[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump launches all-out assault on Mueller probe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: robmueller.jpg (15KB, 446x299px) Image search: [Google]
robmueller.jpg
15KB, 446x299px
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/343164-trump-launches-all-out-assault-on-mueller-probe

>President Trump has launched an all-out assault on the federal investigation into his campaign’s ties to Russia, reflecting an intensifying obsession with the probe within the West Wing.

>As reports emerged this week that special counsel Robert Mueller has widened his investigation to include the president’s business transactions, Trump issued a public warning that such inquiries were a “violation” of the scope of the probe.

>In a bombshell interview with The New York Times published Wednesday night, he stopped short of saying that he would fire Mueller if he crossed that line “because I don’t think it’s going to happen.”

>But he threatened to expose “many other conflicts” that he believes make Mueller’s position at the head of the investigation unethical — a claim that comes on the heels of a round of Sunday show appearances by the president’s attorney, Jay Sekulow, suggesting that Mueller’s appointment to the post was illegitimate.

>Multiple outlets have also reported that Trump’s legal team is digging into Mueller’s team, looking for alleged conflicts of interest — and discussing the limits of the president’s authority to issue pardons.

>And on Thursday, the spokesman for Trump’s outside legal team, Mark Corallo, reportedly resigned — in part because of his discomfort with the president’s strategy of attacking Mueller’s integrity.

>Trump’s lawyers have denied that the White House is investigating Mueller’s team, but have not denied that they will object if they feel Mueller is straying outside of his mandate.

>The feud, so far, appears to be decidedly one-sided. Although a few tidbits have begun to trickle out about the parameters of the investigation, the leaks do not immediately appear to have originated from Mueller’s team.
>>
>The state of this fucking Administration
>>
I dont really know American law, but isn't trump entitled to not have every single sandwitch he ever bought checked?

Dont You have laws that apply to this?
>>
>>160106
yeah for any person, not even just the president, by law there is supposed to be substantial "probable cause" to warrant an investigation
his political establishment opposition does not have strong enough probable cause to justify the relatively zealous attempts at prosecution, warranting a countersuit from Trump for the obvious conflict of interest from the prosecutors
>>
>>160094
The only way a special counsel can be fired is if you provide evidence that he has conflicts of interest. Trump going around talking about how there are so many conflicts is a transparent attempt to set the stage for him to fire Mueller. I really hope he tries because I assume congress is just going to turn around and appoint him again if he does it and the probe will continue with almost everyone but the most brainwashed trumptards knowing he's guilty.
>>
>>160106
Once a special prosecutor is assigned, they have authority to look into pretty much everything the president has done. Remember Monica Lewinsky? Her blowing president Clinton was discovered during an investigation into his real estate dealings in Arkansas when he was governor there.
>>
>>160111
Probable cause was established when Trump asked the Russians, on air during a debate, to hack HRCs campaign. The guy is a sleazeball (don't try to deflect this with "so is shillary") and has no business being POTUS.
>>
>>160106

From my understanding, probable cause is the requirement to access documents such as tax returns.

However, unlike what >>160111 says, there is definitely probable cause to check the tax returns of Trump based simply from what is publicly known. If you look at the composition of the team Mueller has built, it is obvious that money laundering is a massive focus of the investigation. With the fact that Trump was obviously head of his campaign during the election--which was the organization that was under investigation since Comey--and that he has had financial connections to Russian banks and other oligarchs for over a decade, it is not a stretch to see probable cause in investigating these financial connections to see if there was anything sinister going on in regards to collusion with the Russian State.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.