[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

parents furious after Trump attacks press, democrats, and ACA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 1

File: durf.png (125KB, 1054x1086px) Image search: [Google]
durf.png
125KB, 1054x1086px
Ted Genoways was an Eagle Scout. So was his father. And his son is likely to become one next summer. So when he blasted Donald Trump in a Tweetstorm after the president's speech at the annual National Scout Jamboree, it caught people's attention.

For the past 80 years, presidents have stayed away from politics in their talks to the tens of thousands of Scouts and their families that gather at the event, instead discussing topics like good citizenship and helping others. Trump broke away from that, hitting his favorite bullet points of fake news, Hillary Clinton, and Barack Obama's legacy.

Genoways did not appreciate the overtly political address:

The author of This Blessed Earth: A Year in the Life of an American Family, says Trump turned the talk into a stump speech for no reason, saying, "He made the national gathering of Boy Scouts about himself only [because] he makes everything [about] himself."

While Genoways admits to having a "conflicted" relationship with the Scouts, he accuses the president of making "a mockery" of the ideals they stand for—and he urged the Boy Scouts to disavow the statements.

Genoways might have a deeper scout pedigree than some others, but he was hardly the only Scout parent who was upset at the speech. Twitter was flooded with comments from parents who had plenty to add.

In a statement about the Jamboree speech, the Boy Scouts didn't directly address Trump's topics, instead noting that the organization is "wholly non-partisan and does not promote any one position, product, service, political candidate or philosophy. The invitation for the sitting U.S. President to visit the National Jamboree is a long-standing tradition and is in no way an endorsement of any political party or specific policies."

http://www.fortune.com/2017/07/25/trump-boy-scout-jamboree-reaction/
>>
(((parents)))
Meanwhile the real parents that were there all loved it.
>>
>>161119
our president rides the short bus
>>
>>161119
Turning a kid's event into a blatant stump speech(negative one at that) is a pretty shameful thing to do imo, but I suppose only the (((washington media establishment))) cares about decorum anymore.
>>
>>161122
Forbes?
>>
>>161122
>Forcing pro trans and pro islam agenda on young scouts and accusing them of being the hitler youth is fine. Perfectly ok for the democrats to do.
>But Trump holding a motivational pro America speech is dangerous and must be stopped.
You fucking Commies deserve everything that's coming for you.
>>
>>161125
Don't put words in my mouth.
>>
>>161126
Yeah you like dicks more than words don't you.
>>
>>161127
Not a fan of dicks, I just think its possible to hold more than one convenient political opinion at a time.
>>
>>161125
It was an anti America speech.
He attacked our press and the law that keeps tens of thousands of American citizens from dying of preventable causes every year and gives the families of boyscouts the option to keep them covered under health insurance until they're 26.
As horrible as terrorism is, Trump is much worse for those reasons and his number one enemy is true Americans.
>>
>>161132
>It was an anti America speech. He attacked our press
That is exactly what made it such a strong pro American speech.
The press is acting like a fifth column trying to overthrow the elected government because their globalist masters don't like the election result.
For the president to openly call them out over and over again is very inspiring. It let's us know he hasn't been subverted by them yet.

The only thing that worries me is if the press started to suddenly report positively on Trump.
>>
>>161133
>The press is acting like a fifth column trying to overthrow the elected government
I think Trump's doing a pretty good job of making everyone suspicious of him with egregious ethics violations and money laundering for Russians. Also he's childish. I think Trump supporters are just upset because they'll never get a free pass for Trump.
>>
>>161136
poster
don't get me wrong, cable news is shit but nobody besides old people watches it anyway so I don't think a coup is in the realm of possibility for them
>>
>>161132
god, you're such a colossal faggot, I'm surprised you could put that bag of dicks down long enough to type out all that horseshit.
>>
>>161136
You will never get it.
As long as people like you and the MSM attack Trump we know he is doing the right thing. As soon as you utter one positive thing about Trump that's when I'm off the train. Because at that point I know he has been compromised.

> I think Trump supporters are just upset because they'll never get a free pass for Trump.
Who is upset? They are having the best 6 months of our lives.
>>
>>161136
>Also he's childish.
put the dicks down, anon. put. them. down.
>>
>>161143 #
>As long as people like you and the MSM attack Trump we know he is doing the right thing.
Well then I can't convince you.

As far as a positive thing, he doesn't leave much to work with. I liked his administration's recent crackdown on doctors defrauding Medicaid and over prescribing opioids. I hope it's part of a sustained effort though. I also liked that he opined for looking for a better pathway to universal healthcare for Americans. Not sure why he changed his mind. Speaking candidly about Islam is refreshing. Although I wish he'd hold the Saudi's feet to the fire.
>>
>>161149
>Although I wish he'd hold the Saudi's feet to the fire.
He is doing something way better. Instead of taking care of the islam problem with american lives, Trump will start an all out war between Saudi Arabia and Iran. Thus the problem will solve itself. But first he has to make sure both have nuclear weapons.
>>
>>161149
I'll add another thing that isn't exactly an accomplishment, maybe a skill.
He's clearly got some unique talent to have become president. Typically folks who are smart in one area tend to also be competent in other intellectual tasks. He's kind of an anomaly because so much of what he does looks like complete chaos but then he still became president, so it can't all be coincidence. There were plenty of rich folks in the running, so it can't all be chalked up to wealth. He's apparently intelligent along one unique vector in that he's managed to persuade enough of people and just the right people to get what he wants. So that's something.
>>
>>161153
He doesn't do anything himself. He just motivates people. He has more spiritual and temporal power than the rest of humanity combined. What do I mean?
http://archive.is/actl4
Look at this little old lady. Fighting like hell for Trump. Not because he made her do it. But because she believes that he needs her.
If you do that for enough people you can take over anything.
>>
>>161160
And this is why the more you attack Trump the stronger he gets.
>>
>>161162
As opposed to doing nothing while he kicks the chair out from under you? If speaking the unsavoury truth about Trump convinces just one person to oppose his selfish policies, then it's worth it. And the ranks of 'true believers' are diminishing every single day, especially the people who're losing their jobs despite his promises.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-19/carrier-begins-job-cuts-at-indiana-factory-championed-by-trump
>>
>>161118
>Trump will be decent president.
Get over it.

>Trump is terrible role model.
Really?? A businessman/politician???
>>
>>161171
You guys have been in all out attack mode for 2 years now. And it has elevated Trump from single digit primary polls all the way to the most powerful man on earth.
But keep going. I'm sure this tactic will start working for you any day now.
>>
>>161173
Attacking trump on policy, like they are now with the AHCA, is what they should have been doing for the last two years.
>>
>>161136

Do you actually believe this shit, nigger, or are you a paid shill?
>>
>>161174

People actually agree with his policies, you stupid fucking jew.
>>
>>161182

You're talking to an actual shill

These people are paid to post this shit on hundreds of forums.

They are also the same ones who spam non stop cuck and interracial posting

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mere-exposure_effect

You cannot debate with them. Notice how that cuck's only argument is how much of a meany pants Trump is and how he exaggerates all his arguments.
>>
>>161118
The BSA is a conservative organization, and has been for a long time.

Obama knew this, that's why he blew off our 100th year anniversary jamboree to go on The View.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAWsy7VV8oE
>>
>>161132
A free and open press is vial to democracy, which we don't have in America right now. We have MSM acting as a mouth piece for the democratic party and acting as attack dogs against alternative form of media to save their own asses.
I am betting you don't get your panties in this tight of a twist when the MSM attacks breitbart or project veritas. Keep this in mind kido, it was the MSM who started the 'fake news' story as a way to shut down their competition.
There is some anti-american propaganda floating around, and it aint from Trump.
>>
>>161192
>egregious ethics violations and money laundering for Russians. Also he's childish. I think Trump supporters are just upset because they'll never get a free pass for Trump.

no, this stuff is well established.

also a bad habit of his folks lying under oath. which i was under the impression was a crime, which isn't absolved by a recusal, but, i guess, we'll just sweep that bit under the rug.
>>
>>161233
didn't Obama go in 2010?
>>
>>161281
He didn't physically make an appearance; it was a prerecorded speech. Hence the booing.
>>
>>161281
2010 was the 100th anniversary of the BSA, Obama decided to go on a show that runs all the time. We were told before Obama was even elected that the president would attend, shake hands, and give a speech in person, but Obama was just too good for that.

The rest of the presentation was epic though, had howitzers shooting off, the Army driving Strykers everywhere, neat military equipment, fireworks, stage effects....

>>161282
It wasn't even two minutes long. Don't know about everyone in that crowd but my whole troop felt screwed over.
>>
>>161118
>Ted Genoways was an Eagle Scout. So was his father
IS an Eagle Scout. Not was. Once you earn the Eagle rank you are an Eagle Scout for life. You don't say "I was an Eagle Scout, you say "I am an Eagle Scout."

I just wanted to clarify that.
>>
>>161279
>>>161192
>>egregious ethics violations and money laundering for Russians. Also he's childish. I think Trump supporters are just upset because they'll never get a free pass for Trump.
>no, this stuff is well established.
>also a bad habit of his folks lying under oath. which i was under the impression was a crime, which isn't absolved by a recusal, but, i guess, we'll just sweep that bit under the rug.
Oh the irony is great in this post..does your understanding of history go further back than November 2016?
>>
>>161292
>Egregious ethics violations and money laundering for Russians

We're talking about Hillary now?
>>
>>161294
Man, remember when the Democrats were making fun of Romney for suggesting the Russians were a threat?

They're only riding the Russia train because they can't comprehend that so many people would dare to disagree with their enlightened and superior political pretentiousness.
>>
>>161294
Shouldn't we be? Shouldn't we be talking about the lies to Congress under Obama as well? Seems like all that history has been forgotten.
>>
>>161121
Most of the country does, making it the long bus, reinforcing their beliefs that they aren't ignorant.
>>
>>161302
Unlike you who is so super enlighten about things cause of google n' stuff. Your self assured mental superiority speaks more about your nature than the ones you are talking about.
>>
>>161118
And those parents are niggers and faggots.
>>
The BSA don't give a fuck.
When I got my eagle, it was increasing being overrun by Mormon corporation. Since then they've sold Camp Strait and El Rancho Cima. I don't want to be one of those guys, but they paved over my childhood. When I was a staffer at crockrell river camp, they would sometimes not even pay us. I enjoyed scouts as a kid, I've been in it from Tiger Cub to eagle, but in Texas it's run by soulless conservatives. Of course they would support trump.
>>
>>161285
>tfw I was an expo occuring at the same time and Mike Rowe showed up to talk after Obama left that video message
>>
>>161118
why cry over a group of kids? just because the adults didn't like what they hear? the kids seems to like it.
>>
>>161133
Overthrowing the government is what America was founded on. How can that be anti-American? Fucking redcoat.
>>
>>161257
>A free and open press is vial to democracy, which we don't have in America right now.

So you're saying the "MSM" is controlled by the government?

>Keep this in mind kido, it was the MSM who started the 'fake news' story as a way to shut down their competition.

Their competition being fake news. What's your point?
>>
>>161118
Bwah-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaa!!! Desperate to redirect and coverup the fact that the scouts chanted how much they loved Trump. Talk about a politically bias article by the desperate.
>>
>>161125
>trump talks shit about everyone he disagrees with
>motivational pro america speech
The guy was just repeating himself over and over, it was boring and embarassing when you realise hes talking to teenagers who barely have a grasp of the obama administration. But biased morons like you will never be able to have a nuanced political opinion.
>>
>>161183
http://www.gallup.com/poll/201617/gallup-daily-trump-job-approval.aspx

Do they now
>>
>>162124
[citation needed]
>>
>>161118
OMGawd 4 count them 4 parents are outraged. This is defiantly a trend that the Boy Scouts of America must pay attention too! There might even be dozens of them, DOZENS!
>>
What is Hitler youth?
>>
>>162699
No shit. I grew up with the Scouts in California. Even here it's a primarily conservative organization.

>>163224
1965 called, they want their meme back.
>>
>>161122
People there agreed with him as do a majority of Americans.
>>
>>161132
Talk about bait.

The ACA is the worst healthcare law ever passed in this country and it's spinning out of control and I can't wait for it to crash.

The liberal press is the enemy in this country.

The thing is you're in the minority and you know it and that is what upsets you so much.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.