[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stalin tops Putin in Russian poll of greatest historical figures

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

Russians have picked Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin as the greatest figure in history, a new poll said Monday, beating President Vladimir Putin into joint second alongside poet Alexander Pushkin.
In the poll conducted in April by the Levada Centre independent pollster, Russians were asked to pick the ten greatest individuals of all time.
Stalin came out on top with 38 percent, while Putin shared second place on 34 percent with Russia's beloved national bard Pushkin.
Revolutionary Vladimir Lenin, Tsar Peter the Great and first man in space Yury Gagarin came next in the list of 20 people, with Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev in last place on six percent.
The list includes famed statesmen, writers and scientists but only three foreigners: Napoleon Bonaparte, Albert Einstein, and Isaac Newton.
Stalin topped a similar poll back in 2012 with an even higher score as Russians focus on his role in winning World War II rather the millions who were executed or sent to prison camps under his rule.
Putin's percentage was the highest since he began appearing in the poll in 2003.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/stalin-tops-putin-russian-poll-greatest-historical-figures-110751136.html
>>
>>153181

and? Hitler is most popular one in Israel and Anglo Saxon colonies..
>>
>>153181
what'd be a lot more useful to analyze is if an age demographic was included. There is definitely an honor among Russians to be known for being the ones to beat Hitler and the Nazis.
>>
>>153181
Is that our fault?
>>
>>153181
wheres mummy?
>>
Good. Fuck Russia. Second cancer only to USA.
>>
>>153606
probably
>>
I never got Stalin worship. Does the current government promote it because of the "Russia strong!" meme and examining how much of a tyrant and asshole he was would draw uncomfortable parallels with Putin?
>>
Even after Holodomor and all the millions of Ukranians starved to death, after all the untold millions killed during the reign of Stalinism, they still love the guy because he didn't give a fuck what the rest of the world wanted.
>>
>>154085
Many Russians still have feelings of nostalgia about the Soviet Union, apparently over 50%.

https://img.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/files/2016/12/2300.jpg
>>
>>154087
Degenerate Masochists.
>>
>>153184
Bad people sometimes have the greatest historical impact, not sure why this is surprising. I'm sure nearly every country in 500 AD would list Attila the Hun as one of the greatest historical figures, considering just how much he destabilized Europe.
>>
>>154260
Suffering builds strength.
>>
>>153181
I agree. Stalin was a real hero! He was led the country in difficult time, made from agricultural country to the powerful industrial complex, saved their country and Europe from the Nazis, and defended freedom from the American occupation.
1940-th year. The army of France has 3 million and 300 thousand soldiers. France has the best line of defense, and a twofold superiority in tanks and aircraft. The army of Germany and Italy was have only 3 million 350 thousand soldiers. 1 Month and all of France is defeated. The whole population of France turned into powerless cattle, all property was seized for German purposes.
1941-th year. Germany has 5 million soldiers and officers. Germany's allies, in total, have at their disposal 2 million people. The number of Soviet army in 1941 year, only 2 million 500 thousand people. Germany makes a treacherous attack without Declaration of war, but in the early days faced with serious resistance. The Soviet army does not surrender, the Soviet soldiers are ready to fight even with his bare hands. The German blitzkrieg meets heavy tanks KV-1 and the newest T-34 tanks. The German army in shock, "stupid Russians" have more advanced technology.
Stalin just attaboy. He outsmarted not only Hitler, but Churchill and Roosevelt.
>>
stalin spoke Russian like shit haha
>>
How? Fucking how? Do these people not know about the murder on an unthinkable scale he committed? Or the horrors of the gulag?

This is hideous and terrifying. Be ever wary of the communist, he is the true enemy.
>>
>>154349

have you ever tough that there must be people who know more than the shit you are feed on anti-communist medias?
>>
>>154349
If you want to know why people support Stalin, gulags and all, go to /pol/ for a full minute, replace "Hitler" with "Stalin" and "Race Purity" with "Class Warfare".
>>
>>154349
You're a fool? During the reign of Stalin repression suffered 3 million 700 thousand people. Lost property (dispossessed for the support of the white guard) about 3 million people. Sent to Kazakhstan and to the North about 2 million people. Were sentenced to death only 650 thousand prisoners. And it's all. To death sentenced only criminals, traitors, potential competitors of Stalin and corrupt officials.
And how many people killed the American justice system over the past 100 years? 6 million people?! "The most humane" country in the world still using the death penalty. Kek.
>>
>>154402
>when retarded slav trash tries to speak the white man's tongue

Don't even bother you drunken piece of expendable shit
>>
>>154424

no offense but soviet union laws were much more human than american. when in soviet union gays were send to labor for -3 years in USA they went to prison for 15 years.

racism and holly shit you have fuciing starvation and mullions murdered just decade in the middle east. comparing USA with Soviet Union is like comparing filthy shit eating hobo with balerina from bolshoj theatre.
>>
>>154402
I had a really hard time reading the large grammatical error of a post you just wrote.
>>
>>154452

and?
>>
>>154349
It's not too much of a stretch to believe that most *average Russians don't know the extent of Stalin's crimes, for lack of it in school curricula. In China they barely learn anything about Mao's Cultural Revolution beyond the ideological goals -- nothing about the actual implementation and effects -- though in fairness they do find out a little about how Mao was not a God and went kinda nutty in his late life, as I discovered from my Chinese friends.

Kids in school in Ireland don't learn about the Troubles yet apparently. I had to tell some high school 11th-yr girls I met visiting the US once that people actually died.

I would have thought kids would start learning all about the shit with Stalin since deStalinization basically was never overturned since Khrushchev, and then with the fall of Communism there's no danger of making the youth unsoviet or whatever. But it's still possible they still don't teach the full extent of Stalin's shit in most Russian schools, especially if the teachers themselves have only ever learned through the Russian public education system, and so would not teach beyond what they know and what's in the textbook.
>>
They voted for Stalin rather than Putin.

#prayer4russia
>>
>>154634
Under Stalin there was corruption, it was absolutely free education and medicine, the country was fully independent. Naturally, his achievements will be remembered for a very long time.
>>
>>154452
I'm not a nigger, that would be good to know English. My country is bigger than Pluto, it will fit 6 Europe... In my country not use English, so I'm not trying to good teach him.
>>
>>154551
Meh, some Americans write books about Stalin that were published after the fall of the USSR that claim he personally killed 50 million or some nonsense. Yeah, seems plausible out of a country of 250 million and no one seemed to have an issue and somehow still remained a super power? Funny how we just eat up our own propaganda without ever questioning it.
>>
>>154402
>Only 650,000 people sent to die

You forgot all the people who froze to death in the Gulags like poet Osip Mandlestam. What was his crime?
Writing a satirical poem.

Nikolai Punin's crime was calling the thousands of Lenin portraits "tasteless."

Sergei Eisenstein almost was sent for Ivan the Terrible Part II because it made Stalin uncomfortable to see his behavior played out in historical allegory.

Those figures don't even take into account people extrajudicially murdered or Holodomor which killed 7 to 10 million by famine.

The Stalin era was a time of terror. As for the American justice system, the only figure I could find is 1,400 executed since 1976. Nowhere close to 650k or 6 million for that matter. Face it Ruskie, you're barbarians.

>>154449
>Labor camps were more humane than American prisons

"One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich" and "Kolyma Tales" paints a much different story. Especially if you were sent to the gold mines, those were death camps.
>>
>>154719
>Osip Mandlestam
>froze

>in real life camp guards found him beaten to death by his colleagues because he stole their alcohol. he was put into cold to prevent the cadaver being rotten away until guards got 2 weeks later the doctor from 300 kilometers distance town to exhumation

top kek. jews at finest.. they demand warm water loos in fucking prison camp which is build on frontier. in a same time when prisoned gays in USA were literally rotten or cooked alive in the middle of million towns.
>>
>>154719
>"One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich" and "Kolyma Tales" paints a much different story

lol.. you are believing the shit which was published by traitors who were literally ordered to invent horror histories against Soviets?

damn.. its so hillarious
>>
>>154308
And then killed a few million of his own people
>>
>>154449
Is this bait
>>
>>154658
Are you drunk?
>>
>>154738
These guys are
>>154733
>>154728
>>
>>154719
>You forgot all the people who froze to death in the Gulags like poet Osip Mandlestam. What was his crime?
He was involved in illegal campaigning of the population. His action was comparable to the propaganda of Nazism, terrorism or homosexuality. In addition, I want to note that he was repeatedly warned.

>Nikolai Punin
Was suspected of promoting terrorism (the case is still classified).

>Holodomor which killed 7 to 10 million by famine.
The Holodomor is a myth.At that time, the famine was not only in the USSR but in the USA, and Germany. The Soviet Union quickly provided assistance to Ukraine, if the "evil Communists" wanted to exterminate the Ukrainians - would all be dead.
According to latest research, from famine in Ukraine killed no more than a million people. This is largely the fault of the Ukrainian farmers who refused collectivization policies and slaughtered cattle (they was didn't want to transfer to farms livestock).
>>
>>154085
Russian personality cult coupled with him winning the Great Patriotic War, which id assume is the reasoning why.
>>
>>154658
>Russia is six times bigger than Europe!
Russian education everybody.
>>
>>154946
Russian shill confirmed.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.