[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sanders to unveil rule requiring drug companies to set fair prices

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: sanders_bernie_12_1.jpg (21KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
sanders_bernie_12_1.jpg
21KB, 640x360px
Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) will unveil a new rule forcing pharmaceutical companies to set reasonable prices for drugs developed using research funded by federal research dollars, Huffington Post reported Monday.

The rule — an amendment to the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act — is Sanders’s newest attempt to block pharmaceutical company Sanofi Pasteur from receiving a license to develop a vaccine for the Zika virus with the U.S. Army.

>Sanofi Pasteur is pursuing a patent that would block other drugmakers from being able to produce and sell the vaccine at a lower price.

>The French company has received $43 million from the Department of Health and Human Services and is expecting $130 million more for future testing of the drug if current trials are successful.

>Sanders told HuffPost that federal agencies and nonprofits that receive federal funds would have to get manufacturers to sign a reasonable pricing agreement before handing over the exclusive rights to drugs or vaccines.

>“The days of allowing Sanofi and other drug makers to gouge American consumers after taking billions in taxpayer money must end,” Sanders said. “That is why I am introducing legislation to demand fairer, lower prices for the Zika vaccine and for every drug developed with government resources. This is a fight that we cannot afford to lose.”

>Sanders has attacked the French drugmaker before for its exclusive deal with the Army on the vaccine, calling for President Trump to shut down the deal in a May op-ed for The New York Times.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/344623-sanders-moves-to-force-pharmaceutical-companies-to-set-fair-drug-prices
>>
>>165675
Already posted here over a week ago.
>>162934
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.