[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leaked Google memo angers leftists

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: KodingwithKarlieKloss.png (463KB, 1357x1281px) Image search: [Google]
KodingwithKarlieKloss.png
463KB, 1357x1281px
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40845288

>In an internal memo, a male software engineer argued the lack of women in top tech jobs was due to biological differences between men and women.

>"We need to stop assuming that gender gaps imply sexism," he wrote in the piece which was widely criticised.

http://gizmodo.com/exclusive-heres-the-full-10-page-anti-diversity-screed-1797564320

>I’m not saying that all men differ from women in the following ways or that these differences are “just.” I’m simply stating that the distribution of preferences and abilities of men and women differ in part due to biological causes and that these differences may explain why we don’t see equal representation of women in tech and leadership. Many of these differences are small and there’s significant overlap between men and women, so you can’t say anything about an individual given these population level distributions.

If 1/6 computer science students are female you would expect to see about 1/6 in the workplace, it is simple mathematics, and there are more women than men in university so this is not due to any lack of opportunity. There is also an overwhelming amount of scientific evidence disproving the clean slate theory. So why is it so controversial to posit that not all disparity is due to prejudice?

Because many people make their living preying on people's fear of sexism and racism while falsely accusing others of it to intimidate them, it is a way to get more hits on your blog, more votes, to convince someone to start a lawsuit, to get hired or promoted over someone better qualified, it's a racket, there are even jobs that exist solely to help businesses help deflect false accusations. This is all normal in the America of 2017.
>>
>>165586
Google is actually about 20% female IT staff which is just above the 1/6 showing that if there is bias it is actually against men. This is also interesting when you look at how women in computer science have been increasing lately, so many of the older employees are likely men. This recent increase must then mean that Google is either having high levels of turnover to keep up with recent student demographics or they are biasing their hiring heavily in favor of women. Another interesting stat is that Google is only about 56% white, which is below the 63% white, nonhispanic demographic for the country. Asians are also over represented, with about 35% of the company despite being only 5% of 5he US. African Americans and Hispanics feature abysmal hiring stats compared to their US demographics.

It would be really useful to see stats for current hires, though from this data it wouldn't be incorrect to state that Google seems to be biasing hiring against white males, in favor of women and Asians.

https://www.google.com/diversity/
>>
>>165607
>20% female
>>bias against men

>>165607
>Asians are also over represented, with about 35% of the company despite being only 5% of 5he US. African Americans and Hispanics feature abysmal hiring stats compared to their US demographics.
It's because google's top execs are indian and asian.
>>
>>165676
I was going off of the 1/6 number for women earning computer science degrees that the OP posted, so having a 20% female staff would be slightly biased. Since 2009, only ~17.5% of computer science degrees have been awarded to women. After looking into it further, there is a very slight bias in hiring based on gender, though race is still highly questionable. If I had to take a guess, I would look into visa recipients as a main cause of the racial imbalances.

http://www.computerscience.org/resources/women-in-computer-science/

https://datausa.io/profile/cip/110701/
>>
Plain & Simple! No sexism intended here. Google is dangerous. They are in collusion with the Global Intelligence community. @ the end of the day, men can be trusted more. Woman are emotionally unpredictable. It's in their DNA. Google is not stupid. They have too many secrets to hide. They hired a smart male engineer with a conscience. It's biting them in the ass.... Looks Good On Them....And it's only just started. Bannon wants them regulated like a utility company stripping them of most of their power. Bannon is no dummy...
>>
Commies and Feminists are truly the scum of the earth. They must all be exterminated.
>>
>linking gizmodo sjw infested that also intentionally edited the memo as to prove the memo's authors point

sage
>>
>>165586
You can always tell how truthful something is by the angry reaction from the left
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.