[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Illegal about to get $200k for authorities doing their job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: spic goblins.jpg (83KB, 648x454px) Image search: [Google]
spic goblins.jpg
83KB, 648x454px
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/06/28/san-francisco-pay-undocumented-immigrant-sanctuary-policy/

>San Francisco taxpayers could soon pay $190,000 in a lawsuit settlement with an undocumented immigrant who claimed he was reported to federal immigration authorities in violation of the city’s sanctuary city ordinance, the City Attorney’s office confirms to KPIX5.
>>
>>152896
Me in the back.
>>
>>152896
Meh, fuck San Francisco
>>
>>152896
Are Californians fucking retarded?

These people don't even like America
>>
>>153001
Who? The guy who sued?
>>
>>153003
They make a city law that goes against federal law (Makin it effectivley bunk) and now an Illegal is suing the city for not ensuring he wouldn't be caught breaking federal law.

It's so fucking stupid it hurts to think about. California is run by fart smelling cone sitters.
>>
>>153007
There's no federal law requiring local officials to call immigration. Not going to say CA isn't stupid... it most definitely is, the Bay Area doubly so... but don't make yourself look like a fucking idiot by claiming that the city's laws directly went against the feds. Because you look like a fucking idiot. Your argument lies elsewhere, young padawan.
>>
>>153045
Enjoying the condeceding dick steryotype.

But yeah there's no federal law requiring local officials to call ICE - but there aren't requirements for local officials to NOT call ICE. Sanctuary City policy is policy. This guy has no right to sue - top that off with the fact that he's illegal. So he's basically a moron.
>>
>>153049
Why, thank you, I will. I won't even point out your typo, there.

There are rules telling that cop he couldn't do that. Local officials run by local laws; for example, Sanctuary City laws saying, no, you can't do that. It IS law, by the way, not just policy, has been since 2013. So the local cop broke the local law. Federal jurisdictions run very differently, and as much as a federal agency like ICE might WANT local cops to call them in cases like this, they can't force them. They have no authority, nor do they offer any protection. The city can be sued under its own laws, because not all lawsuits are handled by federal courts. So, local cop contacts an otherwise uninvolved federal agency, followed by unnecessary detainment perpetrated specifically to enable his detention by federal agents. All that was illegal under the local law. This is the basis of the lawsuit.

The guy's immigration status doesn't prevent him from being a plaintiff in a lawsuit. Who he's suing is irrelevant, so long has he has legitimate grievance under the law... and the legitimacy of his grievance is determined by the law itself, not any jackass's opinion. (Unless, of course, such jackasses decided to go vote the local officials out of office, as per the Constitution of our little representative republic here.)
>>
>>153054

>So you're legally not allowed to follow federal protocol as an employee of the state? Isn't that a little sketch? Even as a concerned citizen, it's not against the law in a sanctuary city to call ICE, it litterally can't be.

>Are local and state governments even allowed to make laws on immigration, which is federal jurisdiction? Wasn't Arizona shit on for doing that?

>The law is dumb and doesn't make sense btw
>>
>>153066
LOL. Ok, kiddo. The Feds and the local government operate based on different rules. I know the media makes it seem like the FBI are the local cop's bosses, but they're not. See, what we have here is a federal system, wherein there are a set of federal laws, and a set of state laws. The two come into conflict all the time.

Government employees quite frequently have limitations put on their actions as citizens, as sometimes the things a free citizen does could be involved in an abuse of power. For example, you could give me a laptop, since we're both private citizens. Were I a gov employee, that becomes a problem- it might be seen as a bribe or an attempt to induce favorable treatment. When you sign up to work for the government, you agree to abide by limitations on your behavior, as set by whatever group of laws your employment falls under. Federal employees in San Fran would have no such limitation, for example. It's LOCAL employees that have to abide by local laws about how they act.

Local states can make laws on immigration, but it tends to be one of those conflict points. AZ's SB1070 wasn't in violation of federal law, the state gov didn't get in trouble there, it was public opinion that shit all over it. Citizens bitched, people from all over the country bitched, companies afraid of losing business because of their association with the state bitched, and the Obama administration bitched... but do you know what didn't happen? The Obama administration doing anything. Why? Because they had no authority to stop it. Same thing with Trump being pissed about San Fran.

Notice that nothing's being done, despite the rhetoric, because the current administration CAN'T do anything until a lawyer finds a loophole. They'll probably resort to cutting federal funding, it's how they force local govs to do federal bidding (It's how they made the drinking age 21 nationwide).
>>
>>153134
Umm, sweetie. You're full of shit.
>>
>>153147
Ah. I see nobody passed civics. Pray tell, where am I wrong?
>>
>>153152
Santuary cities municipal policies include prohibiting police or city employees from questioning people about their immigration status and refusing requests by federal immigration authorities to detain people beyond their release date, if they were jailed for breaking local law. Such policies can be set expressly in law (de jure) or observed in practice (de facto) but the designation "sanctuary city" does not have a precise legal definition. The Sanctuary State Bill (SB54) passed by the California state Government specifies that sanctuary states do not violate the statute that maintains communication between local and state governments and the department of homeland security."

Basically, sanctuary cities are city policies and cannot have any strict legal ramifications in reporting of. Illegals because federal law expressly dictates in the Illegal Immigration Act of 1996 that the state cannot interfere with federal cooperation or communication with the state or local city governments.
>>
>>153157
Nice, you looked up the first paragraph of the wikipedia article. Do you know what fucking "de jure" means? San Francisco is de jure. As in, by law, specifically in San Francisco, irrelevant to the CA statute. They passed it, into local law, in 2013.

City laws apply to employees thereof. As in, cops. If the city passes a law saying a cop can't do something, he can't, just like when it tells me I can't smoke in a bar. It kinda how laws work.

Federal law does not trump state law, and when they act like it does, fights break out. This is gearing up to be one of them. As it stands, the feds aren't involved.

And you SERIOUSLY misunderstand the way the Illegal Immigration Act works. Local law enforcement does NOT get to act as immigration, nor are there any requirements for them to cooperate. The attorney general can talk to them and ask nice, but that's about it. If they don't want to cooperate in rounding up non-felon illegals, they don't have to.

This guy's record had a single DUI from over two years prior on it. Not exactly a dangerous felon, unless you're the sort who's suddenly going to make a big fucking deal over drunk driving because it's suddenly become politically expedient. Thus, since we're not dealing with a criminal, local law enforcement has NO LEGAL REASON to detain him, let alone contact ICE, when he comes in to report his fucking car as stolen.

Do you get it now?
>>
I don't want local police concerned with immigration enforcement..
Local police should exist to focus on provide stability and harmony for life in my neighborhood and I want everyone to be willing to trust them and report criminality, whatever their documentation status.
We have federal agents for a reason and they should focus on enforcing federal law like immigration.
>>
>>153167
>No legal reason to detain him, not a criminal
Except he's an Illegal immigrant ya fool ie criminal

>Federal law does not trump state law
Wrong!

>illegal Immigration Act doesn't require cooperation
Wrong!

Sanctuary City law is city policy ya goon. It has nothing on federal jurisdiction on immingration (which only the feds handle)

You're a classic educated idiot, get fucked
>>
If the new law is pas qquickly i senate then that dudes gonna get screwed
>>
>>153177
>he crows, while typing out a glorified 'NO U'

Ignorance truly is bliss. One never has to struggle with the possibility they might be wrong.
>>
>>153177
Wow, what great assertions backed by fuck-all. You know reality doesn't go away just because you yell at it, right?

Also: SF Admin Code 12H-12-I:
No department, agency, commission, officer, or employee of the City and County of San Francisco shall use any City funds or
resources to assist in the enforcement of Federal immigration law or to gather or disseminate information regarding release status of
individuals or any other such personal information as defined in Chapter 12I in the City and County of San Francisco unless such
assistance is required by Federal or State statute, regulation, or court decision. The prohibition set forth in this Chapter 12H shall
include, but shall not be limited to:
(a) Assisting or cooperating, in one's official capacity, with any investigation, detention, or arrest procedures, public or clandestine,
conducted by the Federal agency charged with enforcement of the Federal immigration law and relating to alleged violations of the
civil provisions of the Federal immigration law, except as permitted under Administrative Code Section 12I.3.
(b) Assisting or cooperating, in one's official capacity, with any investigation, surveillance, or gathering of information conducted by
foreign governments, except for cooperation related to an alleged violation of City and County, State, or Federal criminal laws.

Now, I KNOW you think that immigration status here makes him a criminal, but I keep trying to fucking tell you that's one of those sticking points between locals and feds.
>>
>>153177
Also: Nice to see you consider "educated" an insult.
>>
>>153177
You're the type of person who would read "I'm a dumbass" on live tv
>>
>>152896
Could this be the case that forces the sanctuary city issue to get a ruling by the Supreme Court?
>>
>>153283
Naw, I'm
>>153045
>>153054
>>153134
>>153167
>>153187
and
>>153188
because it wouldn't be a proper 4chan discussion if I used proper arguments and citations but never stooped to insult-throwing.
>>
You stupid Americans, your country is going to shit because of the Libs
>>
>>153357
Lol "proper 4chan discussion"
>>
>>152896
Deport him and deport his lawyers.
>>
>>152896
Mi en el lado derecho
>>
>>152896
Hopefully he gets deported before the the suit goes to trial.
>>
>>152896
>city’s sanctuary city ordinance

The SF city government needs to be arrested for treason.
>>
>>154145
Did you TL;DR the last discussion about federal and state laws? It's San Francisco's rightful prerogative to handle this criminal, not the Feds; I though conservatives would be able to understand this, being such ardent champions of 'states' rights'.

Oh, right, you don't like them when they stop the Redditor-in-Chief from getting his way, eh? Hypocrite.
>>
>>154178
Libs always love state laws when theyre (((progressive))) and hate them when they aren't
>>
thats the only thing people from this piece of shit country are good for. do fuck shit and then cry like a fucking bitch when you face consequences. all from the educational system that teaches you that the world owns you shit.
>>
>>154197
Leaaaavvvveeee theeeennn
>>
>>154178
so if all the libertarians moved to Idaho and made it a sanctuary for tax evaders you'd be ok with this
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.