[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Winner of national makeup contest disqualified for supporting Trump

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: serveimage.jpg (24KB, 500x337px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
24KB, 500x337px
>https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2017/07/24/Winner-of-national-makeup-contest-disqualified-for-supporting-Trump-she-says/2091500874954/

July 24 (UPI) -- The winner of a make-up artist contest said she was disqualified after the contest promoter found out she is a supporter of President Donald Trump.

Gypsy Freeman, who lives in Kansas and Florida, was declared the winner of a contest sponsored by makeup line Kat Von D Beauty, in which contestants had to post photos of a model in a "Saint + Sinner" theme as a promotion for the company's new line of make-up, according to screenshots.

But then Von D fans discovered a pro-Trump post on Freeman's Instagram page from Election Day in 2016 and immediately alerted the well-known tattoo artist and former reality TV star.

Von D then direct-messaged Freeman to say that she had to "drawn a personal line in the sand between myself and anyone who supports that man," according to screenshots of the conversation.

"My launch party (and my brand) celebrates many things that Trump is against," Von D continued, according to the screenshots. "And I just need you to know that I personally have a hard time with inviting anyone who would support such an anti-feminist, anti-homosexual/LGBT, anti-immigrant, and anti-climate change fascist such as Trump."
>>
According to screenshots published by the Wichita Eagle, Freeman wrote back: "I won't be upset with you if you can't have us there for these reasons, and I wish you the best. We would love to be there, of course, but I sincerely do understand if you decide to replace us with someone who supports the candidate you support."

But Von D said supporting failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton wasn't the main issue.

"It's not about inviting people based on their political stance - it's just extremely difficult (borderline impossible) for me to be friends with or associate with anyone who would support a man who goes against everything I stand for," she replied, according to screenshots. "I would feel the same way towards people who supported Hitler, or any other fascist."

All mention of the contest was then taken down from the Kat Von D Instagram page.

Freeman said she understood Von D's decision and respected her right to handle her contest the way she wants.

"Part of the great thing about this country is having freedom of speech," she said.

But she told the Tampa Bay Times that she has an issue with being disqualified from a contest because of who she voted for. She also said that she has been a target of insults from people online because she voted for Trump.

"It's definitely bigotry -- it's everything that they're calling us, they're doing," Freeman said. "It's a huge case of hypocrisy."
>>
>>160540
>It's not about inviting people based on their political stance
>it's just about exactly that
>>
Gypsy Freeman sounds like the most fake name I have heard in a while. Sucks what happened to her though.
>>
>>160537
Since when has Trump ever been anti women or LGBT? The pussy comment?
>>
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/13/us/politics/planned-parenthood-trump.html

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/04/politics/lgbt-religious-liberty-executive-order/index.html
>The order, signed during a ceremony in the White House Rose Garden, directs the Internal Revenue Service to exercise "maximum enforcement discretion" over the so-called Johnson amendment, which prevents churches and other tax-exempt religious organizations from endorsing or opposing political candidates. The order also provides "regulatory relief" for organizations that object on religious grounds to a provision in Obamacare that mandates employers provide certain health services, including coverage for contraception.
>>
>>160553
Never, leftists literally do not give a fuck about facts or what someone who opposes them has actually done. You should not expect them to, any more than you would expect a wall to let you pass through it because you said "open sesame".
>>
>>160553
Duh, he is a cishet white male. Literally Hitler.
>>
>"It's a huge case of hypocrisy."
Preaching to the choir, also fits nicely with the other thread here about leftists being less tolerant than the right.
>>
>>160592
This is why up until the so called modern age, we burned them at the stake.
>>
>>160618
>Dude lefties are so irrational.
>We should fucking burn them for thinking something I don't like or agree with.

Pack your shit, grow a beard, and get the fuck out of my country. Go join ISIS in the desert, if you're so tired of the "so called modern age." They'll welcome you with open arms. Worthless spoiled fucking nigger.
>>
>>160553
anti woman never, Hillary was anti-male and wanted women to get special privileges so since Trump wasn't on board with that he got labeled anti-woman. Hillary even attacked Trump because Trump said women should get equal pay IF they do equal work. Whereas Hillary and feminists want equal pay without equal work.

>LGBT
Trump himself wasn't but Pence is very very anti-LGBT, so naming him as VP could be seen as anti-LGBT, and people who voted for Trump voted for Pence as VP too
>>
>>160571
>https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/13/us/politics/planned-parenthood-trump.html

Since around %51 percent of women disagree with abortion his law isn't 'anti-women', unless you believe women are a monolith a have to agree with you to be a woman.
>>
>>160553
Trump has proclaimed himself a champion of LGBT.

He also refused to allow the White House to recognize LGBT Pride Month (which is usually the kind of thing a spokesman mentions in one brief release at the start and end of the month), and has removed LGBT options from the Census. He also removed federal guidelines for treatment of transgender students, and nondiscrimination guidelines for hiring federal contractors. Plus, you know, Mike Pence.

Whether or not you agree with Trump on LGBT (or on any of the specific issues), he's made it clear where he stands. It's foolish to pretend otherwise, like he's actually just some hero for gay rights that is being constantly misunderstood. People need to have the decency to credit him with his own actions.
>>
>>160745
To be fair, removing federal guidelines for transgenders is just a move to make it a state-level issue.
>>
>>160537

This seems to be uniquely illegal in California. Anyone know if it applies to Kat Von D., who likely lives in L.A.?

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?lawCode=LAB&sectionNum=1101

>
No employer shall make, adopt, or enforce any rule, regulation, or policy:
>(a) Forbidding or preventing employees from engaging or participating in politics or from becoming candidates for public office.
>(b) Controlling or directing, or tending to control or direct the political activities or affiliations of employees.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?lawCode=LAB&sectionNum=1102

>No employer shall coerce or influence or attempt to coerce or influence his employees through or by means of threat of discharge or loss of employment to adopt or follow or refrain from adopting or following any particular course or line of political action or political activity.
>>
>>160765
Here's the thing though, was the contest for a chance at employment or was it just a recognition thing?
>>
>>160765
Looks like it is! Someone who has Twitter should contact the model and make her aware of her rights.

http://www.katvondbeauty.com/terms-of-use.html

>The Site and Interactive Services are created, controlled and operated by Kendo Holdings Inc. in the State of California, U.S.A. As such, the laws of the State of California will govern these Terms of Use, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws. In the event that the laws of the jurisdiction in which you reside require that the laws of such jurisdiction apply to these Terms of Use, the foregoing governing law provision shall not apply to you. We reserve the right to make changes to our Site and these Terms of Use at any time.

>OUR ADDRESS
>Kendo Holdings Inc.
>525 Market Street, 32nd Floor
>San Francisco, CA 94105

>... Any claim or dispute between you and Us that arises in whole or in part from the Site or the Interactive Services shall be decided exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction located in San Francisco County, California.
As a side note, according to her ABOUT page, it looks like Kat Von D. is a Mexican immigrant herself:
>If you had asked me when I was a child, running around barefoot in Mexico with dirt under my fingernails and frogs in my pockets, if I could have foreseen this wild makeup adventure becoming a reality, I probably would have laughed in your face in disbelief!
>>
>>160537
This is why so many people are against the voter fraud org making voting info public. Millions of people terrified of being rightly shunned when others find out they voted for Clinton or Trump.

This is a good pr move for her though. Win a contest and then be seen as a victim will meet her a job somewhere for sure. Whoever hires her can even spin it as supporting free speech, etc.
>>
>>160806
>This is why so many people are against the voter fraud org making voting info public. Millions of people terrified of being rightly shunned when others find out they voted for Clinton or Trump.

If I'm not mistaken, the voter data doesn't reveal who you voted for - that information isn't even tied to your identity. The voter data is simply the state's voter registration data - names, etc. Stuff your state already has.
>>
>>160813
It also includes weather you voted Republican or Democrat or rather if your sign up for automatic voting for one or another.
>>
>>160745
Honestly we don't need pride or history months. I'm tired of them. Everyone is equal. Time to act like it.
>>
>>160822
im pretty sure it doesn't, considering most voting is anonymous. it could potentially reveal party affiliations, but not who you voted for or what party you voted for
>>
>>160765
>No employer shall coerce or influence or attempt to coerce or influence his employees . . .

She wasn't an employee though, just a contestant.
>>
>>160745
Now when does he kill of gay marriage or any anti discrimination laws based on sexual identity.

These people are going to hate Trump no matter what he does, so he might as well pander to the Republican base.
>>
>>160968
Trump's not conservative though. Aside from a few key issues he aligns far more to the left then people seem to believe. Remember he has changed affiliations between both parties several times and was even registered third party for a while.

http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2015/aug/24/jeb-bush/bush-says-trump-was-democrat-longer-republican-las/
>politifact
I know but bear with it since there is some good info in this one
>>
>>160537
>Be pro tolerance and shit
>Can't tolerate someone's political views

Kekd
>>
>>160748
It does make it a state-level issue, but when the move is removing a blanket guideline for states to follow the direct result is anti-LGBT, because it's saying, "I don't care if you even meet this bar the previous administration established." The guideline was being questioned at the Department of Justice about it's legal standing and the standing of Title IX, and rather than come down on the issue on one side or another Trump just ran away, leaving the situation is disarray.

It's passive removal of protection without the conviction to establish new guidelines.
>>
>>160537
Sue them!
>>
>>160976
Delete this
politifact is fake news get that shit out of here
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.