collects Google News results and filters them through Google’s natural language analysis to extract geographic and contextual information. Because they are not catalogued in any kind of formal national database, a fact that inspired the creation of the index to begin with, Google calls the project a “starting point” for the documentation and study of hate crimes. While the FBI is legally required to document hate crimes at the federal level, state and local authorities often fail to report their own incidents, making the data incomplete at best.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/08/18/google-documenting-hate-news-index-propublica/

The initiative is a data-rich new arm of the Documenting Hate project which collects and verifies hate incidents reported by both individual contributors and by news organizations. The Hate News Index will keep an eye out for false positives (casual uses of the word “hate” for example), striking a responsible balance between machine learning and human curation on a very sensitive subject. Hate events will be mapped onto a calendar in the user interface, though users can also use a keyword search or browse through algorithmic suggestions. For anyone who’d like to take the data in a new direction, Google will open sourced its data set, making it available through GitHub.

The project’s hope is that journalists can harness its combination of visualized data and news indexing to report more effectively on the aggregate data and incidents that might otherwise fall through the cracks.
>>
That's right goy.
You better stop posting your "Hate News" about Muslim Terror and Black Crime. Or Google will inform the authorities and have you arrested.
>>
>>169704
Or you can just stop saying you're going to gas and lynch people. Threats aren't legal and never will be.
>>
>>169709
This, you fucking morons. Instead of spreading white positivity, you're chimping out like the nogs you pretend to hate.
>>
>>169703
1984 style, noice
>>
>>169729
explain how it's like 1984
>>
>>169730
>Right wing jornalism
>Pointing out the flaws, dangers of leftist PC thinking
>Pointing out the dangers of Islam
>Rejecting multiculturalism
>Rejecting forced diversity quotas and mandated lifestyles
>Supporting traditional lifestyles and national patriotic values
>Valuing the family
>Valuing Christianity
>Valuing human life

These are all hate crimes (wrong think)
>>
all crimes are racism or discrimination
>>
>>169736
Did you miss the times when right wing neo nazis had a shitload of bombs with one occasion having enough to be labeled weapons of mass destruction?
>>
>>169738
>Communists are literally in control of everything
>They start to censor and ban everything
>BUT IT'S OK BECAUSE ONCE UPON A TIME SOME NAZIS HAD A BOMB

You are a full retard.
>>
>>169739
You've been fed so much bullshit propaganda you actually believe this. I bet you say shit like "gas the kikes, race war now!" unironically and you giggle whenever someone of opposing beliefs dies.
>>
>>169736
The fact that people unironically believe this is baffling
>>
>>169713
This

I really dont understand why people believe Rhetoric directly detrimental and calling violence towards a states own citizens regardless of any evident, committed, and or trailed (There's the most important part if you understand basic rights and not being a fucking asshole) should not be persecuted or punished because muh freedumb of speech. Just because you can say what you want you should be old enough to understand that your actions have consequences and then don't come and bitch when you offend somebody or threaten your own countries citizens for no evident reason and get punched in the face, or fire, or publicly ridiculed
>>
>>169740
>"gas the kikes, race war now!"

I like your idea. We should do that. The kikes must to pay for what they have done.
>>
>>169749
Read the fucking article linked in OP. That is exactly what is happening.
>>
What will the definition of hate be? Physical violence? Words? Speech since many make the argument that speech is equivalent to violence? Who's speech? Yours because you offended someone and they felt it was a violent attack? Just wish to know so I can follow the newspeak and party. Double plus good.
>>
>>169758
That's the point. No matter what you think of it is offensive to someone.
This way the Commies can slowly ban everything. Shut down all speech. Only state approved sites will remain.
>>
>>169758
How do we define violence is throwing something violence? Is pushing someone violence? What if it's just a brush or a nudge? What about spitting or screaming really loud until someone people complain about their ears hurting but others don't?
>>
>>169763
Retard
>>
>>169763
If you weren't a complete moron you could look up the legal definition for what qualifies as physical violence.
>>
>>169761

the irony is that you have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

i dont see communists baning or spying on you. all i see are hordes of nazis and fucking 1% instaling neo facsist state where everyone and everything is under control. and where you must be the chosen one to enjoy the scot free freedoms or you will be gone into 15 years prison for sneezing in public.
>>
>>169740
>You've been fed so much bullshit propaganda
what propaganda?
are lefties abusing their influence to attack people that criticize their sacred beliefs all a lie made up by nazis?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.