[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poll: Higher insurance premiums for smokers but not the overweight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

>https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2017/07/20/Poll-higher-insurance-premiums-for-smokers-but-not-the-overweight/3171500560941/

July 20 (UPI) -- A Gallup Inc. poll released Thursday said a majority of Americans back higher insurance premiums for smokers but not for the overweight.

Fifty-nine percent of respondents said insurers would be justified in setting higher health insurance rates for smokers, but only 37 percent applied the same view for the significantly overweight. The findings are similar to those reported the first time Gallup asked the question, in 2003; 65 percent agreed a rate hike would be justifiable for smokers, and 43 percent felt the same about the significant overweight.

In 2003, 47 percent of Democrats approved of higher rates for the overweight. In Thursday's poll, only 27 percent of Democrats agree. There was no significant change in opinion among Republicans or independents.
>>
>>159305
This is what happens when your party's approach to social factors and differences in human bodies is based on lies.
>>
>>159305
>16.8% of Americans smoke according to CDC
>like 1-10^(-99999999999999999) of the American population is overweight

>somehow, someway, Americans inexplicably see being overweight as less deserving of being penalized

Anybody who tries to pass laws to directly fight obesity would be REEEEEEEEEEE'd out.
>>
>>159305

>In 2003, 47 percent of Democrats approved of higher rates for the overweight. In Thursday's poll, only 27 percent of Democrats agree.

"b-but society has shifted to the right" - modern left
>>
>>159305
As their constituents continue to get fatter, it would be rather foolish to directly target the obese. If the cost of obesity to tax payers were more widely spread similar to the anti smoking commercials I am sure things would be different.
>>
>>159500
I doubt it. If there's one thing I've found is that you can trade a smoker about smoking, sometimes a diabetic about their needles, but if you poke at a fat person's weight (particularly a fat woman) it's game over. Fat people are usually in denial of the adverse health effects. Although fuck those bastards, if they wanna tax me more for my friggin cigarettes then those cunts ought to pay just as much for being fat fucks.
>>
>>159514
Tease* not trade fucking autocorrect
>>
>>159407
They've just gotten fatter
>>
as it should be

smokers actually spread lung cancer around. landwhales on the other hand aren't as much bio-hazardous.
>>
>>159542
What about the increased greenhouse gas emissions?
>>
I support this because in America you can't choose not to be fat any more. Unless you are blessed with an extraordinary metabolism, sooner or later, the sugar is going to win.

Sugar is as addictive as cocaine and it's in everything. No one forces you to smoke.
>>
>>159542
>implying you'll get cancer from having to walk by a smoker every so often
>>
>>159305
>Breaking News
>There are more fatass Americans than there are smokers in America
>>
>>159305
>overweight
>weight
anybody who is remotely fit would disagree with that. Base it on bf% or GTFO you skinnyfat shit
>>
>>159555
Last time I checked, fresh vegetables have almost no sugar. Stop eating fast food every half hour and you won't be a fatass.
>>
>>159305
So the fat fucks defend their bullshit again, and they win because there's a fucking ton of them, and at some point this fat acceptance thing became another civil rights crusade. All for fuckers who just can't... not... stuff their face. Smokers, on the other hand, are continually told to feel shame. It's not surprising the poll came out the way it did.
>>
>>159555
I did. It's called being poor. It's remarkably easy.
>>
>>160025

>medical tests reveal ideal weight
>person weighs more than that
>that person is overweight

Hard to understand, fatty?
>>
>>160061
>fresh vegetables have almost no sugar
WOT?
beets and carrots have sugar, but because they have low carbs their glycemic index is low - you'd have to eat 1/2 kg on a regular basis to get fat

basically a plant intensive diet is healthy
>>
Neither should have to pay more for insurance, for the first two years, and treatments for addiction and weight loss should be covered. After two years if there is no change, then they get charged up the wazoo. Same goes for any addiction. What is so hard to think through here?
>>
>voters deciding insurance premiums
This is the future if we socialize medicine.
Why not... let the market work it out. It's much more efficient at it than the glacial government and emotional and ignorant voters.
Eliminating all taxation and growth killing regulation is the solution.
>>
>>159352
> This is what happens when your party's approach to social factors and differences in human bodies is based on lies.
More double standards than anything. Smokers are succumbing to an unhealthy evil. Obese people can't control themselves, their genetically predisposed!
>>
>>160077
>I have literally never seen the inside of a weight room in my entire life
Fat is unhealthy. Muscle is not. Muscle also adds weight.
Hard to understand, skelly?
>>
>>160258
By the time you look big enough you are going to do something dumb and hurt yourself.

Fat is fat.
>>
>>160259
>Fat is fat
and muscle is muscle you fucking retarded skelly.
You can't even bench your own weight and you're in here trying to lecture people about fitness? Neck yourself, you're barely better than a HAES tumblr blogger.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.