[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Klansmen rally against removal of Confederate statue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1

File: s3.reutersmedia.net.jpg (82KB, 702x468px) Image search: [Google]
s3.reutersmedia.net.jpg
82KB, 702x468px
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-virginia-klan-idUSKBN19T142

>A few dozen Ku Klux Klan members and supporters shouted "white power" at a rally on Saturday in Charlottesville, Virginia where they protested against a city council decision to remove a statute honoring Confederate General Robert E. Lee.
>In February, the Charlottesville City Council voted 3-2 to remove the statue from the park once named for Lee and make plans for a new memorial to remember the southern city's enslaved population, The Daily Progress, the local newspaper reported.
>Confederacy statues and flags have been removed from public spaces across the United States since 2015, after a white supremacist murdered nine black parishioners at a South Carolina church.
>Critics of the monuments say they foster racism by celebrating leaders of the Confederacy in the pro-slavery South during the U.S. Civil War. Supporters say they represent an indelible part of U.S. history and part of regional heritage.

Yee-haw!
>>
>>155340
>Another country tries to steal your territory.
>Honor said country with statues and praise.

But really, glad to see these people proving the lefts point about the flag. Only downside is it fucked up Dukes of Hazard reruns.
>>
>>155340
>A few dozen
#Notallwhitepeople
>>
So, fun little addendum to this: the lefty protesters (of which there were nearly 800 for the 36 Klansmen) stayed 2 hours after being ordered to disperse, throwing objects at police officers, physically attacking police officers, and attempting to prevent the Klansmen from leaving. In response the policemen had to engage the crowd with tear gas and pepper spray.
>>
>>155340
Is there proof they were actual Klansmen?
>>
>>155401
[Citation needed]
>>
>>155351
I did love Dukes of Hazard when I was a kid.

By the way, you're all traitors and your flag should be the Union Jack.
>>
>>155340
Why don't these guys just raise the money to purchase the statues from the city? Then they can display them on their front lawn if they want.
>>
David Dukes of Hazard
>>
>>155495
That's not a bad idea anon, but most KKK are white trash who barely have enough money for their daily 6 pack of PBR and defective condoms. They also don't have lawns down at the trailer park to put it.
>>
>>155495
As if the city would allow that. They deemed it racist to have this statue in their own park. I imagine if you displayed it in your lawn they would find some way to force removal. That or just allow the inevitable protest to destroy it by calling off the police.
>>
>>155544
>what is private property

No one gives a shit if you have racist artifacts strewn all over your property. Stop listening to talk radio conspiracy shits.

The statue was removed because it was on tax funded public property. When the state or federal government uses your tax dollars for ideological reasons, it creates the appearance of a particular ideology being mandated by the state.
>>
>>155401
>things that didn't actually happen
>>
>>155564
Anon, I can't even keep the trash cans outside my house more then a day after pickup without violating a city ordinance. Do you honestly think I would be able to get away with erecting a 20 ft statue of Robert E. Lee in my yard? Not to mention the HOA and neighbors being frustrated when people come to protest outside my house and property values begin to drop.
>>
>>155573
>HOA

Well there's your problem. Not everyone chooses to live in an area where they have to cede sovereignty over their private property to a fascist organization.
>>
>>155573
>my actions have social consequences

Yep
>>
>>155573

Living in a dorm, renting an apartment or living in a neighborhood that requires you to sign your rights away and follow a set of ordinances is not an example of owning private property. Go and buy an actual piece of property that you and only you own and you can do whatever the fuck you want with it.

I've lived in the South all my life. There are sparse apartments, unless you want to count housing projects as apartments. Most people here are home owners, as in they purchased a lot of land, which is in their name. No one can force them to mow their lawns, or clean up whatever junk they have piled up for decades at a time. Plenty of households also fly Confederate flags, or have blatant racist / anti-whatever propaganda displayed in plain view of the street.
>>
>>155401

Source?

What is with the need for you people to constantly make up shit?
>>
>>155480
Nah you need to put up monuments to us and remember us as heroes.

But question, so does your history classes paint the revolution as a good/bad thing? Or just kind of gloss over it?
>>
>>155401
Fake news
>>
>>155401
>>155477
>>155566
>>155598
>>155608
not gonna bother finding a source but I'm from Virginia, and some of my SJW facebook friends have been whining about the police arresting a lot of protesters. My SJW friends insist that the protesters did nothing wrong and were only arrested because the police support white supremacism, but it's reasonable to think that maybe they got arrested for committing crimes
>>
>>155636
What if I told you that you too, are fake news
>>
>>155637
http://wtvr.com/2017/07/08/kkk-rally-in-charlottesville-arrests/
FFS do your own research instead of making me waste my time on this shit
>>
>>155607
By "the revolution" you're referring to the American civil war, which we just call "The Civil War?" We study it for about a quarter of our US History classes -- we spend about as much time on the Civil War as the American Revolution, which we just call "The Revolutionary War" or "The Revolution."

Part of the reason so much time is spent on the Civil War is because Southerners have pride in it. They kinda got to rewrite the historical consensus on the war in the early 20th century by romanticizing it with pictures of gallant officers and woeful stories of thousands of casualties, white and colored, on both sides, drawing away from the petty politics and blatant tribalism that started the whole thing (and yes, the secession *was* about slavery, as it was cited in every Article Of Secession except one).

But the Civil War also splits American history into two convenient halves, commonly referred to as "antebellum" and less-commonly as "postbellum" or just "modern American."

Now as to how the history class paints it depends entirely on how old the teacher and textbook is and where they are from. Older teachers in both the North and South will have learned from the days of institutionalized southern apologism and will say that slavery was only one of many important causes of the Civil War and that the war was inevitable. That view was never endorsed in serious scholarship and now the firm importance of slavery is being put back into textbooks, but teachers in the South, rural, and Republican areas are still very much pressured to teach a more equal-sides-are-morally-wrong perspective.

Could the war have been prevented? Many scholars have asked this. The fact remains that even with the War, the US South was maybe the last place in the civilized West to have institutionalized slavery -- all European countries got their rich colonists/landlords to switch over to a sharecropper or indentured system without having a full-scale uprising.
>>
>>155401
>>155477
>>155566
>>155598
>>155636
>>155640
http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/08/us/kkk-rally-charlottesville-statues/index.html
http://www.nbc29.com/story/35843178/counter-protesters-charlottesville-officials-speak-out-after-kkk-rally-in-justice-park
http://www.newsplex.com/content/news/Police-responded-to-how-KKK-rally-went-433378623.html
http://www.newsplex.com/content/news/Charlottesville-police-chief-releases-statement-on-KKK-rally-updated-arrest-numbers-433447153.html
http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/local/activists-police-use-of-tear-gas-excessive-in-clearing-street/article_6c96b8f6-6504-11e7-9fcd-4be7ce7cfdf6.html
http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/local/kkk-rally-in-charlottesville-eclipsed-by-protests/article_f13cde22-6415-11e7-9756-c3a385058998.html
http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/local/police-plans-for-kkk-rally-included-barricades-tear-gas-in/article_7192b990-6450-11e7-b8d3-877dace835d0.html

Some one asked for sources, so have some sources documenting the occasion. All of which mention the protesters becoming unlawful by the end and the police then taking appropriate measures.
>>
>>155340
damn. i cant even explain how much not giving a fuck about this thread i am.
>>
>>155401
Of course there left is violent.
>>
>>155642
Actually I meant the American Revolution. But thanks for the interesting tidbit of how the war is viewed from an outsider's perspective.
>>
>>155644
forget it pol already brigaded the thread with their fallacies
>>
>>155644
"The city and the University of Virginia had urged people not to go to the Klan rally, even if they opposed the Klan, but to attend alternative events, such as a unity concert at a school. The local chapter of the NAACP also organized a counter-rally.
>"Throughout the day, we urged folks not to take the bait -- to deny the KKK the confrontation and celebrity they desire," Mayor Mike Signer said on his Facebook page. "Thousands of people followed that advice, attending a wonderful set of alternative events. ..."

Goddamned it seems like the city hand selected people who wouldn't follow directions and do the opposite of what you are supposed to do. The liberals who wouldn't have started shit, straight up didn't attend. Kinda like with the Berkeley riots, by the time the black bloc had thrown everything into chaos most of the actual students had already scattered. Not to delegitimatize the misconduct of the counter protesters.
>>
>>155340
man, screw dylan roof
>>
>>155891
they always will
moot fucked up
bigly
>>
>>155882
you're both fucking americans, you dense fuck. you should sue your school district for failing to teach you how to read
>>
>>155495
>Klansmen
>Having money

Pick one
>>
This board is fucking trash. A mixture of sperglords from /pol/ and sjws from r/politics, holy shit. And the posts are purely burgerstan irrelevancies
>>
>>157577
Instead of bitching about it why not find more international news articles to post. Be the change you want to see.
>>
>KKK members show up targeting a very specific demographic with threats of violence
>Said demographic fights back against that bullshit
>DURR DEY JUST AS BAD AS KKK
Inb4 some more bloo bloo bloo shit about piggies getting assaulted, as if people getting harassed and killed are supposed to take this lying down with flowers in their hair or something.
>>
>>155453
If your dumb ass didn't have the attention span (and intelligence) of a gnat and opened the link provided, you would see the article's headline picture has a dude holding a flag saying KKK with the battle flag on it. Which is the fucking OP image no less.

Wait, don't tell me: next you're gonna say false flag or something.
>>
>>159285
It is pretty fucking easy to dress like Klansmen and spout racist shit without giving away your identity. That is one of the main reasons they designed their uniform the way they did, to maintain anonymity. Not trying to claim this is a false flag operation, just that this is something to keep in mind whenever the Klan is involved in anything.
>>
>>155564
Did you not read the part about the statue being replaced by another to honor enslaved instead? If this statue is an ideological drain on tax coffers because it brings back memories of oppression, how is it showing another statue to show images of triumph over oppression not the same in reverse?
>>
>>155588
In at least as far as my county in Texas is concerned, you can be forced to mow your yard and generally take care of your land if it becomes an eyesore. I don't the exact requirements to have the city enforce it on you, but I've seen it happen with a few semi-abandoned houses outside of town.

There was another town down the road from where I live called Bloomington, it was a notorious shithole until city ordance demanded a lot of it get cleaned up. Several feet tall yards, homes with massive amounts of graffiti falling apart down main street, squatters hiding out, etc.
>>
>>155642
>the US South was maybe the last place in the civilized West to have institutionalized slavery

BULLSHIT

1518 - First direct shipment of slaves from Africa to the Americas

1777 - State of Vermont, an independent Republic after the American Revolution, becomes first sovereign state to abolish slavery

>America, fuck yeah

1780s - Trans-Atlantic slave trade reaches peak

1787 - The Society for the Abolition of the Slave Trade founded in Britain by Granville Sharp and Thomas Clarkson

>w-we don't like s-slavery either! pls notice me

The abolition of slavery began in America. Good job rest of the world for copying a good idea.
>>
>>155588
>or living in a neighborhood that requires you to sign your rights away and follow a set of ordinances

There is literally no such thing as a municipal without "municipal ordinances." If you're not bound by municipalities, then you're leasing state or federal land, and now you don't own the property (in the case of municipalities, while they can fine you and such, they cannot actually evict you or deprive you of the property itself (except in the always-iffy cases of eminent domain).)

The frontier doesn't exist anymore bub. Welcome to the Social Contract.
>>
>>155340

>stand around and shout bullshit
>don't lynch every nigger you see

This is why the White race will die off. Weak beta bitch faggots.
>>
>>159403
Blacks aren't really the problem. They're predicted to remain a steady 13% of the population. Hispanics on the other hand...
>>
>>159471
I find it hard to blame the beaners when when there are scummy businessmen who want cheap, almost slave like labor to work for them without having concern for the employees health. Also, the government does its best to get these future Democrat voters in and provides protection for them via handouts, sanctuary cities, and soft punishments for illegal entry and other crimes committed. The browning of america continues.
>>
>>159403
>proceeds to shout on 4chan

Yes I'm sure you lynch niggers every day.
>>
>>155340
Statue of Robert E. Lee
Robert E. Lee was a moderate. He was even against slavery and Loncoln's first choice before Grant, he only sided with the south because he said he was first and foremost a Virginian and could not go against the wishes of his kin.
>>
>>159471

>niggers dindu nuffin

I never said spics, gooks, kikes, or any other colored subhuman was acceptable in White society, did I?

>>159497

>shout

Words have meanings, nigger.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.