[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump is Totally Wrong, Anti-Racist Protesters Actually Did Have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: Sonic.png (592KB, 1072x1211px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic.png
592KB, 1072x1211px
https://lawnewz.com/high-profile/trump-is-totally-wrong-anti-racist-protesters-actually-did-have-permits/

As a federal judge recently noted in a ruling for “Unite the Right” organizer Jason Kessler, Charlottesville granted permits for counter-protesters too. During a fiery back and forth that drew heavy criticism, Trump wrongly claimed that only the white supremacists had the right to legally protest. That’s just not true.

LawNewz has confirmed that two permits were granted for counter protesters in the city. According to records obtained by LawNewz, Walter Heinecke applied and was approved for two permits for his group, Peoples Action For Racial Justice.

“I did get the permits to protest at two adjacent parks,” he said in an interview with LawNewz.com. “Once again, who is the generator of fake news? The president is.”

Heinecke received approval to hold his events at two nearby parks, McGuffy and Justice. Kessler, the organizer of the rally, held a permit for Emancipation Park (formerly Robert E. Lee Park).

“I wish he (the president) would stop exacerbating racial discrimination in our country. If he doesn’t, my next permit will be for the White House and I’ll bring a million people,” Heinecke said.

On top of that, counter protesters don’t need a permit to enter a public park to begin with.

“Please bear in mind that people do not need a permit to enter a public park, even when another event is scheduled to take place there, nor are they required to have one to be on streets or sidewalks adjacent to or outside the park,” Miriam Dickler, the Charlottesville communications director said in an email to LawNewz.com.
>>
>>169200
If only the counter protests stayed in the parks they had permits for and did not try to physically engage the other side none of this may have happened.
>protestors don't need a permit to block a street
This is just blatantly false.
>>
>>169204
Yeah, and where do you get all your information on what is and is not allowed, huh? Your arse?
>>
>>169257
>In some cases, government can require a permit as a condition of protest on public property. For example, government often can require a permit for parades in the streets, given the impact on vehicle traffic. Likewise, government often can require a permit for large protests in public parks and plazas, in order to ensure fairness among the various groups seeking to use the site.

>On the other hand, the First Amendment generally bars government from requiring a permit when one person or a small group protest in a park, or when a group of any size protest on a public sidewalk in a manner that does not burden pedestrian or vehicle traffic.

https://www.aclu-il.org/en/news/when-can-government-require-permit-protest

Blocking intersections and public access to a park is not a lawful form of protest protected by the first ammendment without a permit.
>>
>>169204
The white nationalists also changed locations in part because the police did literally nothing to prepare. No barricades were set up and on-duty police waited until people got close enough to reach out.
I don't know what the fuck their issue was but the police were mostly at fault here, since they should have expected clashes during a fucking protest.
>>
>>169290

This is really the fault of the police and the mayor. Both sides of this were there specifically to start a conflict and instead of enforcing the law, they let both sides do whatever they wanted.

Both sides should have been kept in their barricades at their respective locations and not been allowed to have any physical interaction with each other.

Like no shit they were going to fight. Water is wet
>>
>>169268
please don't bully the poor retards
>>
>>169268

So is ramming people with vehicles. Let's try to focus on BOTH sides okay?

;)
>>
>>169268
>>169343

And don't fucking goal post shift this, you slimy little weasels. Of course storming streets is unlawful, but Trump (as per usual) said they didn't have permits, which they did.

>opposing side right? bring up something else to make them look bad!

Slimy little righties.
>>
>>169290
Police were told to stand down iirc
>>
>>169200
>approval to hold his events at two nearby parks
drumpf btfo. two nearby parks had permits to counter-protest therefore the antifa thugs were permitted to be at the WN protest park and surrounding streets. Drumpf spreading fake news as usual.
>>
>>169345
>“You had a group on the other side that came charging in without a permit, and they were very, very violent. . . . You had a lot of people in that [white nationalist] group that were there to innocently protest and very legally protest, because you know — I don’t know if you know — they had a permit. The other group didn’t have a permit.”

>special events certificate of approval” for events at McGuffey Park and Justice Park — sites blocks from Emancipation Park, where white nationalists had a permit for a Saturday rally."

There are two ways to interpret Trump's statement. The first is that the counter protestors did not have any permits, which is how you and most people who hate Trump are choosing to take it, or that he meant they did not have a permit for Robert E. Lee park, which is how the Trump supporters are interpreting it.
Personally I side with the idea that he meant for Robert E. Lee park, given his statement on them "charging in" which to me implies a specific location is being referenced as opposed to the city as a whole.
Still, instead of focusing on the semantics of his statement, why not question why the two groups even clashed in the first place. Which one was at the wrong park when they should have been seperated? Which group was out in the streets and sidewalks illegally barring access to the others demonstration site?
Having a permit for a specific location(s) within a city does not open the entire city up to be a playground for political activism. If the two groups stayed separate and focused on spreading their own messages, the day would have likely ended very differently.
>>
>>169361
>Having a permit for a specific location(s) within a city does not open the entire city up to be a playground for political activism.
> If the two groups stayed separate and focused on spreading their own messages
>the day would have likely ended very differently.

There it is. Read em and weep
>>
>>169200
The permits were for a different location
>>
>>169470
Exactly. Its the libtards fault for getting themselves killed. a crime is a crime.. play stupid games win stupid prizes... etc
>>
>>169200
>Trump is Totally Wrong
And this is news how?
>>
>>169609
Cool! Are you a democrat too? I need a ride to the "America is racist," parade. Can you pick me and my male girlfriend's non-binary baby daddy up from planned parenthood?
>>
>>169611
I'm not even an American. I just like making fun of your president to distract attention from my own hopeless leader (Theresa May: she's a fucking train-wreck of a politician, but nothing compared to your dim-witted orange nazi sympathiser)...
>>
>>169613
>I'm not even an American
So basically you are a democrat

Can you give us a ride or not?
>>
>>169619
>So basically you are a democrat

>Can you give us a ride or not?

Sure I can, so long as you're ok with me taking a detour through a crowd of antifas/BLM/alt-left types. And I know you're fine with that, anon.
>>
>>169344
So is attacking vehicles with blunt weapons as they pass through your mob that is illegally blocking the road.

The one who hit the car with his club should be charged with the death of the woman who was hit, for inciting panic that resulted in loss of life.
>>
>>169361
This post is too long and well thought out for any lefty retard to read or undersrand.
>>
>>169625
No, gross.
>>
>>169312
muh freedom of speech
>>
>>169619
>Trump literally making lies
>are you a democrat?? is his only defense
Its hilarious how you guys dodge basic facts lmao
>>
>>169200
The issue wasn't them being in a park ( since I don't believe you even need a permit to stage a protest in a public area like that) but that they were blocking traffic, staging a march though public streets does require a permit.
>>
Who gives a shit? The whole thing was funded by Soros. DIVIDE & CONQUER. A house divided against itself CANNOT STAND! I cannot believe how many dumb people are on here. The elites want a civil war in the USA! Would you sheep-est Americans wake the F#ck up and unite for a cause that creates a resistance. YOUR UNDER SIEGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PUT YOUR DUMBASS DIFFERENCES ASIDE and focus on the real challenges @ hand.
>>
>>169200
No they didn't. Not where they were and not at the time.
>>
>>169290
They didn't engage in violence.
>>
>>169775
Trump didn't lie, the alt-left didn't have a permit to commit the instigation they did.
>>
>>169608
Oh, so we're not going to blame the actual fucking nazi for murder? This is some serious victim blaming here, fucko.
>>
>>170001
Considering the evidence shows that the alt left instigated it? no
>>
>>170001
Killing Commies is self defense. Always.
>>
>>170016
Did you forget that part about the Nazi? This is America
>>
>>169795
the majority of posters who self-identify as "wypepo" are too afraid of having their racial and cultural identity erased from the face of the earth in the same meticulous and systematic fashion every other race of people on this planet experienced under colonial rule for the last 1,000 years to see things that clearly.
>>
>>170060
>colonial rule for the last 1,000 years
totally not exagerating btw
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.