[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Positive racism kicking in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: 1020167430.jpg (110KB, 1000x541px) Image search: [Google]
1020167430.jpg
110KB, 1000x541px
Harvard College's admitted freshmen last year became the first class in the school's multi-century history comprised of mostly nonwhite students.
And again, for the second year in a row, the majority of students invited to attend the prestigious college this year identify as ethnic minorities.

Of the 2,056 students accepted for the class of 2021, 50.8% do not identify as white. Of the admitted students, 22.2% are Asian-American, 14.6% are African-American, 11.6 are Latino, 1.9% are Native Americans, and Native Hawaiians are 0.5%. First-generation students make up 15.1% of the admitted class.
Neither this year's class nor last year's made many headlines when the college initially released the data. But with the Department of Justice now investigating a discrimination complaint against the school, Harvard and its diverse array of students have been thrust into the national spotlight.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/03/us/harvard-minority-admissions-trnd/index.html
>>
well if you get rid of affirmative action and only have merit based acceptance, then given that everyone wants to go to schools in the US given their name recognition, you end up with a condition where American citizens compete for seats with lots of people from every country.
And if immigration is purely merit based then they're of course the ones outperforming the average American candidate is going to receive priority.
Really nothing to do with racism, just simple statistics. Between China and India you have more than 2B people alone.
>>
>>164118
This, and whites are simply not at the level of Indians or the Chinese anymore. Their upbringing is far more rigorous. You have more of those groups in advanced placement courses, going to the highest tier high schools because they usually pick where they want to live instead of having something passed down, so on. A true meritocracy would ironically have a much smaller percentage of whites.

Now, I don't think affirmative action is screwing with them or even if it's a problem at Harvard. Whites clearly aren't being discriminated against here - they still are the largest racial group by a wide margin (I think it is a problem at other schools, though). However, the number of African American students admitted here is eyebrow raising. In any case, they want to make a point of it by going after the most well known schools in the country and to further the anti intellectual agenda this administration has been pushing.
>>
>>164111
Niggers will always be niggers, even with with a piece of paper.
>>
>>164127
>Indians can't use a toilet
>rigorous upbringing

Care to unpack this for me?
>>
>>164118
You also get free points for being brown.
>>
>>164118
Why does removing affirmative action mean that there will not be a preference for American students? Especially for public universities which are partially funded by American tax payers. Even at Harvard and Yale tax payers subsidize about 13k per year per student. This gets higher at top public schools with subsidies at UCLA averaging out to be 23k per year per student.

http://www.air.org/news/press-release/taxpayer-subsidies-most-colleges-and-universities-average-between-8000-more
>>
>>164133
India is a very unequal country. The stuff about open defecation is mostly from the rural and extremely poor areas.
>>
>>164145
lol
>>
>>164127
Then explain Singapoor. :^)
>>
>>164127
>This, and whites are simply not at the level of Indians or the Chinese anymore.

top kek. they never were. whites just had whole fucking state system behind their back which helped them to keep everyone down who wasnt white or had not enought money.
>>
>>164154
white kids can do way better on average that's beside the point; if you have a population number in the billions and a lot of motivation to escape your shitty lifestyle then you're probably going to have a lot of students competitive for seats at universities in the US.
>>
>>164155
>white kids

sure.. in privat schools with direct ways to MIT..wait this one is only for jews now..
>>
>>164154
>When you're too stupid to understand that whites built that system
>>
>>164127
>and whites are simply not at the level of Indians
I question this since I have not met a single Indian in Australia that I haven't wanted to punch the shit out of due to just how annoyingly stupid they are.
>>
>>164181
>my subjective anecdotal experience means that all of them are like this, it must be true because I personally haven't seen anything to the contrary
>>
>>164182
>my empty words with no evidence to back it up holds more value than personal expierence
>>
>niggers still need whitey to do everything for them
lmao enjoy your low IQ you useless bastards

How about we stop sending aid to Africa and let them all die already? It's not our responsibility.
>>
I dunno about you, but when I go out I lock my door, because I don't want other people helping themselves to my shit.
>>
>>164111
https://youtu.be/8EjY9cHyHl4
>>
>>164275
Because white guilt is pathological it seems
>>
>>167093
The American education system loves to drill into malleable young minds that only white people are capable of atrocity a should apologize. A year of history was dedicated to the Civil War, and instead of focusing on battles, the dynamics of the time, the entire discussion of the Civil War was strictly limited to slavery, and to apologize to the blacks. Two years of history was allotted for the Holocaust and EVIL Nazis (WW1 was never mentioned except as a footnote). Very brief discussion of WW2, of the battles, the dynamics of the politics, nor the other races that were killed in concentration camps. The entire discussion of WW2 was to apologize to the Jews.

1/4 of my education was White Apology class, not history
>>
>>164127
>Whites clearly aren't being discriminated against here
Yes they are, it's called affirmative action.

>>164154
>top kek. they never were. whites just had whole fucking state system behind their back which helped them to keep everyone down who wasnt white or had not enought money.

this nonsense, there is no "white privilege" no matter how much you scream about it.
>>
>>164111
It's sad that they have to lower the standards for others to make sure they get enough "Diversity".

Time to end affirmative action once and for all. It's the only form of institutional racism still left.
>>
>>164127
>anti intellectual agenda this administration has been pushing.
This is utter nonsense.
>>
>>164118
Maybe it's time to restrict the amount of foreign students as well.
>>
"Positive Racism" So the left is finally admitting to it.

Very happy we finally have an administration that will go after this affirmative action nonsense.
>>
Apparently a great many applicants are simply finding ways to appear to be minority to gain admittance to better schools. The policies are what are making this trend possible.
http://nypost.com/2015/04/12/mindy-kalings-brother-explains-why-he-pretended-to-be-black/
>>
Harvard is a meme anyway, it's all name brand recognition. It's hard to take them seriously with the retarded amount of grade inflation and the fact that underperforming students can get in by getting mommy and daddy to pony up some donation cash.
>>
>>167110
I don't understand how someone would think that is nonsense.
>>
>>164133
You know that's a meme that doesn't apply to every person in a whole country and you're just being obtuse
>>
>>164135
So did Harvard reject your application?
>>
>>168089
That's because of your communist ideology
>>
>>164144
>Especially for public universities which are partially funded by American tax payers.

Sadly, it's not surprising that nobody responded to your post...
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.