[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The drug problem and how to fix it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: muhpills.jpg (24KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
muhpills.jpg
24KB, 500x281px
http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/31/health/opioid-commission-emergency-declaration/index.html

The opioid epidemic is a symptom of a sickness: a broken human society.

The reason why opioids have become such an “overnight” epidemic is because they are produced by pharmaceutical companies that profit from their production and sale.

Easy solution in ONE DAY:

The U.S. Congress can pass a law TOMORROW that bans the production and sale of all synthetic opioids. If they do, the Senators and Congress Representatives will lose the support and campaign contributions of the pharmaceutical companies.

Put The Humanity Party® politicians in power and we’ll stop the epidemic … and replace it with something that just might cure the cause: a broken human society without hope and full of depression.

And, until the cause is cured, we will offer alternatives to address the symptoms: THE LEGALIZATION OF MARIJUANA and other natural drugs that a person can grow in their own home for FREE.
>>
Many of the deaths from opioids are the result of the illegal sale and transfer of the drugs, not their legal use for actual chronic pain disorders.

After a further review by THumP®’s Board of Directors, here are the first five steps that a THumP® government would take to solve the opioid epidemic:
>>
>>163555
Make Marijuana legal
>>
1. Control the money supply. Eliminate a cash based economy by eliminating all cash transactions. Eliminate, by law, any form of a financial transaction that isn’t government regulated. This would allow the government to track every financial transaction, of any kind. This would greatly impede the black market and virtually eliminate the illegal drug trade.

2. Decriminalize ALL drug use, of any kind. Enact stronger laws against unscrupulous doctors and drug manufacturers, not laws against the people who take them. Fund FREE rehabilitation centers throughout the United States, making these centers safe, secure, free, beautiful places where one would want to go and stay to get help with their addiction.

3. Fund the research and development of drugs that help the chronically ill, however they need to be helped, but regulate how doctors prescribe the medication. Once prescribed, the financial transaction is followed, because the government pays for all prescribed medications with THumP®’s single-payer health insurance plan. Because all financial transactions are transparent and subject to government oversight, no person can sell their prescribed medication to another without realizing that their financial transaction is recorded and monitored.

4. Regulate the medical fields with pragmatic and humane laws that protect the people. Doctors will no longer be allowed free reign to prescribe the medications to people who don’t need the medication.

5. Give all people the Basic Necessities of Life, FREE of charge. Most of the misery experienced by people comes from the job that they FORCED to do out of necessity. Providing people with the freedom of choice to pursue individual happiness as they perceive happiness, will greatly reduce the hopelessness and emotional strain modern slavery causes human beings. Drug use is dependent on the user’s emotional health.

The Humanity Party® has the solutions.

www.humanityparty.com
>>
>>163557
This
>>
>>163559
>Decriminalize ALL drug use, of any kind
had me til i got here. full retard.
>>
>>163555
>THE LEGALIZATION OF MARIJUANA

Stopped reading right there.
>>
>>163557
Pretty much this. Opiods are used as a temp pain med. but it's very addiction has soo many problems. weed has most of the benefits of pain relief without the problems of addiction
>>
>>163555
>t. Retard who's never even broken a bone
Dumb opinions like this are detrimental to the marijuana legalisation cause
>>
what america needs to know is that drugs! stops the development of juvenal brains
>>
>>163559
>eliminate all cash transactions
What is bitcoin and the deep net drug market

The rest seems okay, except for regulating what doctors can prescribe. Politicians are not doctors, and furthermore are just as subject to big pharma bucks as the doctors themselves.

>>163632
I could buy enough heroin to kill myself when i was twelve with five bucks. I started smoking weed when I was thirteen. I couldn't get alcohol till I was eighteen, and had older friends. Legalization and regulation helps. I know it would have helped keep drugs out of my hands and the hands of my young friends. Huge amounts of taxpayer dollars and human lives are spent enforcing these failed policies, and for what? You can have any illegal substance you desire shipped to your home, which is the main way large quantities of drugs are moved through the country. Making these drugs illegal does literally nothing beneficial for the American public.

In addition, legalization keeps money out of the hands of the cartel and the gangs which rely on its trade for their lifeblood. Drugs being illegal merely creates an extremely profitable black market, and allows these cartels to absolutely shit on most of central and South America. If you think drugs should remain illegal, it's you who is retarded, anon.
>>
>>163556

>their legal use for actual chronic pain disorders.

Not the best option for treating chronic pain, they are best taken for acute severe pain instead. Long term use harms patients in many ways. I agree with you about the illegal use and abuse causing many deaths, but legal long-term opioid therapy is like being hung instead of being shot. Either way, you're gonna die.
>>
>>163645
The very definition of ignorance, ladies and gentlemen
>>
//Duterte// had a pretty good, conservative solution to the drug war. I think we could learn a lot from him. Maybe even air live executions and torture of druggies for everyone else to see.

>>163921
Degenerate pothead detected.
>>
>>163951
So, do you work for a cartel or a gang?
>>
>>164022
The cartels don't usually employ edgy thirteen year olds, I'd imagine...
>>
>>163559
Fuck you, I like my cash and I like my freedom
>>
>CNN
Please tell me why I should waste my bandwidth loading their article.
>>
>>163559
>not eliminating the cancer that is the Fed
>muh cash is evil XD
You have to go back.
>>
>>163632
look at it like this. even the most diehard liberal won't campaign to ban guns because someone used one to commit suicide. the legalization of all drugs is the same. let somebody get their hands on that shit and kill themselves with it. a thief is a thief it doesn't matter why he's stealing, if he's trying to get drugs then so what. an otherwise honest man will steal if he's hungry enough.

fuck em all and let the gravediggers sort them out
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.