[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tillerson: Trump & Putin agree to disagree on Russian election

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: trumpputinsmiling_070717getty.jpg (30KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
trumpputinsmiling_070717getty.jpg
30KB, 640x360px
President Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin had “positive chemistry” and “connected very quickly” in their first-ever face-to-face meeting in Germany on Friday, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said.

>The meeting was scheduled to last for 30 minutes but went on for more than two hours, Tillerson said, because “there was just such a level of engagement and exchange that neither one of them wanted to stop.”

>At one point, Tillerson described how first lady Melania Trump stuck her head in the door “to see if she could get us out of there.”

>“That didn’t work either,” Tillerson said, laughing.

>During the meeting, Trump confronted Putin about Russian meddling in the United States' 2016 presidential election, something he has been under intense pressure to do.

>Trump broached that topic first, according to Tillerson, and repeatedly pressed Putin on the matter, even as the Russian president denied involvement. The leaders agreed on a bilateral framework to address Russian cyberattacks going forward.

>But if the talk started on a confrontational note, it appears the atmosphere quickly turned more cordial.

>Tillerson’s descriptions of the meeting were in line with photos, which showed Trump and Putin smiling, leaning forward in their chairs and at ease ahead of the high-stakes encounter.

>The meeting could be the start of warming ties between the U.S. and Russia under Trump, turning the page on the tensions that defined the relationship under former President Barack Obama.

>Tillerson signaled that the Trump administration is ready to put the past behind it as it seeks new ways to engage with Russia.

http://thehill.com/policy/international/341025-tillerson-trump-and-putin-had-positive-chemistry
>>
>“There was not a lot of re-litigating the past,” Tillerson said. “I think both of the leaders feel like there's a lot of things in the past that both of us are unhappy about. We're unhappy. They're unhappy. I think the perspective of both of them was, this is a really important relationship. … How do we start making this work? How do we live with one another? How do we work with one another?

>“We simply have to find a way to go forward, and I think that was expressed over and over, multiple times, I think by both presidents.”

>Trump and Putin came to one agreement on Friday.

>The U.S. and Russia, which have been supporting opposing sides in the Syrian civil war, agreed on Friday to a cease-fire in the southwest corner of the country, news of which emerged as the meeting was still underway.

>Briefing reporters afterwards, Tillerson said the U.S. objectives in Syria “are exactly the same” as Russia’s. He indicated that there might be further opportunities for cooperation.

>“There's a lot more commonality to that than there are differences, so we want to build on the commonality and we spent a lot of time talking about next steps,” Tillerson said. “And then where there's differences, we have more work to get together and understand. Maybe they've got the right approach and we've got the wrong approach.”

>Still, Tillerson said Trump communicated to Putin that the government of Syrian President Bashar Assad, which is being propped up by Russia, must go for there to be stability and peace in Syria.

>And further international disagreements linger in Ukraine, where the U.S. is seeking to implement the 2015 Minsk agreement to halt fighting in the Eastern region.

>Ukraine's government has accused Moscow of supporting pro-Russian separatists there, an allegation the Kremlin has denied.
>>
>Furthermore, while Trump broached the issue of campaign meddling, he will be under intense pressure when he returns home to ensure the integrity of U.S. elections and to punish Russia for any violations.

>Putin refused to acknowledge wrongdoing, something that Tillerson acknowledged would continue to hang over U.S.-Russia relations.

>“It's too important to not find a way to move forward,” Tillerson said. “I’m not dismissing the [election meddling] issue in any way, and that is why we've agreed to continue engagement and discussion around how we secure a commitment that the Russian government has no intention of and will not interfere in our affairs in the future.”

>“I think, again, the president's rightly focused on how do we move forward from what may be simply an intractable disagreement at this point,” Tillerson said.

>Obama after the election punished Russia for its meddling by imposing economic sanctions on the country and seizing two Russian compounds in the U.S. that intelligence officials say were used for spying. Obama also expelled 35 Russian diplomats.

>Russia has pressed for the compounds to be returned, but it is unclear whether Trump and Putin discussed the matter on Friday.

>A group of senators on Thursday warned Trump not to return the compounds to Russia, saying such a step would embolden Putin.

>"The return of these two facilities to Russia while the Kremlin refuses to address its influence campaign against the United States would embolden President Vladimir Putin and invite a dangerous escalation in the Kremlin’s destabilizing actions against democracies worldwide," wrote Democratic Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (N.H.) and GOP Sens. Marco Rubio (Fla.) and Johnny Isakson (Ga.).
>>
>I don't know if the Russian government tried to influence our electoral process, but if they did, I've decided to forgive them :^)
>>
>Russian election meddling
>real issues that happen in real life
Pick one.
>>
United States deserves to be undermined because it's foreign policy is terroristic in nature. They are not certainly not a democracy. They are an oligarchy. Their rulers are underhand sociopaths. "you have to take out their families." Only Russia can guide the West Civilization to the future!
>>
>>155292
This, honestly. To the victor go the spoils. The united states are too entitled and have been for a long time. I look forward to when a mighty leader we can actually fear and respect as a person, not an office, is given power over mankind's destiny. And personally, I think Putin is the man for the job.
>>
>>155153
No, Jimboy, Russia did NOT hack into the DNC and Podesta - EVERY part of Russiagate is a LIE, a self-serving fantasy concocted by the Clinton campaign and Crowdstrike to distract from Pedogate, and pushed by the Deep State to further its agenda to plunge us into a global nuclear war to eradicate humankind. That's why Putin and Trump denied any interference.

WAKE UP PEOPLE! WAKE UP, BEFORE IT IS TO LATE!!!
>>
pre-election: "he's going to start ww3 with russia we can't let him get the nuclear codes!!"
post-election: " he's a pawn of russia that's our enemy we should continue our proxy wars with evil Putin"
the cognitive dissonance is astounding from trump haters
I'm not even a trump fan, but I'm a fan of how he's making the establishment and his detractors look even dumber than him somehow, and trump isn't even that smart
>>
>>155298
>he's going to start ww3 with russia we can't let him get the nuclear codes
Absolutely nobody seriously said that. The fears about Trump and nukes was always how he'd deal with China, not Russia (which, looking at how he's reassessed China and has backed down a lot of his rhetoric, seems ridiculous now). There were also people talking about how if Trump appeases, or even aids Russia, that it will increase the chances for a catastrophic war when Russia oversteps it bounds and the West reacts.

Now I did hear, and do continue to hear a lot, about how Clinton would have kicked off a nuclear war with Russia over Syria had she won. But to say that people were talking about how Trump would instigate a war with Putin is just disingenuous.
>>
>>155300
possibly, but it'd be difficult to get the exact statistics as to what percentage people believed what
I do recall the majority of trump detractors fearing that he was a loose cannon that could start war with any superpower along with the claims that he was an x-phobe and misogynist but that could just be me
>>
>>155298
Not the same, people said he would start ww3 due to how shit he is at politics and generally interacting with people, but then once he started praising Putin and generally saying positive things about Russia, it changed to potential collusion.
>>155300
Clinton starting ww3 was almost purely coming from /Pol/ really.
>>
I really want to punch a leftist. They prefer War over peace. Trumps trying his best to have a relationship with Russia and Putin, to work together for world peace like Syria, North Korea ect. Despite all the fake news media saying Russia hacked our election and all that nonsense, trying to make excuses why Hillary lost. when its been proven Russia did no such thing. Russia even helped prove by giving evidence that there was no hack. The liberals corruption got exposed because of John Podesta who used a weak password for his email account which was p@ssword and Seth Rich gave all the email data to Wikileaks. Who are heroes of the Truth no matter where it comes from or who it exposes.

Now Wikileaks are being painted as being Russian owned by the deranged leftists which is hypocrisy because the left once loved Wikileaks during the Bush era. Exposing Bush and republican crimes. Wikileaks were painted as heroes then. But since exposing the DNC they are now Russian puppets. If you are on the left, you and your loved ones deserve the fury of God.
>>
>>155570
>I really want to punch a leftist

What a great way to be taken seriously. Let's show the world that the leftist boogeyman is the real bad guy here... by punching anyone who disagrees with you.
>>
>>155402
>Clinton starting ww3 was almost purely coming from /Pol/ really.
I see the critique off of 4chan and coming from Bernie supporters too. Actually, I noticed that there seems to be many Bernie supporters who parrot a lot of /pol/ talking points (like Pizzagate, Deep State trying to start WWIII, Russiagate is just cover for Clinton, Soros, and Seth Rich). I should know since I'm a Clinton hating Bernie supporter.
>>
>>155572
Yeah. It's kinda weird that it's sometimes difficult to tell the difference between a progressive and an alt-right poster. Like I sometimes watch Secular Talk or BPS, and the comments are sprouting the same conspiracy theories even though one is a lefty channel, and one very much alt-right. They're both very angry, both view the US/globalism as the supreme cause of evil, and will believe any opinion or conspiracy that is contrary to the US's or its allies. I don't think the US is completely honest, and I am very skeptical of our government at times, but that doesn't mean that I just assume anything the government says is propaganda or a lie. Some of these people are so redpilled that they believe North Korea are good guys just because the US is opposed to it. The only difference is in who they support.
>>
>>155575
And by this, I don't mean Kyle is angry or totally disbelieving, just the people in his comment section.
>>
>>155170
Dis
>>155571
Most political comes from leftists violence you fucking retard

He's just making an expression. Whty are liberals so vapid? Are you just stupid?
>>
>>155571
You mean like the left always praises and celebrates things like "punch a nazi" with nazi being everyone they don't like? How about the right starts acting like the left has been acting for years. It would be back to 1933 Germany like the left has been fearmongering forever while it is them that are the brownshirts intimidating and threatening undesireables with violence, they just give themselves nicer names like "antifa".
>>
If someone colludes with Russia to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, I support them 100% -- Every American Should!
>>
>>155170
Why not both?
>>
>>155901
Because lies and denial are the nature of the American.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.