[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

G20 CLOSES WITH REBUKE TO TRUMP’S CLIMATE CHANGE STANCE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Imagen29.jpg (58KB, 620x420px) Image search: [Google]
Imagen29.jpg
58KB, 620x420px
http://dailyhoustonnews.com/2017/07/08/g20-closes-rebuke-trumps-climate-change-stance/

>German Chancellor Angela Merkel closed the G20 summit in Hamburg with a rebuke to US President Donald Trump’s stance on climate change, but appeared to make a concession on his protectionist trade policies.

>Merkel said she deplored the US’ decision to pull out of the Paris climate change agreement and said that all other 19 nations in the G20 remained committed to it.

>Trump faced a chorus of global outrage last month when he announced he would withdraw the US from the accord, which obliges countries to reduce their carbon emissions to ward off catastrophic global warming.

>The communiqe from the group of 19 countries and the European Union noted the US’ withdrawal from the accord but said the country affirmed its “strong commitment to an approach that lowers emissions while supporting economic growth and improving energy security needs.”

>In her remarks, Merkel appeared to come down hard on Trump’s protectionist trade policies, saying she was glad that leaders agreed that “markets need to be kept open.”

>“This is all about fighting protectionism and also unfair trade practices.”

>But the final communique made concessions for “the role of legitimate trade defense instruments.”
>>
>US President Donald Trump won the 2016 election on an “America First” platform that would pull the country out of several multilateral trade deals and negotiations, as well as the landmark Paris Agreement on climate change.

>The US had threatened to impose new tariffs on steel imports into the country, a comment that prompted European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker to threaten the same in return, giving early warning signs of a trade war.

>The leaders had been at an impasse over climate change and trade for most of the summit, and Merkel had made it clear that the US’ stance on the issues had made talks difficult.
>>
When you're the lone voice against 19 other leading nations.
That's intentional leadership you can believe in.
>>
>>155972

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/world/2017/05/30/german-chancellor-angela-merkel-now-leader-free-world/102308694/
>>
>>155972
Fingers crossed.
>>
>>155972
If he had a voice that would be something.
He had nothing. He went there, stood around, had nothing to contribute for the US, for the world, for our allies, for any other country, and left. Less america first and more pretending the rest of the world doesn't exist.

In a couple of weeks, one eighth of this presidential term will be over. All of his achievements thus far have been written for him to sign or handed to him in the form of open seats to nominate. THings that require zero effort. "Somebody needed to throw a few teacakes at the guests, and conservatives don’t do that. But Trump never moved on from there. He just stuck around to throw everything else."
>>
>>155989
He did exactly what I wanted him to do - stand apart from the Globalists
>>
>>155999
how does that benefit us?
>>
>>156002
Globalists want a global society ruled under some sort of unelected elite ruling family class. The EU is basically the foundation of this.
>>
>>155972
>oh no these other nations don't like that I'd better stop

Said Trump, never.
>>
>>156003

>Globalists want a global society ruled under some sort of unelected elite ruling family class.

Who are you talking about? Which globalists? Me? I wanna work with other countries to mitigate risks of runaway global warming. I wanna trade with other countries and have allies. I'm not convinced things like the WTO are detrimental to the US.

I get that you think it's a slippery slope but I'm not convinced of that. Why can't we just have some cooperation where it's mutually beneficial in the long term and reserve our right to withdraw from those relationships at will, which is basically what we already have?
>>
>>156008
Cooperation is fine, as long as the US and other free nations get to choose their own path without being strong armed
>>
>>156009

The US isn't in any binding agreements that I know of. If we legislated all the terms of the Paris Agreement we are still fully under control of undoing them on the basis of internal decision making.

Middle America has issues. Immigration is a real issue. But shit like the Paris Agreement, the WTO, NAFTA aren't the reason why wages are stagnant and politicians are unresponsive. Shit like Citizens United ruling and lack of campaign finance reform means big business drowns out everyone else's voice is the reason that the working class isn't seeing a rise in living standards that accompanies a rise in productivity. Fossil fuel multinationals, bankers, insurance companies have done a spectacular job getting Americans to misidentify culprits and to distract them beyond hope.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.