[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FBI Raids Former Trump Camapign Manager, Paul Manafort

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

Since no one else is making the thread...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/fbi-conducted-predawn-raid-of-former-trump-campaign-chairman-manaforts-home/2017/08/09/5879fa9c-7c45-11e7-9d08-b79f191668ed_story.html

FBI agents raided the Alexandria home of President Trump’s former campaign chairman late last month, using a search warrant to seize documents and other materials, according to people familiar with the special counsel investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

Federal agents appeared at Paul Manafort’s home without advance warning in the predawn hours of July 26, the day after he met voluntarily with the staff for the Senate Intelligence Committee.

The search warrant was wide-ranging and FBI agents working with special counsel Robert S. Mueller III departed the home with various records. Jason Maloni, a spokesman for Manafort, confirmed that agents executed a warrant at one of the political consultant’s homes and that Manafort cooperated with the search.

Manafort has been voluntarily producing documents to congressional committees investigating Russia’s interference in the 2016 presidential election. The search warrant indicates investigators may have argued to a federal judge they had reason to believe Manafort could not be trusted to turn over all records in response to a grand jury subpoena.

It could also have been intended to send a message to President Trump’s former campaign chairman that he should not expect gentle treatment or legal courtesies from Mueller’s team.

The documents included materials Manafort had already provided to Congress, said people familiar with the search.

“If the FBI wanted the documents, they could just ask [Manafort] and he would have turned them over,” said one adviser close to the White House.

Josh Stueve, spokesman for Mueller, declined to comment, as did Reginald Brown, an attorney for Manafort.
>>
“Mr. Manafort has consistently cooperated with law enforcement and other serious inquiries and did so on this occasion as well,” said Maloni, the spokesman for Manafort.

Mueller has increased legal pressure on Manafort, consolidating under his authority a series of unrelated investigations into various aspects of Manafort’s professional and personal life.

Manafort’s allies fear that Mueller hopes to build a case against Manafort unrelated to the 2016 campaign, in hopes that the former campaign operative would provide information against others in Trump’s inner circle in exchange for lessening his own legal exposure.

The significance of the records seized from Manafort’s apartment is unclear.

Manafort has provided documents to both the Senate Judiciary Committee and the Senate and House intelligence committees. The documents are said to include notes Manafort took while attending a meeting with Donald Trump Jr. and a Russian lawyer at Trump Tower in June 2016.

Emails show Trump Jr. took the meeting and invited Manafort after he was promised the lawyer would deliver damaging information about Hillary Clinton as part of a Russian government effort to assist his father’s campaign.

[End of Story]
>>
Another important story to understand Manafort's Russia ties

https://www.apnews.com/122ae0b5848345faa88108a03de40c5a

AP Exclusive: Before Trump job, Manafort worked to aid Putin

Before signing up with Donald Trump, former campaign manager Paul Manafort secretly worked for a Russian billionaire with a plan to “greatly benefit the Putin Government,” The Associated Press has learned. The White House attempted to brush the report aside Wednesday, but it quickly raised fresh alarms in Congress about Russian links to Trump associates.

Manafort proposed in a confidential strategy plan as early as June 2005 that he would influence politics, business dealings and news coverage inside the United States, Europe and former Soviet republics to benefit President Vladimir Putin’s government, even as U.S.-Russia relations under Republican President George W. Bush grew worse.

Manafort pitched the plans to aluminum magnate Oleg Deripaska, a close Putin ally with whom Manafort eventually signed a $10 million annual contract beginning in 2006, according to interviews with several people familiar with payments to Manafort and business records obtained by the AP. Manafort and Deripaska maintained a business relationship until at least 2009, according to one person familiar with the work.

“We are now of the belief that this model can greatly benefit the Putin Government if employed at the correct levels with the appropriate commitment to success,” Manafort wrote in the 2005 memo to Deripaska. The effort, Manafort wrote, “will be offering a great service that can re-focus, both internally and externally, the policies of the Putin government.”

[Article continues but I'm not going to post more of it]
>>
Another article that talks about Manafort receiving payments from an illegal slush fund controlled by pro-Putin Ukrainian politicians disguised as payments for computers. It involves a company well known for money laundering.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/20/world/europe/paul-manafort-ukraine-allegations-trump.html
>>
Manafort's daughter accused him of murdering people in Ukraine

http://www.businessinsider.com/paul-manafort-daughter-text-messages-ukraine-2017-3

Late last month, hackers broke into Manafort's daughter's iPhone and published four years' worth of purported text messages — roughly 300,000 messages — on the dark web, an encrypted network that can be accessed only with a special browser.

In a series of texts reviewed by Business Insider that appear to have been sent by Andrea to her sister, Jessica, in March 2015, Andrea said their father had "no moral or legal compass."

"Don't fool yourself," Andrea wrote to her sister, according to the texts. "That money we have is blood money."

"You know he has killed people in Ukraine? Knowingly," she continued, according to the reviewed texts. "As a tactic to outrage the world and get focus on Ukraine. Remember when there were all those deaths taking place. A while back. About a year ago. Revolts and what not. Do you know whose strategy that was to cause that, to send those people out and get them slaughtered."

"He is cash poor right now," the text said. "And now Ukraine is late in paying him."

"He is a sick f---ing tyrant," Andrea appears to have said to Bond about her father. "And we keep showing up and dancing for him. ... We just keep showing up and eating the lobster. Nothing changes."
>>
It's no coincidence that this came the day after he turned over documents to the Senate Judiciary Committee. They likely knew about some sort of document he should have had and they requested but that he did not turn over, prompting a search warrant to be issued. Whether or not Manafort was stupid enough to keep evidence of any crimes months after he knew he was being investigated remains to be seen. Various sources are reporting that the type of documents seized are ones traditionally sought when investigators are investigating violations of the Bank Secrecy Act.
>>
Manafort jumped ship quickly enough not to be the main goal of the investigation, but not soon enough to not have leads on him. Biggest mistake was falling into the spot light. Criminals love anonymity and find working in the open makes their actions more transparent
>>
All Fake News designed to detract from our President's powerful handling of the North Korea Threat

Liberals just can't let Trump have any success.
>>
>thinking a pro like manafort leaves a paper trail
theres no way dems have sunken to this level of retardation
>>
>>166390
>>Thinking the Trump campaign wasn't dumb enough to leave a paper trail.

You guys need help...
>>
>>166397
Yeah, these are the guys who were dumb enough to call up the Russian ambassador and ask them to set up a secret line of communication using their equipment so that they could communicate with them without anyone in the US finding out. Of course the Russian ambassador was under surveillance so everyone in the US found out about his attempts to create a secret back channel with Russia.
>>
>>166397
>>>Thinking the Trump campaign wasn't dumb enough to leave a paper trail.
>You guys need help
Trail of what?
You still believe the collusion nonsense? Manafort if anything is in trouble because of his business dealings. Totally separate from anything to do with trump.
>>
>>166398
Didn't happen.
>>
>>166415
>>FBI raid requiring a warrant signed by federal judge for business dealings

Ok buddy whatever you say.
>>
Considering Manifort's previous relationship with Trump (his campaign and also business joint ventures) this is nothing more then a witch hunt.
>>
>>166390
Considering they were able to obtain a warrant to search his house, they probably have some portion of a paper trial to follow.
>>
>>166416
What contradicts the evidence that it did happen as reported by the media?
>>
>>166454
The FBI probe has expanded beyond Russian collusion. That is actually stated in most articles about this.
>>
>>166558
What's crazy is the amount of evidence incriminating Bernie Sanders, his wife, his daughter, Joe Biden, his neice, Hillary and Bill Clinton, Huma abedin, Anthony Weiner, Pelosi, and the utter lack of FBI search warrant for them
>>
>>166692
So what you're saying is...what about...Hilary?
>>
>>166364
Trumptard logic to explain away Manafort:

>Quite frankly, he was with the us for a very, very short time. By the way I won that election that nobody thought I would win. I got 306 electoral votes, which is very hard for a Republican as everyone knows.
>but frankly, Manafort, I don't even remember what his face looks like. I spoke to him maybe once in passing. Anyway, why don't you look into Hillary and all her crimes? Emails... Bill Clinton... Loretta Lynch.
>to be quite honest, I only hired Manafort out of courtesy for Put...Jim, my friend from Paris. Paris just isn't Paris anymore. No collusion, Russia spent a lot of money fighting me. They wanted Hillary because she was going to cut military and make gas expensive. I'm a disaster...for Russia. Ukraine collusion, why isn't FBI looking into DNC servers?
>>
>>166692
Anthony Weiner is literally in jail faggot.
>>
>>166714
>Trump is so great!
to
>Everything against him is a conspiracy
to
>Even if it is all true who cares?

Is Fox News going through the 7 stages of acceptance right now?
>>
>>166773
I think it was surprisingly well written. Trump supporters are so deeply in the con that you have to trick them with a "Trump is so great hook," then bring up the feelings of conspiracy and then mention the hypocrisy of not caring about this but going all out on President Clinton. It subtly plants a seed of doubt that may break them from the trance. At least that's my perspective on the meandering nature of the article.
>>
>>166736
Good shit
>>
>>166364
>Manafort

He's the only one going down
>>
Wow an i bet he dident smash all his laptops with hammers like hitlery
>>
>>166892
I doubt even that will happen.
>>
>>166826
It still assumes that trump or his current yeah committed any crimes. As if yet they don't even have the perception is any crimes being committed much less people of any specific.
>>
>>166773
Acceptance of what? What crimes have been committed?
>>
>>166559
It didn't, that was a misrepresentation.
>>
>>166691
Or never was about so called collusion. There was none that was admitted early on.
>>
>>166892
>(johncena.gif)
Are you sure about that?
>>
Apparently Manafort's legal team dropped him as a client and he had to hire a new one. He must have been lying to them.
>>
>>166826
>reading
news is written with the most important information first. Because the writer knows they'll quit reading as soon as they get the gist of the story. Details are expressed later. So the hypothesized core still believes, but they can SAY they're fair and balanced
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.