[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Largest medical fraud takedown in American history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced Thursday that federal prosecutors have charged more than 400 people in taking part in medical fraud and opioid scams that totaled $1.3 billion in fraudulent billing.

Sessions said that 412 individuals will be prosecuted by his office in what he called the 'largest health care fraud takedown operation in American history' during a press conference in Washington.

Sessions noted that the case involves doctors, nurses and pharmacists that 'have chosen to violate their oaths and put greed ahead of their patients.'

Among those charged are six Michigan doctors accused of a scheme to prescribe unnecessary opioids. A Florida rehab facility is alleged to have recruited addicts with gift cards and visits to strip clubs, leading to $58 million in false treatments and tests.

Officials said those charged in the schemes include more than 120 people involved in illegally prescribing and distributing narcotic painkillers.

Such prescription opioids are behind the deadliest drug overdose epidemic in US history.

More than 52,000 Americans died of overdoses in 2015 - a record - and experts believe the numbers have continued to rise. (cont)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4694236/US-attorneys-412-health-fraud-case.html
>>
Please please please someone find another source for this article. It seems really really important, but people are going to discount it because it's from dailymail.
>>
Good Lord man, rub two brain cells together and figure out that if it's "announced" that there might just be an announcement:

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/national-health-care-fraud-takedown-results-charges-against-over-412-individuals-responsible
>>
>>158018
Thanks man. I was being lazy. Greatly appreciate this.

This is a step in the right direction. Make doctors stick to their oaths and stop chasing profits. +1 to Sessions.
>>
>>158023
>Thanks man. I was being lazy. Greatly appreciate this.

Show your appreciation -- and some selfing respect -- by being led lazy in the future.
>>
>>158023
>stop chasing profits
Thats not the problem.
The problem is government enforced monopolies have been able to do all this because of their favored and protected position
>>
>>158090
Okay Dad.
>>
>>158023
>+1 to Sessions
omguracist
>>
>>158183
And do you think this is a step in the right direction to fix that?
>>
>>158226
You're treating symptoms, not the disease.
Yes its good but its small compared to what the other 364 million people do.
The laws have to be eliminated. The government enforced monopolies have to end.
>>
>>158290
You're right Anon.

And I hope I'm right when I say this: this is just the beginning. Sessions is gonna tear it all down with the help of Trump and Co. This is the time to do it, if it's ever going to happen.
>>
>>158298
Hug me
>>
>>157893

I wonder how many of the defendants have names which end with -stein or -berg. Not that I'm implying anything, of course.
>>
>>157893
It'll be even bigger once Sessions addresses the weed problem that blue states have been ignoring. Trump must bring these states back in line, and make them acknowledge that his law is supreme.
>>
Well this is one good thing to finally come out of this administration. Hopefully it's part of a long-term strategy and not a one-off campaign.

>>158183
There's merit to controlling substances and thus limiting whom is allowed to hand out prescriptions. That serves an important purpose, and I agree with you that our systems are imperfect, but simply identifying an imperfection isn't necessarily an indictment of regulation as a whole. Doctors are the most qualified by their training to determine when to write a particular prescription. We just need to add protections to actively deter them abusing that power for ulterior motives.
>>
>>158002
It's what your filthy country deserves.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.