[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

security robot commits suicide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: =( .png (2MB, 1745x993px) Image search: [Google]
=( .png
2MB, 1745x993px
A security computer patrolling the grounds of a Washington, D.C., office building tragically "drowned" Monday in the building's decorative wading pool.

At least it looked drowned to CrystalMD founder Bilai Farooqui, who shared a photo of the hapless bot of lying face down — or maybe it was face up — in less than two feet of water. It's possible that the robot, a Knightscope K5 security robot, could be fine if someone blasts it with a hair blower or maybe drops it in a vat of rice.

The mobile, nosecone-shaped K5 security robots are designed to patrol areas such as office buildings, malls and parking lots to "gather data with smart eyes and ears." They guide themselves through "complex environments" by using video cameras, LIDAR, thermal imaging, license plate recognition, GPS and proximity sensors.

Unfortunately, all those feature did not prevent the machine from rolling down a few stairs and into an indoor pool that lacked 360-degree fencing.

Stacy Dean Stephens, Knightscope's vice president of marketing and sales, said in an email that incident was an isolated event and is under investigation. She noted that no people were harmed and said that the robot would be replaced per a service agreement.

This is not the first time a K5 robot has ended up on its back. In April, a K5 was assaulted by an allegedly intoxicated man and knocked to the ground in Mountain View.

And last July, a K5 unit made headlines when it ran over a 16-month toddler, hurting his leg and foot, at the Stanford Shopping Mall.

Knightscope, which has 24 locations in five states including one in Mountain View, deploys "commanding–but friendly" security robots in malls , corporate campuses and data centers.

According to the company, the fully automated, autonomous data machines operate around the clock and are outfitted with cutting-edge technology designed to protect people and property.

http://www.sfgate.com/weird/article/Security-robot-drowns-in-D-C-office-building-s-11295004.php
>>
Why do you care? Do you want to be a cuck to a robot faggot? So what's next ? you go to jail if an electronic device tries to blackmail you?
>>
>>158750
Sooooo daleks.

I smell heresy here.
>>
Why wouldn't that robot be waterproof if it was meant to stay outside?
>>
>>158750
>commanding but friendly
wut?

i don't talk to cops why would i talk to a robot. what happens if i give it the finger?
>>
>>158768
Cuts it off with rotating saw blades
>>
>bots running over shitty mall toddlers and then trying to go for a celebratory swim

BEST COMPANY EVER. HOW DO I INVEST?
>>
>>158768
I wonder how that is supposed to work. If I was walking into some area and suddenly was approached by a talking robot I would laught about it, be fascinated by it, but wouldn't take it seriously at all.
>>
Holy shit, Chopping Mall is an actual reality.

https://youtu.be/RLMyInUPQ2g
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.