[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump pledges $50 million to help women entrepreneurs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

President Donald Trump said Saturday the U.S. would contribute $50 million to a new World Bank fund conceived by his daughter that aims to help women entrepreneurs access capital and other support.

Ivanka Trump joined World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim on the sidelines of the Group of 20 world leaders' summit in Hamburg, Germany, to launch the Women Entrepreneurs Finance Initiative.

Kim said the fund had raised more than $325 million so far for projects and programs to support women and women-led businesses by improving access to capital and markets, providing technical assistance, training and mentoring, and pushing public policy. The fund grew out of conversations between Ivanka Trump and Kim early in Trump's administration.

"This is not a cute little project," Kim said during a panel discussion, arguing the effort would spur real economic growth.

President Trump, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and German Chancellor Angela Merkel also spoke at the event, where Trump said the fund would help eliminate barriers for women to launch businesses, help transform "millions and millions of lives," and "provide new hope to these women from countless communities all across the world."

"The critical investments we're announcing today will help advance the economic empowerment of women around the world," he said. more in link..

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/trump-pledges-50-million-women-entrepreneurs-48520151
>>
>>155267
Nice story is nice
>>
>>155267
So this "generous" donation is taxpayer money? So instead of people across the country heading off to work and pay their taxes, how about we fund it another way.

We stop Trump playing golf at his resorts.
That would....
- Stop paying his company to house his WH staff who travel with him
- Stop paying the Secret Service for staying at the resort
- Stop paying for the hours of running Air Force One or the motorcades.
- Stop paying for the shutting down of roads, the securing of the routes (eg removal of mail boxes, welding of manhole covers etc)
- Stop the need for snipers on roof tops
- Stop security checks on resort staff
- Stop paying for the security of the Socialite-in-Chief
- Stop paying for all their meals and allowance

The savings beyond 50 million would be YUGE
>>
>>155329
Sounds like it's his own money
>>
>>155330
He said the U.S. would be contributing it, unless he clarifies that sounds an awful lot like tax money.
>>
"President Donald Trump said Saturday the U.S. would contribute $50 million"
>>
>>155333
I guess it's something like a global fund then. Good for PR, not sure what good it will do in reality.
>>
>>155267
>Pledges $700 million for dictatorial african shitholes so they can outbreed the civilized world faster
>Pledges $50 million for actual business shit that pays the wages
Wtf drumpf?
>>
He's the biggest SJW memer president possible.
>>
Is it his money or the Governments?
>>
muh 15 cents
>>
>>155357
Governments i.e. taxpayers
>>
>>155370
Better this than spending it on the Paris Accord
>>
>>155329
Now you are just being petty. Providing seed money for entrepreneurs is a good thing and you are trying to spin it into a negative. Personally I would like it to be funds for ALL entrepreneurs and not just women, but what can you expect when Ivanka is involved in the process.
>>
>>155452
It's not petty to expect tax payer money to go towards services that are beneficial to tax payers at large and not just the president and his crew.

You're taking a valid position and trying to invalidate it, why? What do you have to gain by drinking the kool-aid?
>>
>>155456
The pettiness comes from storming into a thread about something that is a positive for the country and shitting all over it because you don't happen to like the guy who did it. I agree that he should stop wasting money on vacations, but this thread is not about that and the only reason to bring it up is to throw mud on one of the few positive things he has done. While it may be a valid position, contextually it has no place in this thread and I was merely calling that out.
>>
>Excuse me President Trump why are we giving 50m to female entrepreneurs, they hate your guts and directly campaigned against you?
> Why are we encouraging more women to not have children and take male roles in society?
> Ivanka said I could do more creepy game shows with them

Trump has upped the ante in his game of 16D Risk. He knows deep down the business entrepreneurs only want to beat a system rigged against them but they will soon lose interest when things are all set up, it doesn't push the against all odds strong women narrative.
>>
>>155329
Considering someone shot Rep. Scalise and someone tried to assassinate Ivanka, all those things are probobly nessesary.
>>
>>155459
It isn't petty to discuss the spending of taxpayer money in a thread where the president may have pledged to spend 50m of taxpayer money.

At no point in that comment is there any derogatory language, no personal attacks. It's all just facts, tbh. I'm not that guy, BTW. I don't like to play politics in /news/, but you come off as a shill. No one is attacking your president, just suggesting he stop using the money coming from the majority (taxpayers) to benefit the minority (him and his crew).
>>
>>155496
Liberals - free healthcare, college are feasible. Never axe government programs.

Liberals also - the wall and military are a waste of tax money. Wow the president has secret service? Thats expensive. What a jerk, he's using money to promote women entrepreneurship.

Yeah it sounds like you're just upset with him. If Obama did this the left would be singing his praises and you know it.
>>
>>155500
I apologize if I've misled you. I don't necessarily agree with that guy. I just don't see it as petty to bring up his spending in a thread that's talking about his spending. I'm not sure where I stand on whether Trump is right or wrong for any of this.

I had one point to argue and that was just that it is relevant to discuss spending in a thread about spending.
>>
>>155500
That poster sounds conservative not liberal, but I usually don't attack the messenger when I don't like what they're saying, I try and focus on the message.
>>
>>155496
Fine. If you want to cast that broad a net on this topic then it is related. I never claimed that the poster was using derogatory language or posting falsehoods and I agree about how wasteful Trump's trips are. However, his post is the equivalent to finding a thread where a black person performed a good deed and then posting crime statistics and claiming he is an exception. Technically applicable, but not at all the point being discussed.
>>
>>155267
> Trump pledges $50m towards female entrepreneurs
Damn. When Trump spends on strippers, he really spends on strippers. $50m buys a LOT of urine soaked bedsheets.
>>
>>155543
Lol Obama traveled the world for his first 5 months apologizing for American exceptionalism while his wife and daughters took trips across Paris and Madrid ceaslessly. At least he's performing diplomatic and economic trips with an actual purpose, and his family are participating in working out the situation.
>>
>>155543
That's a bit of a reach. A better example would be if there were a thread about Mr.Blackie doing a good deed and then someone posted a comment mentioning the times Mr.Blackie did bad deeds.

That guy didn't compare Trump's 50m pledge to OTHER presidents' spending. He mentioned other times that Trump has spent taxpayer money. That's a lot more relevant than your example with the black guy, because it's the SAME person.
>>
>>155267
>conceived by his daughter
i hope she dies.
>>
>>155267

Good I guess. Hope this isn't some facade like the Carrier deal or stripping the parks department of money and then donating his salary to it to look good.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.