[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Debbie Schultz and Awan Brothers: Its Bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

File: GettyImages-505439794.jpg (135KB, 915x610px) Image search: [Google]
GettyImages-505439794.jpg
135KB, 915x610px
The case of Imran Awan, Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s mysterious Pakistani IT guy, is not about bank fraud.

Yet bank fraud was the stated charge on which Awan was arrested at Dulles Airport this week, just as he was trying to flee the United States for Pakistan, via Qatar. That is the same route taken by Awan’s wife, Hina Alvi, in March, when she suddenly fled the country, with three young daughters she yanked out of school, mega-luggage, and $12,400 in cash.

By then, the proceeds of the fraudulent $165,000 loan they’d gotten from the Congressional Federal Credit Union had been sent ahead. It was part of a $283,000 transfer that Awan managed to wire from Capitol Hill. He pulled it off — hilariously, if infuriatingly — by pretending to be his wife in a phone call with the credit union. Told that his proffered reason for the transfer (“funeral arrangements”) wouldn’t fly, “Mrs.” Awan promptly repurposed: Now “she” was “buying property.” Asking no more questions, the credit union wired the money . . . to Pakistan.

As you let all that sink in, consider this: Awan and his family cabal of fraudsters had access for years to the e-mails and other electronic files of members of the House’s Intelligence and Foreign Affairs Committees. It turns out they were accessing members’ computers without their knowledge, transferring files to remote servers, and stealing computer equipment — including hard drives that Awan & Co. smashed to bits of bytes before making tracks.

They were fired in February. All except Awan, that is. He continued in the employ of Wasserman Schultz, the Florida Democrat, former DNC chairwoman, and Clinton crony. She kept him in place at the United States Congress right up until he was nabbed at the airport on Monday. (cont.)

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/449983/debbie-wasserman-schultz-pakistani-computer-guys-bank-fraud
>>
And so castles made of sand slips into the sea, eventually.
>>
>>162414
God help us
>>
so what is it about

they sold data on congressmen?
>>
>>162418
What do you think?
>>
>>162418
A Pakistani espionage ring had infiltrated all of congress IT infrastructure for 10 years and dems knew it, allowed it, payed them for it, helped them and covered it up. This spy ring had full access to the highest classified files, sold this data and were blackmailing members of congress.
This is like 100 watergates per day for 10 years. But it's OK. Because the (((democrats))) did it and not the republicans.
>>
>>162418
Awan litterally had dozens of server parts, hard drives, and gov laptops just stashed away in a home he was renting out as well
>>
>it's a people make massive conclusions about others they don't like based on pure circumstantial evidence and secondhand news reports episode
>>
HANG THEM ALL. HANG THE DEMOCRATS
>>
>>162436
Did you have to use all your brain cells to write that comment, or just most of them?
>>
>>162440
Only 1 or 2
>>
>>162414
Stefbot breaks it down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKzzyOsvajc
>>
>>162461
Nice breakdown
>>
>National Review is an American semi-monthly right-wing magazine

Literally fake news. This board isn't supposed to be a de facto blue /pol/. Fuck off.
>>
>>162415
I'm a huge Bob Dylan fan too.
>>
>>162575
It's not fake, it's on dozens of other news networks. Take your pick.
>>
>>162575
The national review is right wing but it's not on the level of trumpshills like breitbart, or the dailycaller. They actually just posted a scathing piece on trump, and company called, "death of a fucking salesman".
>>
>>162575
>This article is by a right wing outlet so it's fake

Cognitive dissonance, beware
>>
>>162575
Jesus fuck, I hate Trump and the alt-right as much as anyone, but the National-Review is still a credible source. Not every news source that reflects poorly on your party is fake and the fact that this sort of attitude has permeated both sides of the political spectrum is what's wrong with this country.
>>
>>162675
>>162675
authorial intent aside, i don't think the implication that the awan brothers were doing the leaking is honest

because they stole electronics and put themselves on folks' payroll doesn't make them suspect of leaking data as well, even if we know someone leaked data. They weren't the only ones working IT for the administration.

it's conceivable they were recruited to leak data, but no evidence they were the ones to do that, or that whatever was on the private server somehow ended up in the hands of wikileaks.

also, the DNC isn't the government, they were not in the employ of the DNC so there's no reason to believe they could have been the ones to access those emails.
>>
>>162682
>Had hardrives and gov laptops in their house
>Caught sending data to Pakistan networks

>Literally employees of the DNC staffer head and members of Congress

Yeah they literally did just that, did you read the article?
>>
>>162685
>Caught sending data to Pakistan networks
they wired money to pakistan, that's different from stealing emails.

Being employees of a DNC staffer doesn't mean they had any security clearances within the DNC.

It's not an unusual coincidence that people they worked for in congress or in the administration were also members of the DNC.

The only criminal complaint against Mr. Awan is that he lied on an application for a bank loan and then wired the money to pakistan.
>>
>>162686
Imran was firsthiredin 2004 by former DNC Rep Robert Wexler(FL) as an “information technology director”, before he began working in Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s office in 2005.

The family was paid extremely well, with Imran Awan being paid nearly $2 million working as an IT support staffer for House Democrats since 2004.

Abid Awan and his wife, Hina Alvi, were each paid more than$1 million working for House Democrats. In total, since 2003, the family has collected nearly$5 million

(Pay attention) The staffer’s services were so important to congressional members, that on March 22, 2016, eight democrat members of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence issued aletter requesting that their staffers be granted access to Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI). Of those that signed the letter were representatives Jackie Speier (CA) and Andre Carson (IN), the secondMuslim in Congress, both of whom employed the Awan brothers.

The brothers were also hired by members of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, such as: Jackie Speier (D-CA), Andre Carson (D-IN), Joaquín Castro (D-TX), Lois Frankel (D-FL), Robin Kelly (D-IL), and Ted Lieu (D-CA).

Imran Awan had access to Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s iPadpassword, meaning that the brothers also had direct access to the notorious DNC emails, as well as some emails from members of the GOP.

The brothers have been charged with the removal and the of hundreds of thousands of dollars of equipment from congressional offices, including computers and servers, while also running a procurement scheme in which they bought equipment, then overcharged the House administrative office that assigns such contractors to members.

Debbie also contacted the DC Capitol Police, demanding Imran's laptop be returned or they would "face the consequences". They were holding it as evidence.
>>
>>162414
And havent heard a peep from CNN (though that could be since I live in Aus) as of yet this seams to be a really damn important and scary thing, at the very least he seams to have been tampering with private/classfied emails and data, looks like a spy to me, did he leak the DNC emails (dunno) but he sure as hell gave some people information. More to the point this could very well be the thing that gets Hillary/DNC arrested/removed from relevance, that is if he is willing to give out info in a plea bargain.
>>
>>162695
>Imran Awan had access to Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s iPadpassword, meaning that the brothers also had direct access to the notorious DNC emails, as well as some emails from members of the GOP.

So this is what I was able to find to substantiate the theft of equipment:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/johnstanton/feds-arrest-five-congressional-it-contractors-at-the-capitol?utm_term=.rvRoPKZpw#.ntOvLBnGm
>Five people who had access to the House of Representatives' entire computer network are under investigation Thursday evening following a months-long investigation by federal law enforcement officials, according to a lawmaker briefed on the raid.
>Although the lawmaker said House officials had told staff from affected offices that contractors had been arrested, late Thursday night US Capitol Police spokesperson Eva Malecki told BuzzFeed News that no arrests had been made, but that USCP was investigating members of the House IT support staff.

For sending data to an off-site private server and destroyed drives:
http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/23/exclusive-fbi-seized-smashed-hard-drives-from-wasserman-schultz-it-aides-home/?utm_source=site-share
>Fellow IT staffers TheDCNF interviewed said the Awans were often absent from weekly meetings and email exchanges. One of the fellow staffers said some of the computers the Awans managed were being used to transfer data to an off-site server.
>...
>One of the new tenants (Imran rented his former home to) — a Marine Corps veteran married to a female Navy Officer — said he found “wireless routers, hard drives that look like they tried to destroy, laptops, [and] a lot of brand new expensive toner.”

>Literally employees of the DNC staffer head and members of Congress

Even if he had access to her emails, he didn't have access to all the emails that were leaked.
>>
The fact that they were IT people and that IT people have access to...information... is made to sound incriminating, but that they have other charges against them isn't enough to substantiate anything with respect to the DNC leaks. None of this is. Forgive me for suspicion of these right wing outlets but this story seems to be following a familiar arc. And that's if we don't take into consideration at all the consensus of our intelligence agencies with regard to the "notorious DNC leaks".
>>
>>162702
>And havent heard a peep from CNN
did you try a simple google search?
http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2017/07/27/lead-foreman-democratic-staffer-arrest-jake-tapper.cnn
>>
>>162705
>http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/23/exclusive-fbi-seized-smashed-hard-drives-from-wasserman-schultz-it-aides-home/?utm_source=site-share

keeping in mind dailycaller, whose sources include "One of the fellow IT staffers" and the Marine in Imran's former home, is the same publication that produces this stuff:

http://dailycaller.com/2016/05/26/obamas-fancy-new-mansion-is-located-1000-feet-from-the-islamic-center-of-washington-dc/?utm_campaign=atdailycaller&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social
>The mammoth, multi-million-dollar mansion where President Barack Obama and his family will reportedly live after the first family exits the White House is located 1,096 feet from the Islamic Center of Washington — one of the largest mosques in the Western Hemisphere.

They were all over the Seth Rich conspiracy theory too. News is more than just providing factual information, it's also providing full context. Let's be honest, they're a red meat factory before they're a news outlet.
>>
>>162706
One issue I've never seen addressed(maybe I missed it) is the fact that no government agency has examined the DNC servers where the hacking at least partly took place. I can understand why the DNC wouldn't want a potentially hostile government agency snooping around in their business but wouldn't that seriously impede the investigation?
>>
>>162715
i've heard of that but don't know much about it.
>>
>>162712
>Takes issue with the daily caller
>Not with BuzzFeed

Is that where we're at now?
>>
>>162706
He's being held on bank fraud. The feds are already prepping a full case with dozens of additional charges.

You don't need to defend him fwi
>>
>>162718
She's toast mate

https://youtu.be/cJ3Hl5Jmbng
>>
>>162414
LMfao Amerifats are so deluded they allowed themself to include dual citizens to become servants. A terrible banana republic at worst too.

>>162575
you must be new here #clearly
>>
>>162706
In the early 2000s, before the Patriot Act or similar, my husband could not qualify for certain intelligence-related military careers ---- because I was a Nigerian national... Given the fact that second or third generation Americans have spied for their ethnic homeland before (including Nigerians), I wasn't surprised or up set.

How the Amerifats do Pakistani nationals get handed golden-key access like this?
>>
>>162863
>Servants
>Paid 5 million over 10 years
>>
>>162433
(((pure circumstance)))
>>
>>162461
I'm not into cults
>>
>>162433
>Second hand news reports
I love skeptical shill word salad
>>
>>162628
>News organization isn't real if they don't agree with me enough
>>
>>162686
You're so full of shit
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.