[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Increase in Girls Trying to Escape Child Marriage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1500014195593.jpg (363KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500014195593.jpg
363KB, 1280x720px
Reports indicate that The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC) now provides three times more counseling sessions than they did five years ago. Some of the victims are as young as 13 and they are frequently threatened with violence and emotional blackmail, pressuring them to marry older men they may have never met.

http://www.trunews.com/article/increase-in-girls-trying-to-escape-child-marriage

Breitbart News reports that Childline, the 24-hour counseling hotline for children provided by the NSPCC, has experienced more children than ever are calling with fears over forced marriage. The charity said it delivered 12 per cent more counseling sessions in 2016/17 than in 2015/16. Forced marriage can carry a prison sentence of up to seven years in the UK, but as of December 31, 2016, figures suggest there has been just one conviction in Britain. According to Childline some families use the long school summer holidays to pull children out of Britain and marry them off abroad to strangers.

The full scale of the abuse may be unknown, however, as some girls do not speak out because they are “worried about family honor and being isolated by their communities” and fear their “relatives would be punished if they sought help”. One 18-year-old girl who contacted Childline said:

>“My parents are talking about taking me back to my home country to get married, but I don’t want to. They get violent when I don’t do what they want.

>“I want to leave home but they’d never agree to it. I just want to live a normal teenage life, but they won’t let me.”

Childline founder and president Dame Esther Rantzen added:

>“Young people can feel helpless because sometimes those near to them aren’t interested in their happiness or welfare.

>“It’s desperately important that those are frightened or feel that they have no one to turn to get in touch with Childline.”
>>
>>163014
So we're calling child rape and abuse marriage now
>>
>>163016
Child marriage is a legal concept. It's important to distinguish it from regular child abuse and rape, because the fact that the child is married means that it's more difficult, legally speaking, to prove wrongdoing on part of the child abuser. It is a way for child abusers to get away with that sort of behavior. That's why it's important to distinguish it, because it comes with its own legal conundrums and is not as clear cut or simple as it might appear to you. Your statement is pretty devoid of anything meaningful, actually. It's not as simple as you make it out to be.
>>
>>163014

>One 18-year-old girl who contacted Childline said: “My parents are talking about taking me back to my home country to get married"

modern Britain everybody, the fact that there are 'citizens' here who have a home country that isn't the UK is fucking disgusting
>>
>>163014
Wow! I like, can't even right now. These disgusting islamophobic women disrespecting this wonderful and superior cultue like that. We must bring more of these colorful people into our society so these racist women can get enriched!
>>
But it's okay because Islam is a religion of peace.
>>
>>163023

Fuck off Muhammad
>>
>>163024
If justice does interfere you finally has something good that came with immigration.
>>
>Trunews
With a name like that it can't possible be fake
>>
>>163014
Those shitstains have to go back.
>>
>>163014
Jesus fuck, this is wrong.
The increase reporting has happened because of a functional change in forced reporting. Teachers, doctors etc. have to report suspicion of abuse and then an investigator has full power to enter the home and remove the child, and then go to court to get approval to keep the child.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.