[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump unknowingly praises Russian twitter bot supporter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: shoop.png (228KB, 505x519px) Image search: [Google]
shoop.png
228KB, 505x519px
The Twitter user President Donald Trump praised last Saturday does not really exist, and the account might actually have ties to a Russia-backed disinformation campaign targeting the U.S. political system, The Washington Post reported Monday.

>"The president doesn't know whether it's a Russian bot or not," Clint Watts, a fellow at the Foreign Policy Research Institute, told the Post. "He's just pushing a narrative, whether it's true or false. This provides a window not just for Russia but for any adversary to both influence the president or discredit him."

>Trump retweeted a post by someone who used the handle @ProTrump45 and said her name was Nicole Mincey. She described herself as a "black conservative" who sells Trump merchandise, but Twitter users quickly realized it was a fake, and the account was suspended by Twitter on Monday following complaints. Twitter would not comment on why it took the account down, but the company regularly suspends fake accounts or accounts that have been hacked.

>Leading up to the election, many automated Russia-linked Twitter accounts flooded social media with pro-Trump rhetoric and made up news to aid the Republican nominee's campaign. Trump has dismissed the investigation into Russia meddling, but brought attention to the issue with his retweet.

>"His use of Twitter has elevated the platform," said Jamie Fly, a former adviser to Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., who helped create a project which tracks the influence of Russian-backed propaganda on the Internet. "It's created a situation where it's probably even more useful for a foreign power like Russia to try to influence the debate on Twitter."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/twitter-bot-retweet-campaign/2017/08/07/id/806359/
>>
>muh russians
jesus
>>
>>167231
You know when trump took office I bought twitter stock.

I seriously don't understand why some foreign conglomerate doesn't buy up twitter. I mean you'd have early access to trumps tweets, veto and delay power over posting his shit. You could even slightly alter his dumb ass rantings as it goes out.

I mean look our president is addicted to using this private company as his main source of communication and at the very least you could delay a tweet slamming GM for 2 minutes while you short the stock heavily.

You'd think TWTR would be more valuable.
>>
>>167993
>I bought twitter stock.
I would reccomend you watch it carefully. Twitter has a rapidly declining human userbase and no real assets.
>>
>>167877
t. russian 4chan bot
>>
>>167993
>You know when trump took office I bought twitter stock.
Wish I would have thought of that. Fuck.
>>
"trump needs to personally vet every one of his millions of twitter followers"
>>
Why does he have to jerk himself off so publicly? This coupled with his "propaganda dossier" and his need to rally regularly long after winning is just one big crying stroke since the left won't relent on their anti administration rhetoric.
>>
>>168950
He gotta get all his supporters together in one place regularly so they can look round at all the other idiots and not feel alone. Similar for his constant twatting: so his fans who can't get to the rallies cos they live in remote places and really are alone can read his twats, see how many other followers he's got and feel part of something instead of freaky alt-right cars-as-weapons users.
>>
>>168001
This. 1/3 of users on Twitter are bots, and they haven't found a way to actually be profitable. It's a modern day Enron.
>>
>>168990
kek
>>
>>168853
The leader of the free world typically should be checking his sources before quoting people, otherwise he might do something silly like make wild claims about lining up Muslims and shooting them with pig's blood dipped bullets. We certainly can't have that, can we?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.