[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump officials open border to 15,000 more foreign workers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: foreign.jpg (350KB, 1484x952px) Image search: [Google]
foreign.jpg
350KB, 1484x952px
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/07/17/trump-officials-order-15000-new-visas-for-low-wage-workers/

>The Department of Homeland Security on Monday announced a one-time increase of 15,000 additional visas for low-wage seasonal workers for the remainder of this fiscal year, a seeming about-face from President Trump's "Hire American" rhetoric, following heavy lobbying from fisheries, hospitality and other industries that rely on temporary foreign workers.

>The increase represents a 45 percent bump from the number of H-2B visas normally issued for the second half of the fiscal year, said senior Homeland Security officials in a call with reporters.

>The visas are for workers taking temporary jobs in the seafood, tourism, landscaping, construction and other seasonal industries — but not farm laborers.

>Businesses can begin applying for the visas this week, but must first attest that their firms would suffer permanent "irreparable harm" without importing foreign workers. They will be required to retain documents proving that they would not otherwise be able to meet their contractual obligations, or provide other evidence of severe financial loss, the officials said.

>Asked how allowing more foreign workers aligns with Trump's America First policies — especially as the White House kicks off what it has promoted as "Made in America" week — one of the Homeland Security officials said the increase "absolutely does" fit in with Trump's campaign promises.

>"We're talking about American businesses that are at risk of suffering irreparable harm if they don't get additional H-2B workers," he said. "This does help with American businesses continuing to prosper."
>>
So he's keeping out illegal immigrants and allowing more legal immigrants and temporary workers that have been on waiting lists for years like he said he would?

IMPEACH DRUMPF NOW!
>>
>>158252

Nice try but you don't get to choose AMERICA FIRST!!1!1!1! then allow 15,000 jobs to be taken by foreign immigrants that were SUPPOSEDLY for the undercut average joe.

Maybe we weren't that bad to begin with ;)
>>
>>158259
Illegal immigrants are always bad. Get out.
>>
>>158262

Where did I say they weren't?
>>
>>158273
In this post >>158259
>>
>>158274

How does foreign immigrants = illegal?
>>
>>158280
Because you implied the ones Trump wanted to kick out are good. They aren't. They're breaking the law.

You need to go back.
>>
>>158281

I didn't even mention anything about kicking out immigrants. It's really interesting how much you have to read into my comment to make it fit something you disagree with you.
>>
>>158293
Point is, this is exactly what Trump promised he'd do.
>>
>>158259
Zero logic
>>
I don't understand what the big deal is with accepting new foreign workers.

I get wanting to stop undocumented migrants. When economic migrants are undocumented, they're typically low-skilled.

But if we can add more high skilled individuals into our population, that's always a good thing. I get that they are often willing to work for less than American counterparts, but so what? The rest of us get a more competitive economy and cheaper products and services.

As far as fewer Americans being employed, that's what social programs are supposed to be for. Provide for the basic needs of those without work while retooling them ASAP.

I thought Trump was going to solve he problem of illegal immigration and impose some kind of ideological testing so that folks coming here would be amenable to the culture.

But if we're denying entry to folks who are willing to do more for less with respect to American candidates for the same position, and who think all the rights guaranteed in our constitution are fundamentally good for our society, that doesn't make sense to me.
>>
>>158249

Didn't vote for him in 2016. Won't vote for him in 2020. He won't do anything of consequence and I stopped giving a shit about this country when it stopped caring about the only people who matter, land-owning White men.
>>
>>158299

>they drive wages down
>b-but so w-what, guys

If you actually gave a shit about the future of this country, you would support ending all immigration and deporting all non-Whites.

Or are you of the delusion that coloreds are our equals? That when the US becomes a black/brown majority country, which will happen within a single generation (by 2030) it won't become a third world shithole like every other black/brown majority country on the planet throughout all of history?
>>
>>158296
>>158297

Not an argument!
>>
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
>>
>>158249
>Liberals love immigrants and immigrant workers
>Trump allows immigrant workers to enter after expelling illegals
>Liberals proceed to mock him and conservatives for doing something they should like in principal, because it's more about shitting on Trump than about the action itself

The MSM is cancer
>>
>>158365

>this post

I am extremely impressed at the spin you people put on having opinion's get bent 180 degrees and fucked in the ass.

>service jobs are going to immigrants and this (apparently) fucks lower income Americans in the ass! Trump will put America first so immigrants, illegal or legal, don't come in and take these jobs lower income Americans want! EVERY JOB WILL BE FOR AMERICANS!

We now find out this ISN'T the case so it's now spun as:

>Well, he was actually just kidding and fucking us in the ass but let's stay mad the liberals for pointing this out!

The GOP's impressive ability to scoop up your own shit and feed it back to you as liberal hate is truly mind blowing. Well done.
>>
>>158367
The only reason you're excited is because you like to throw your opponents principals in their face, while having none. It's more about the other side losing than the country winning.

You people are embarrassing worms. Sad and pathetic mindset. Weak souls.
>>
>>158367
You didn't respond to the previous argument at all.
>>
>>158368

YOU'RE making the claim. NOT me. I don't have to give you SHIT. I already have MY values in order. It's not my fault you're feeling attacked and betrayed because your own mistake is attacking and betraying you.

>>158376

There's nothing to respond to. He's getting "betrayed" by papa Trump, doesn't like the cognitive dissonance, and is trying to spin and deflect towards the liberals. Deflect deflect deflect. You people pride yourselves in personal responsibility yet it's never your responsibility when YOU make a mistake.

Quit wasting my time, own your actions, and get the fuck out of my face.
>>
>>158389
Noones feeling attacked. I could care less what a butthurt lib and a rag propoganda journal have to say. It's ironic that when Trump does something the left supposedly supports, they crash him instead of being pleased.

Losers always lose, and ideologies are poison to the mind. You disallow yourself to see reality.

You sound angry. I'm sorry you feel that way.
>>
FUCK TRUMP AND YOU ALL
You are not the one getting their jobs taken away from them, I need those construction job to feed my family
>>
>>158392

>still doesn't get it

He just keeps going people. Look at him go!
>>
>>158368
>he said, looking in the mirror

I wish I could say otherwise, but almost every single /pol/ screed I've read on this site blames liberals for every evil under the sun while suggesting nothing useful itself, with the only decent conservative arguments coming from moderate Republicans. Spite isn't a good substitute for productivity.
>>
>>158422

It's because pol users are literally children, 16 or 17 year old's; or people in their early twenties who learned about pol when they were 16 or 17.

If you go around trying to debate pol which thrives on outrage culture you're going to get nowhere fast.

>hahaha guys look how angry i am! check it out!
>>
>>158422
>>158415
>>158424

The collective IQ of these shills is a basket of manure with room to spare. Fuck you guys are laughably stupid, kek
>>
Trump is just a rich reality TV star in the right place at the right time. He couldn't care less about the white race and it's survival in America. Bannon is really the only one that does and we've seen what Trump has done to him.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.