[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thief Enters Church and Demands Money, Gets Shot In Torso Instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

File: bible.jpg (98KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
bible.jpg
98KB, 640x427px
Police in Dothan, Alabama, say a suspect entered a church Sunday night and demanded money–but received a bullet “in the upper torso” instead.
The suspect was pronounced dead early Monday morning.
According to the Dothan Eagle, Dothan Police Chief Steve Parrish described a scene where “two church employees” were in Crossroads Baptist Church at the time the suspect, Steffon Parreese Valentez Tolver, approached. A third church employee “had left the premises to run an errand, and arrived back after [Tolver] had entered into the church.”
Parrish says Tolver allegedly entered through the back door of the church and robbed one of the three people of $50. He was demanding money from a second individual when he was shot with a “personal handgun.” Tolver fled the scene, only to collapse outside the building. He was pronounced dead just before 1:20 a.m. Monday morning.
In April 2010, Tolver was arrested and “charged with robbing a person in the parking lot of an apartment complex near South Edgewood Street.” The investigation revealed he used a “toy gun” in the robbery. During trial for the 2010 robbery, Tolver’s attorney revealed that his client also had charges stemming from a crime committed at age 12.

https://archive.fo/oqZyo
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/07/18/suspect-enters-church-demands-money-gets-bullets-instead/
>>
>>158659
Good, and in accordance with biblical law.
>>
The Gentle Shephard only turns the other cheek to grab another can of whoop-ass!
>>
>>158659
Was the thief armed?
>>
>>158675
>Was the thief armed?

Reading is fun duh mental.
>>
>>158659

Used to live near this church. It has a big glowing red cross out in the front. Probably would have been wiser to rob the hobo pantry just down the road.
>>
>>158670
An eye for an eye, a bullet in the torso for $50?
>>
>>158659
God bless America.
>>
>>158659
Hoooo boy, he's going to have a fun time explaining this trying to enter heaven
>so what brings you here today?
>i robbed a church
>>
>>158659
>his client also had charges stemming from a crime committed at age 12
So a career criminal, good. Scum like this is better dead than clog the already overflowing prisons.
>>
>>158675
>Was the theif black?
FTFY
>>
>>158695
no, but striking/killing people who come to rob you in your house
>>
>>158734
>heaven
>implying
>>
>>158745
Prisons wouldn't be overflowing if it weren't for overly strict drug possession charges
>>
>>158797
The only reason you are able to walk the street without getting murdered on the spot is BECAUSE our prisons are overflowing with young black males. If they were running around this nation would be hell on earth.
>>
>>158793
I love you for beating me to this
>>
>>158695
It's the American way.

>>158772
As is making it all about race.

www.dothaneagle.com/news/crime_court/man-shot-and-killed-during-dothan-church-burglary/article_f4d06602-6b00-11e7-8315-43aafbe29f96.html
>>
>>158695
You're right. The shooter should be compensated for the cost of the ammunition and deceased's family should be forced to pay for the pain and suffering of his victims.
>>
>>158797
Cheaper than lockdown drug treatment facilities same issue with mental health which often comes up in both. Look it sucks but until we get a fuckton more funding for treatment and the personnel required to be marginally effective prisonis the only practical place to warehouse unstable individuals.
>>
>>158795
>implying aliens don't
>>
>>158659
Why would you kill someone in the house of god?

Literally the same man who said Thou shall not kill
>>
>>159252
You want to make self defense illegal? Are you a jew?
>>
>>159258
Thought I remember the translation being thou shall not murder but whatever
>>
>>158793
thats Gods house anon
>>
>>159247
Most of the people neither need treatment nor punishments. It's an imaginary problem.
>>
>>159247
What's with America's obsession with punishment over rehabilitation?
>>
>>159351
We like fast and inexpensive solutions to difficult problems.
>>
>>159252
He actually ran after getting shot and collapsed outside. So not killed in the church, wounded there and died elsewhere.
>>
>>159338
Yeah you are right 9mm tends to make it a nonissue
>>
>>159351
Personal responsibility and fuck scumbags
>>
>>158804
Dof you think it was like this back only a few decades ago when the government and police didn't have the white mns hands tied behind his back? Back when the non whites knew their place as second class citizens in a White nation? Just a few decades ago black males would step off a sidewalk a white man was walking on. Then the (((tribe))) took power and subverted our governmental policies. Quit with the fear mongering, the majority of black murderers kill other blacks.
>>
>>159366
I'm not sure there's any legal or logical distinction between being intentionally fatally wounded and being killed outright.
>>
>>159389
Just because you had good parents doesn't mean they did. Parents don't like to admit the influence they have over their kids, because that would mean any bad kids would be their fault and it is.

The entire basis for strength as intelligent creatures is that we a social. During the first early years of our lives we mimic our parents, or who ever happens to be caring for us, and that is fucking huge. It not only affects our personality but problem solving, stress management, social skills, how snowflake we are, 'racist' or 'sexist' views, religion, problems with authority, hobbies, and so on. It is only until the age of seven years that kids can start to think for themselves, reason and logic. Before that, they are literally a sponge and soak up every thing they see. They see people shoot cops and then are told that's good, kids gonna want to kill cops when they grows up. They see are book and are told to read, they will enjoy reading later. They see their parents bickering and hitting each other, domestic abuse is a crime the kid will commit.

I've talked to a lot of people who came from broken homes and a lot of people who didn't, it's a lot harder to fuck up when you were raised right.
>>
>>159552
Just to make it clear if it wasn't, the current prisoners are fucked and beyond repair, we should focus on setting the new generation right.
>>
>>159556
Plenty of kids have fucked up parents and can still manage to do military. There are options to not be a shitbag and plenty of work in most of the highest crime areas besides some of the rust belt so no fuck human trash regardless of color
>>
>>159594
I hope you speak from experience because from mine, Those parents didn't fuck up that badly if the kid can make a right choice or... the siblings mitigated the damage.

I can't understand the second part of your post, if you can re-post in your native tongue I'll use google translate and try to get a better understanding of what you were trying to say.
>>
>>159594
If you've ever lived on post you would know that abuse of all forms, particularly domestic violence and alcoholism, are rampant. People may not like to admit it but the military is full of drunk wife beaters.
>>
>>159364
>inexpensive

The amount spent per prisoner is enough to subsidize a universal income for the rest of their life.

America just likes doing things the unique/hard way until it becomes blatantly impossible or the corporations convince us otherwise.
>>
>>159659
I was mostly referencing shooting the criminal on the spot, as was done in the article.

Even still, getting trained professionals to work with every criminal to tease out the cause of their behavior and devise a rehabilitation scheme, ensure their progress and determine success would be very expensive. Even more so if the issues are socioeconomic with no clear solution, which they often are. In the long run, you may well be right that the returns will be greater then the constant drain the current system places on the economy, but that relies on us actually being able to solve these problems. Another aspect to think about is that the current system employs a great number of people to maintain the prisons. A major change in policy will have repercussions, though the extent of which I can't really say without doing research on the issue.
>>
>>159669
My mother was warden of several different prisons. You know what she'd do if crime suddenly dropped for no apparent reason? Get retrained in something else and find a new job. I know capitalism teaches us that people will only do X for money or in this case, pray for the failures/misery of others so they can continue to have work. But that isn't the case for most individuals. Be it prisons or coal mines, people would gladly welcome the chance to be reeducated for another job so long as the job is beneficial and allows them to feel some pride while being providers.

For the other points. Not every person can, could, or should be rehabilitated. And even if the funding for more such programs was granted, I doubt the government could close even 45% of the prisons in this country.

You are right though that fixing why people get thrown in jail isn't an easy fix. There are a shit ton of factors ranging from drug laws, education, court representation, shit tier parents, etc. Its a disservice to try to say throwing a few shrinks and cry parties in jail will make everything better.
>>
>>159677
Very true. I did oversimplify my point on the economics. I simply wanted to mention how the retraining period would likely lead to a slight dip in output for a period of time. You are correct that within a decade things should return to normal again as people settle into their new jobs.

I would really like to push for more comprehensive approaches to address these problems. It seems like we focus far too much on what to do with people after they commit a crime as opposed to working with and preventing them from doing so in the first place. One idea that I had would be to provide incentives to get involved in the community in some form or another. Ideally this would curb some of the crime by giving people something to do and promoting a sense of pride and comraderie within the neighborhood. Of course that is an idealistic approach.
>>
>man in Alabama takes $50 and asks for more from another person
>shot
>dies
I was just in Dothan, 2 weeks ago.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.