[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump thinks health insurance costs Americans one dollar a month

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 1

File: trump-health-insurance.jpg (44KB, 873x491px) Image search: [Google]
trump-health-insurance.jpg
44KB, 873x491px
The New York Times on Thursday released a transcript of a Wednesday interview with Donald Trump. The president had just come from a lunch with 49 Republican senators, where he implored them to figure out a way to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act. Health care was a focal point of the Times interview, as well, and when reporter Maggie Haberman expressed to Trump how difficult it is to take away an entitlement, the president revealed just how little he understands the health care system.

"But what it does, Maggie, it means it gets tougher and tougher," replied Trump. "As they get something, it gets tougher. Because politically, you can’t give it away. So pre-existing conditions are a tough deal. Because you are basically saying from the moment the insurance, you’re 21 years old, you start working and you’re paying $12 a year for insurance, and by the time you’re 70, you get a nice plan. Here’s something where you walk up and say, 'I want my insurance.' It’s a very tough deal, but it is something that we’re doing a good job of."

It's unclear if Trump actually thinks a 21-year-old can get health insurance for $12 a year, but that's what he said. It is possible the president meant to say "month" instead of "year." As Vox points out, he said something similar in a May interview with The Economist: “Insurance is, you’re 20 years old, you just graduated from college, and you start paying $15 a month for the rest of your life and you really need it, you’re still paying the same amount and that’s really insurance."

This, of course, is still nowhere close to reality.

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-rich-health-care-insurance-cost-639676
>>
Donald Trump is a very rich man who before moving into the White House lived in a gold-plated Manhattan penthouse. He certainly hasn't ever had to worry about health insurance, although as president of the United States, one might think he should have some understanding of the economic hardships faced by his constituents.

In fairness to Trump, previous presidents have had similar issues relating to the American people when it comes to dollars and cents.

In February 1992, a New York Times piece described how amazed George H.W. Bush was by a supermarket he visited during the campaign. "The look of wonder flickered across his face again as he saw the item and price registered on the cash register screen," the piece read.

When Rudy Giuliani was vying for the 2008 Republican nomination, he grossly underestimated the price of bread and milk. "A gallon of milk is probably about a $1.50, a loaf of bread about a $1.25, $1.30," he said. Four years later, Mitt Romney casually tried to bet Rick Perry $10,000 he didn't favor individual health care mandates, drawing criticism that he was out of touch with the financial burdens of many Americans.

So Trump isn't alone, but in the end it's probably not a good thing when the president of the United States can be compared to Arrested Development's Lucille Bluth, a caricature of out-of-touch wealth.
>>
BREAKING NEWS: TRUMP IS RETARDED

I'm getting really tired of these boring threads.
>>
>>159441

>he said a number
>that's not true
>but we don't know the actual number either
>this is the end for drumpf
>>
>>159584
we know averages and we know he's orders of magnitude off for any given state
>>
>>159586
Who cares?
>>
>>159441
Are we sure he's not just misinformed by the MSM's constant lickspittling of Obamacare?
>>
>>159605
yeah, that must be it
>>
>>159604
People who don't want a retard as President?
>>
>>159458
Ya
>>
>>159458
I know its tiring but theres a small glimmer of hope that a trump-fan will go

"maybe i fucked up.."
But we all know they just might put their walls up higher
>>
>>159586

Where, in the "news article" did they mention those averages? Oh, wait, they didn't. Don't correct a post that is correct, nigger, or you risk looking like the moron we all know you to be. Understand?
>>
>>159611
Hillary lost you dumbass, kek
>>
>>159632
Literally nobody mentioned Clinton but you
How fucking retarded is it possible to be
>>
>>159441
>"by the time you're 70, you get a nice plan."

It sounds like he's talking about life insurance. He probably saw an ad for it on Fox News and got confused between health insurance and life insurance.

Isn't it insane that the leader of a movement to overhaul 1/7 of the US economy doesn't even know the difference between health insurance and life insurance?
>>
>>159458
I'm getting a little tired of these threads too but, the most powerful person in the world being retarded is kind of news.

>>159619
>be white supremacist
>be retarded
It's common fucking sense that even the cheapest health insurance option costs a lot more than $1 a month. Are you some spoiled brat too who's never had to pay for his own health insurance?
>>
>>159584
I know MY insurance cost me $180/month. So go fuck yourself, "I don't know the number."
>>
>>159619
Where in the name of holy fuck does anyone get insurance for under twenty bucks a year?
>>
>>159632
I love how every defense of Trump's idiocy starts by laughing about winning, but nothing, you know, actually defending his brain-dead ramblings.
>>
>>159895
Either that or medicare witholdings assuming an annual refund to get some of it back. That would make a bit more sense in context, but still is confusing.

Does anyone else get the feeling Trump just thinks a bit faster then he speaks and ends up jumping from topic to topic erratically because of it?
>>
>>160067
I agree with every word he said so far 100%
He is everything I ever wanted in a president.

And once he has united all white countries like Russia Poland Hungary and the rest. Then we can finally unleash the holy nuclear fire and cleanse this planet of all subhumans.
>>
>>159441
we (the electoral college) wanted a president free from political correctness, and we got it

meanwhile congress goes about its job of promoting the interests that will finance their next election

many USA health care costs are totally out of wack with the rest of the world, for example:

I am going to visit an orthopedic surgeon for my knee. SF Bay area hospitals want $800-$1600 to take 3 MRI 'films' of my knee. I went to an international hospital in Tokyo and got the necessary imaging done for 10000 yen (about US$ 90) 2017

- root canal in 2016, $5500 quote from my california dentist, had work done in germany for under $600 (500 eur).

- colonoscopy with biopsy (a colonoscopy without biopsy is covered a covered free exam under the ACA, but change the billing code when you add a biopsy and see what happens) - $5000 (about the same as most people's ACA policy deductible) in california, however hop on a plane and go to ann arbor, michigan and get the same procedure for $800, about the same as an uninsured american would pay in canada.

the cbo (congressional budget office) estimated over 30% of private health dollars are spent on administrative overhead (mostly insurance) whereas medicare has under 2% overhead. (oh noes, an example of large government being beneficial)

i kinda hope that trump and the gop congress and senate wreck havoc on health insurance regulations and trumpcare, because it increases the odds when political pendulum swings in the opposite direction single payer health will pass
>>
>>160089
the big question that the government's not getting at is why are the costs so inflated in the US and how do we legislate them down to a normalized prices
I used to maintain that the only way is to make health insurance mandatory and be more transparent with quoting, but maybe the root of the issue is that the consumer demand for health care is so much higher than the rest of the world that it blows up the prices - basic economics
So maybe the USA can't legislate the problem away, and they need a cultural shift emphasizing lifestyles and habits that reduce the need for medical care, which would lower the demand, and thus lower the costs
Easier said that done but I don't see any other option
>>
health insurance is just a pile of money in a risk pool. It isn't healthcare.
Healthcare is a huge industry. For costs to go down, productivity in this industry must rise. The free market is the best way to realize this. So no taxation, and less regulation is the solution. Not nationalization, and government committees planning everything.
>>
Do chickens have large talons?
>>
>>159895
He knows nothing. He just pretends. He's your average bullshitter except his daddy gave him a million dollars and the Russians use him to launder their money so he's very rich and inexplicably this makes stupid people buy his bullshit. All he cares about is his own image. He just wants a win for him and a loss for Obama so he can convince himself he's better than Obama.
>>
>>160089
That's funny because all the low costs you're quoting are from nations that have socialized healthcare and it's cheaper for someone who hasn't even paid into the system to receive care there than it is in the USA.
>>
>>160123
>Trump is a know-nothing
>Stumbled onto billions of dollars, note that's 1000x a million
>Stumbled onto innumerable achievements, hit reality tv show, property in dozens of countries, and a smokin hot wife
Yea he's dumb though, totally a dumb guy
>>
>>160123
>He just wants a win for him and a loss for Obama so he can convince himself he's better than Obama.
Think the utter spanking of the Democratic party pretty much proves the point that he is better than Obama.
>>
>>160149
Supermodel wife with nice fake tits, billionaire that owns the nicest golf clubs in the world, has giant skyscrapers in Manhattan with his name on it, WWE hall of fame, has 32000 nuclear bombs at his disposal and reigning supreme champion of twitter shitposting.

Yeah. He is a total failure. poor guy will never amount to anything.
>>
>>160123
That's not hard. A dead rat is better than Obama.
>>
>>160149
If he had simply put his million dollars into the stock market in an index fund he would have ended up making more money than he has now even though he was relying on laundering money for the Russian mob. That's just pathetic any way you slice it.
>>
>>160165
You know the tech bubble would have wiped him out and since 2000 the returns are basically flat.

Meanwhile real estate tycoon that went in after the housing crash made billions.
Index investing is for retards.
>>
>>160165
He also would not have employed countless numbers of workers during that period, built multiple buildings and made a brand which is internationally recognized that sells a wide range of products.

>>160170
Here's a Forbes article on this exact topic. You should probably read it before spouting bullshit. Trump is near the bottom, but they essentially explain that because he invests before rhe 90s and keeps in the market it would have large returns.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/katestalter/2016/09/01/would-donald-trump-be-better-off-investing-in-stocks/
>>
>>159458

This. Trump is a fucking idiot with an amazing disconnect from reality. Everyone that isn't knee deep in conspiracy theories has come to terms with this.

It doesn't need a report anytime he forgets the value of basic American necessities.
>>
>>160178
Will you ever accept the election result? Or will you cry for the next 7 years and then kill yourself?
>>
>>160158
>Supermodel wife with nice fake tits
Who hates him and is completely aware that their marriage is superficial. Please respond with "woe is me" /r9k/ sperg crap about how women are you mean to you.

>billionaire that owns the nicest golf clubs in the world
Could've had even more if he wasn't a complete retard with his cash. Somehow investing in golf clubs is now consider a metric about how successful you are, considering there are for more appreciable investments with better ROI's on them.

>has giant skyscrapers in Manhattan with his name on it
Most people with actual cash let their money and knowledge speak for themselves instead of putting their name on everything and hoping it sticks. His hotel in Toronto is getting his name torn off. It's the billion dollar equivalent of compensating for something ;)

>WWE hall of fame
Ah this is a shit post. Should've just said that earlier. I'm out.

;)
>>
>>160182

Only Trump apologists take this a personal attack on the election result, and it's quite telling they need to bring up something from 8 months ago to take a bite at someone else, considering the failed, lackluster, corrupt administration thus far, topped with his own base twisting themselves into intellectual pretzels to convince themselves otherwise.

Have fun in your shit hole of a red state. Or, if your life is pretty good, you're probably living in an area supported by blue infrastructure.

;)
>>
>>160183
>>160184
Why the fuck are you using smiley faces you fat ugly bitch?
>>
>>160185

For posts like yours ;)
>>
>>160185
Your post is exactly why. Stop being an asshat and grow up
>>
>>160183
>>Supermodel wife with nice fake tits
>Who hates him and is completely aware that their marriage is superficial. Please respond with "woe is me" /r9k/ sperg crap about how women are you mean to you.
You know this because? Sexist much? Believe you know what a woman is thinking because of how she looks.
>>billionaire that owns the nicest golf clubs in the world
>Could've had even more if he wasn't a complete retard with his cash. Somehow investing in golf clubs is now consider a metric about how successful you are, considering there are for more appreciable investments with better ROI's on them.
So..how much do you have in an investment portfolio? I'm also guessing you are the type that rail against huge investment banks as well.
>>has giant skyscrapers in Manhattan with his name on it
>Most people with actual cash let their money and knowledge speak for themselves instead of putting their name on everything and hoping it sticks. His hotel in Toronto is getting his name torn off. It's the billion dollar equivalent of compensating for something ;)
Just like all those people who have wings of museums and colleges named after them, or say, a charitable organization like the Clinton Foundation.
>>WWE hall of fame
>Ah this is a shit post. Should've just said that earlier. I'm out.
It shows he had a sense of humor about himself and can appreciate what many Americans find as entertaining. Unlike Hollywood actors who believe they can define what sports or real entertainment is.
>;)
Not a shit post, you're just full of shit.
>>
>>160193
>You know this because? Sexist much? Believe you know what a woman is thinking because of how she looks.
WHAT THE HELL do you think a woman is? Beauty and youth. Everything else I can get ten times cheaper and better from a man.
>>
>>160193
>You know this because? Sexist much? Believe you know what a woman is thinking because of how she looks.

If you're going to try and belittle me by conveniently turning me into an SJW, I have bad news friendo ;)

>So..how much do you have in an investment portfolio? I'm also guessing you are the type that rail against huge investment banks as well.

My passion is not making huge gobs of cash. I know this is a VERY difficult concept for you to understand, but many people have different interests and are not hell bent on satisfying a paleolithic, underlying instinct to horde every possible object then can for themselves.

>Just like all those people who have wings of museums and colleges named after them, or say, a charitable organization like the Clinton Foundation.

Difference is many of those individuals didn't have to buy their way into getting their name on a building and instead did so through being an esteemed representative of the institution they represented ;)

>It shows he had a sense of humor about himself and can appreciate what many Americans find as entertaining. Unlike Hollywood actors who believe they can define what sports or real entertainment is.

You'll have to forgive me, Poe's law is in full effect with you Trump apologists. Your reasoning and mental gymnastics stretches so thin it's usually indistinguishable from actual jokes. It's literally difficult to tell you apart from bumbling imbeciles and borderline paranoid sociopaths ;)

Please try again, you had a REALLY good effort with that one!
>>
>>160197
>posts nothing but SJW talking points
>proclaims she is not a SJW
Please stop you jewish tricks right now.
>>
>>160199

>y-you're just an SJW!!!
>a-a-and a JEW!!!1!1!

The ultimate, signature crumbling of a 17 year old who has been defeated in the most pathetic of arguments; a fucking text fight on a 4chan board. Another sad individual who has spent so much time on right wing media that anyone that doesn't agree with him is automatically the caricature he has already conjured in his head.

Sad!
>>
>>160197
>So many of those individuals didn't have to buy their way into getting their name on a building
Just going to stop you right there. It is a well known fact that universities put names of big do or say on just about anything they can to keep them appeased. Here are a few articles on it, please educate yourself before spouting bullshit.

http://www.dailycal.org/2014/09/10/building-names-campus-result-hefty-donations/

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/08/giving/a-donation-with-name-recognition.html

http://articles.latimes.com/1999/nov/30/news/mn-38984
>>
>>160203
You stupid bitch need to learn how to read. I never said you're a Jew. Although you just seemed to admit that you are. What I said is you are using jewish tricks.
>>
>>160203
Problem is this isn't an argument. I simply pointed to your blaring hypocrisy. As for the 'jewish tricks' reply, that isn't mine. Personally, I have no idea how being or not being jewish has anything to do with this. Now watch as I pull a menorah from my hat!
>>
>>160210
>>160211

You have long been trounced.

I know you're kids because I don't consider myself a debate aficionado by any metric and you've somehow one-upped me, simply resorting to name calling an semantic stipulations.

Thankfully you don't post under a username because chances are you would've looked back at this in 6 years when you're 20 years old and wonder why you were such an autistic little gremlin.

Don't worry, most of the time with /pol/ users and alt-right kids it's because they were bullied by black kids in high school. I know it creates some cognitive dissonance, but I'm doing you a favor as you're already cognizant of it at age 14 unlike some others who filter their rage through edgy tweets on 4chan.

;)
>>
>>160218
That's a lot of projection in that post. Not even one of the guys you are replying to but damn.
>>
>>160218
>posts on 4chan all day
>proclaims only loser post on 4chan
>doesn't understand the discussion, gets blown the fuck out
>uses smiley faces instead of arguments
ARE YOU LITERALLY A BRAIN DEAD BIMBO OR JUST PRETENDING?
>>
>>160204

Convenient how you had to weasel my own words to fit a narrative that you can argue against.

I didn't say "all." Much in the same way Curly Lambeau didn't donates heaps of cash to name a stadium after him.

And it's also interestingly convenient how the conversation strayed away from what defines success and instead what other rich people do that somehow defines success and validates your point. Jane Sanders isn't by any measurement a successful person but also has a stadium at the Uni of Oregon. Nice try Trump apologists!

>>160221
>p-p-PROJECTION!!!!1!1!11!1
Another SIGNATURE sign of getting utterly BTFO'd on a measure inconceivable to most people.

>>160222
>goes into an autistic fit of rage because the conversation didn't go as planned and went outside his parameters of what constitutes him having a successful argument.

>spergs out over emoticons

;)
>>
>>160224
This is too much. Someone needs to find this faggot and shoot him.
>>
>>160225

Fucking lmao.

Are you sitting behind you computer desk sweltering with rage? Be careful man, high blood pressures can lead to a brain aneurysm.

;;;;;)
>>
>>160071
The Zog will fall and be crushed under the boots of TRUMP!
>>
>>160225

It's also interesting that conservatives are supposedly the "law and order" bloc of the American population yet publicly endorse shooting another individual because they were being annoying on an electronic anime image board.

Unless you were just "kidding." Or better yet, not even a conservative and instead ACTUALLY part of the alt-right.
>>
>>159611
I don't. That's why I voted against Hillary.
>>
>>160229
What the hell is the alt-right? Alex Jones?
>>
>>160224
>I didn't say all
You said many. That implies a large number/majority of the named structures are based on merit and not donations.

>I didn't say all
Neither did I, please fully read a post before responding. There are many who did earn their name on a building such as famous coaches for their respective teams, nobel winners at their university, etc. Noone is disputing that. However when it comes to naming a conference room, a bench, a wing of a hospital that is where donors come in.

>It's interestingly convenient how the conversation strayed away from what defines success
I didn't take it that direction, but once it went there and I saw you spouting misinformation I felt compelled to correct you. Sorry about that. ;)
>>
>>160230

You know who the retard is? The individual who comes up with a convincing alibi that he fired Comey because of his handling of the Hillary Clinton email investigation. Odd for doing it at the time he did, but a complacent argument that one can buy nonetheless.

Then, after the dust has settled he goes onto AN AMERICAN NEWS NETWORK, the medium he lambasts as FAKE NEWS!1!!11!1 then completely and utterly DECIMATES his campaign's line of reasoning why he fired Comey and OUTRIGHT says he did it because of the Russia investigation.

How fucking stupid do you have to be to do that? Even the most drug addled petty thief has the inherent instinct to preserve himself and lie if the officer asks if he stole something from the local drug store. I mean, robbers and martyrs are inherently stupid to resort to crime, but at least some sort of intellectual wit is required to get away with it. But Trump is on a whole another level of stupid, like a cartoon character that is over confident of himself and ends up shooting himself in the foot after he wags his dick around in a display of braggadocio.

He shoots himself in the foot over and over with Russia. Constantly bringing it up, yet wondering why the news media still supports the narrative. He is truly one of the most dumbest motherfuckers I've ever seen being just short of medically deficient in mental capacity.
>>
>>160224
That post is purified cancer. What the hell is wrong with you.
>>
>>160234
So will you keep up this level of impotent rage for the next 7 years? Or will you overdose on your faggot pills before then.
>>
>>160232

Well I guess we're going to get out Oxford and lobby definitions at each other of what a "large number" means. I can think of 5 buildings a mile away from me that are named after someone on the basis of their achievements, not the cash donated to them.

>However when it comes to naming a conference room, a bench, a wing of a hospital that is where donors come in.

Hmm, that's weird, the ones I was thinking of are actually buildings at the local college!

>I didn't take it that direction, but once it went there and I saw you spouting misinformation I felt compelled to correct you. Sorry about that. ;)

I stand by my previous statements ;)

>>160235

Responds with NOTHING.

>>160237

So you've come to terms with the fact he the mental equivalent of a stupid cartoon character?
>>
>>160238
Woa. Now you are hating on cartoons too? Is there nothing sacred for you Commies?
>>
>>160239

WHOA BUDDY. I'm a CAPITALIST! Get that RIGHT!

I hope you don't go around conveniently lumping the opposition into a character you've already imagined!
>>
>>160240
>hates Trump because he is gutting the overgrown welfare state
>proclaims to be a capitalist
You're not fooling anyone.
>>
>>160238
>I can think of 5 buildings
Anecdotal evidence and blah blah blah. I am sure you have heard, and made, that argument before so I won't waste time on it.

>but I was thinking of buildings
Then why did you not specify that earlier. More importantly, why did you start an argument with >>160193 about it when he specifically mentions wings of a museum/college and charitable organizations if you aren't even going to stay consistent on that point?

Sorry kiddo, but you lost. ;p
>>
>>160185
To piss off stupid wannabe trolls like yourself. Now go run along and cry to your trump rallies now, and tell them how mean anti-trumps were to you wah wah. Oh and Anon I'm going to let you in on a little secret of mine I'm anti-hillary as well.
>>
>>160225
Hey there Anon you want to fight against a real troll bring it on. Lets point out some facts shalllllll we? Trump is under investigation because of crooked dealings stop. Shillary and her husband as well are under investigation because of crooked dealings her people just end up dead stop. You feel the need to defend Trump because you believe he is trying to make America great again stop. What you don't realize is Trump is in this for himself and doesn't give a shit about a piss ant like yourself stop. Do you still feel the need to defend Trump? Yes ok he will burn you and your family to the ground and laugh while he does it stop. He is so out of tune with the general public that as he has said to the new York times he believes that it only costs a dollar a month for healthcare stop. He also stated that he believes that it only costs people 15 dollars a month for tuition stop. He has been researching what kind of powers the presidential pardon has if he can pardon himself, his family, and his aid's stop. Now I know what your thinking no not thoughs AIDS though he probably does have some form of STD stop. Now at this point your blood pressure is probably sky high from thoughs facts but probably more so from all though stops stop. I do this for a reason just so you might subconsciously actually stop and think about what you just read stop. I hope this might have opened your eyes Abit anon I really do stop. P.S. anons before you go saying how I'm a sjw I'm not but I can't but help to troll this Trump fag he had just was too good to pass up if he is freaking out about fucking Smiley's then I can't wait for this stop. ohh also not a nigger a Jew or a shillary fan I am however a felon who welcomes anyone to try to "shoot" me at this 14 yo request I will be sure to make it a fast and painless death for you stop.
>>
>>160246
>trump tardsare so toxic they are driving life long gop members out of the party.

The issue is trump voters consider any and all forms of critisim of their god emperor an attack on themselves. You literally cant point out anything wrong with trump with out hearing.
>hill shill
>commie
>soros
>"insert slur agaknst liberal muslim black minority here"

Any talk with them is like talking to a brick wall they wont budge , and just build straw men snd move goal posts ex
> no one in trumps campaign met with russians
> only flyn meet with russians but the campaign never recived info from russians.
>okay don jr met with russians and attempted to get damaging info on clintons from them but thats just normal politics.
>>
>>160254
Not denying anything of which you said, but this Trump fag was just soooo good I couldn't let this one get away. He was freaking out about the text smile Anon if they have any form of back bone they will try to say something but doubtful
>>
>>160260
Good little frys like that are always fun to toy with, their grasp on reality is so tenuous.
>>
>>160254
You're mostly right. Once people jump too far into one ideology or another they tend to build up barriers in an attempt to avoid realizing they made a poor decision. This is true of both political camps though. The insults are almost primarily an issue on the Internet, especially here due to the anonymity, and I have never really run into it in the real world.

As for the whole goal posts moving statement, can you really blame them for arguing on what was known at the time? Sure looking back it was foolish, but there was no evidence for any of those things at the time. Might as well argue that everyone in the 90s who didn't invest in Apple was an idiot based on what we know now.

>>160260
>>160262
Careful friends, picking on the disabled is a sign of being a sociopath.
>>
>>160264
Nope no sociopaths here i don't know what your talking about just us trolls.
>>
>>160149
>>160158
How does buying a Slav hooker qualify as a sign of brilliance?
>>
>>160269
That's a wonderful point Anon. Please Trump fag tell us how does buying a slave hooker shows a sign of intelligents. Also do you know how much they are me and my wife would loooove one.
>>
>>160193
>It shows he had a sense of humor about himself and can appreciate what many Americans find as entertaining. Unlike Hollywood actors who believe they can define what sports or real entertainment is.

Are you seriously implying the WWE is a more important source of entertainment for Americans than Hollywood?
>>
>>160279
>>>160193 (You)
>>It shows he had a sense of humor about himself and can appreciate what many Americans find as entertaining. Unlike Hollywood actors who believe they can define what sports or real entertainment is.
>Are you seriously implying the WWE is a more important source of entertainment for Americans than Hollywood?

Er no, no where did I state that, but please enlighten me on the superiority of one form of entertainment over another.

Spoiler alert!

Hollywood and WWE are the same thing.
>>
>>160297
No, but you're implying that Hollywood is somehow creating fake entertainment while theWWE is real and genuine.

If hundreds of millions of Americans and billions of people worldwide enjoy Hollywood movies, that's hardly "fake entertainment"

>Hollywood and WWE are the same thing.
That's hardly helping your point. If we agree that that's the case then that means your original point is meaningless, in no way can Trump be sticking it to Hollywood by supporting a part of Hollywood.
>>
>>160312
Dude, Reread his statement on the WWE. He said they're both forms of real entertainment. It is pretty clear his point is how elitists like yourself consistently discredit the WWE as well as other forms of entertainment they don't enjoy. You unironically proved his point for him.
;)
>>
>>160317
No, read his post.

>Unlike Hollywood actors who believe they can define what sports or real entertainment is.

He's implying that Hollywood isn't "real entertainment" but the WWE is.
>>
>>159441
Who cares? Trump has put people in positions to know the policy and implement it. I am sure HHS secretary DR. Tom Price knows plenty.

STFU, Obama knew nothing and health insurance.
>>
>>159614
I knew he wasn't a politician, and knew he didn't know much about specific shit like health care, or welfare. But I knew he would put people in positions that do know. Dr. Tom Price for example.

Do not regret vote at all. 8.5/10 would do it again.

>durr Obama was soo smart!
>Obama knew everything about healthcare
>glad Glorious leader allowed us to have health insurance (not even healthcare per say)
>Obama knows all as a failed lawyer, Community activist and short lived Senator
>>
>>160089
>California
>most liberal state in the Union
>my healthcare is expensive in Cali!
>we need to go further to the left, then prices will go down!
>meanwhile goes to Republican state to get healthcare
>the problem is we are not enough socialized!

Come again?
>>
>>160412
And Tom Price's brilliant plan was to give wealthy people a giant tax break and take away subsidies which helped reduce health care costs and also get rid of protections for people with preexisting conditions. His plan would have caused millions of people to lose their health insurance. This is totally better somehow because reasons.
>>
>>160426
>would have caused millions of people to lose their health insurance
To be fair. Virtually all of those people all Niggers and Illegals. They should not have healthcare in the first place. They should die out.
>>
>>160426
>take away subsidies which helped reduce health care costs
Subsidies do not reduce healthcare costs.
Only productivity gains in the healthcare industry can reduce costs.
>>
>>160409
>unlike Hollywood ACTORS who believe they can DEFINE what real entertainment is
I added some emphasis onto the key words for you. The argument is that it is those in Hollywood trying to define what is and is not real entertainment, regardless of what the average American may think. In no way does it imply that Hollywood is not entertainment. Just that those who work there have an elitist attitude which is not always in line, and may even run counter, with the views of the average American.
>>
>>160415
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_care_system_in_Japan
>All residents of Japan are required by the law to have health insurance coverage.
>People without insurance from employers can participate in a national health insurance programme, administered by local governments.
>Hospitals, by law, must be run as non-profit and be managed by physicians. For-profit corporations are not allowed to own or operate hospitals.
>Medical fees are strictly regulated by the government to keep them affordable.

That was some good bait because I totally wrote up this post. 10/10
>>
>>160433
Exactly! Subsidies are important to achieve universal coverage, but by themselves don't reduce cost. In order to reduce cost, you have to do one of 2 things:
1.) Get rid of private health insurance. It's a middle-man industry where competition hasn't lowered costs when people needed it most. Let the government serve as the insurance pool containing everyone. This gives it enormous negotiating power with respect to contracting providers.
2.) Price controls, because profiteering is rampant in healthcare because it's a market where market competition by itself frequently does not increase the quality/cost function. People can't "shop around" for emergency rooms and when you're a patient Pharmaceuticals have the highest profit margins of any industry, 30% isn't uncommon. If you're an inpatient then you're captive to the costs of whatever procedures the doctors order and you literally can't refuse.

The US has historically lagged in healthcare outcomes for almost every condition. The only exception being cancers which is ironic because it's the one area the US government has been more active than other countries since threat of malpractice lawsuits in the US motivate providers to order frequent tests which helps catch condition early on.
>>
>>160415
It's almost as though conservative states are generally rural ones and thus have a lower cost of living.
>>
>>160432

Most of the folks on medicaid are white. In some states like New Mexico literally one out of every three citizens.
There's not much use contesting that increased access to healthcare doesn't produce a healthier population. Studies have been done on this:

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMsa1202099#t=article
>We identified states that had implemented major Medicaid expansions to cover childless adults (19 to 64 years of age) between 2000 and 2005, allowing analysis of multiple years of post-expansion data.
>Our study period included 5 years before and 5 years after each state's expansion, with the postintervention period beginning the first full year after the expansion to cover childless adults and the preintervention period covering the immediately preceding 5 years. We selected as controls neighboring states without major Medicaid expansions that were closest in population and demographic characteristics to the three states with Medicaid expansions
>Our study documents that large expansions of Medicaid eligibility in three states were associated with a significant decrease in mortality during a 5-year follow-up period, as compared with neighboring states without Medicaid expansions. Mortality reductions were greatest among adults between the ages of 35 and 64 years, minorities, and residents of poor counties. These findings may influence states' decisions with respect to Medicaid expansion under the ACA.

http://news.heart.org/affordable-care-act-linked-fewer-cardiac-arrests/
>Conclusions Health insurance expansion was associated with a significant reduction in OHCA incidence. Based on this pilot study, further investigation in larger populations is warranted and feasible.

We finally have a pathway to universal provision of essential products and services.
Now we should turn out attention to reducing cost of the product.
>>
>>160467
You are 100% wrong about everything. Every one of your solutions would make everything worse.
The correct course of action, is to eliminate taxation and any regulations which inhibit growth, innovation, and competition with regards to healthcare.
>>
>>160178
Brazil here. We need to know the stupid shit he says, always.
>>
>>160471
While whites are the majority of recipients, they make up the majority of the population so that is not surprising. Meanwhile looking at the nonelderly on medicaid stats, we see it is actually blacks which are over represented 19% relative to US demographics ~13%. Whites and Hispanics are broken up, but it is unclear from this data how they deal with the "white hispanic" question so caution is advised on that stat.

http://www.kff.org/medicaid/state-indicator/distribution-by-raceethnicity-4/?currentTimeframe=0&sortModel=%7B"colId":"Location","sort":"asc"%7D
>>
>>160071
Ooooh, edgy.
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.