[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Teenager Climbs the Highest Mountain in Britain Wearing 5-Inch Heels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 1482572579292.jpg (133KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1482572579292.jpg
133KB, 1000x1333px
https://vimeo.com/223953616

At 1,345 meters above sea level, Ben Nevis is definitely not the World’s most difficult mountain to climb. But things get considerably trickier if instead of hiking shoes you put on a pair of 5-inch high heels, especially if you’re a guy. But one English teenager recently proved that it’s not impossible.

Ben Conway, a 19-year-old art student from London, recently took up the challenge of hiking up to the top of the highest mountain in the UK in high-heel shoes, as a way to stand out in an application for a scholarship for the School of Communication Arts in Brixton. Applicants were asked to “make something passionate about something that they are passionate about,” and since Ben loves drag culture and has been scouting for 13 years, he decided that marrying the two hobbies was a good idea.

“I needed to think of something difficult to do and I also love drag culture. I have also been scouting for 13 years and the challenge sort of married the two,” Conway told The Scotsman. “I picked Ben Nevis because it is the biggest. I thought if I’m going to go for it, I’m going to go for it properly. It was all a bit spontaneous.”

Conway started his unusual high heel climb at 8 am, on June 27, and was joined by Callum MacKenzie Allen, a friend from his art foundation year, who videotaped the whole thing for a two-minute video that served as his application project. The whole climb took five hours and wasn’t the smoothest experience.

Halfway up Ben Navis, one of his shoe straps broke, so he had to tape the shoes to his feet to make sure they stayed on. The weather didn’t make it easy for him either, as he claims that it rained pretty much the whole time, and he had to withstand 40 to 50 miles an hour winds.
http://www.odditycentral.com/news/teenager-climbs-the-highest-mountain-in-britain-wearing-5-inch-heels.html
>>
Due to these difficult conditions, Ben and his buddy had to turn back after reaching 900 meters up the mountain. He wore hiking shoes on his way down.

“I’ve never climbed up a mountain before and it was also my first time in heels,” Conway said. “Most people have been super positive but some people have been down on it, saying I should have thought about health and safety. I’ve hurt myself more on nights-out in London than wearing high heels up the mountain because I had socks and bandages on.”

Apart from providing a unique art school application project, the high-heel climb also allowed the 19-year-old to raise some money for worthy causes, like the LGBT rights charity Stonewall, and Sal’s Shoes, which provides footwear for barefoot children around the world.

“Raising money for charity brings happiness to people’s lives and if I can do something ridiculous and bring someone happiness, then that’s what it’s all about,” Ben said.
>>
>>157244
And I bet he didn't complain either, kek
>>
>>157244
>teenager

dude looks 35
>>
>>157244
No homo, but his calves look really well toned in those heels, I wonder if it's just the illusion of the shoes or if he really is that muscular.

>Again, no homo; just checking out a man's muscles
>>
>>157254
He's English
>>
>>157266
b-b-but he has all his teeth. ;-)
>>
>>157263
I see what you mean. I think the way the high-heels angle his feet flex those lower leg muscles.

I'd like to see him try that hike without using those hiking poles.
>>
>>157300
theres no shame in using a walking stick or two on a hike up a mountain
>>
Ben Nevis is basically a large hill
Who gives a shit
>>
>>157305
Agreed, and none implied. But I can assure you that it would have been a lot tougher without them. I wonder what kind of ribbing he experienced from other hikers on the trail. heheh
>>
This fool looks like the ideal spokesman for that #happygoy thing.
>>
>>157244

>1,345 meters

wow, some fag climbed a hill

this is not news
>>
>>157474
>>157245

and didn't even make it all the way up, topkek
>>
>>157244
>But things get considerably trickier in 5-inch heels, especially if you're a guy.
Sexist much?
>>
5 hours to the top? wtf it took me longer even with the proper equipment
>>
Teen
>>
>>157244
>>157245
Huge faggot.
>>
>>157474
Highest hill around here is 30 meters high, he did well.
>>
>>157244
>mountain
>Britain

pick one
>>
>>157244
it would be a guy. tttthanks alot britain
>>
>>157244
>teenager
>>
>>157772
>19
>not a teenager
pick one
>>
>>157300
>>157263
Are you being ironic or did you seriously not realize that's WHY women wear heels in the first place?
>>
>>157858
there are 50 reasons women wear high heels, but "to flex lower leg muscles" isn't one of them

t. girl in heels
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.