[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Nancy Pelosi worth the trouble?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: mad.png (150KB, 700x615px) Image search: [Google]
mad.png
150KB, 700x615px
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/23/donald-trump-it-would-be-a-sad-day-for-republicans-if-nancy-pelosi-steps-down.html

President Donald Trump said he hopes House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi does not step down from her post.
In an appearance on "Fox & Friends" that aired on Friday, Trump said he would like Pelosi to stay right where she is because she has an "extraordinary record against her."
"It would be a very, very sad day for Republicans if she steps down. I would be very disappointed if she did," Trump said.
The comment came after some Democrats on Thursday called for Pelosi to step down in the wake of special election losses this year, including a high-profile race in Georgia on Tuesday.
Republican Karen Handel beat Democrat Jon Ossoff in the race for the Georgia seat vacated by Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price, dashing Democratic hopes to pull off an upset in the runup to the 2018 midterm elections.
The two campaigns and outside groups supporting and opposing the candidates shelled out at least $36 million, including more than $22 million from Ossoff's campaign.
Pelosi, speaking to reporters on Thursday, said she's confident she has the support in her caucus.

Posting some Opeds and related articles from spidr as well, because this is likely the best board for a level headed discussion about this.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/2017/06/23/dems039_real_problem_pelosi_is_their_true_face_413763.html

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/2017/06/23/trump_hatred_doesn039t_deliver_democrats_any_victories_413781.html

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/22/politics/nancy-pelosi-not-going/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+CNN+-+Top+Stories%29
>>
She has outlived her (((usefulness))). They will replace her soon with another puppet.
>>
>Kennedy: Pelosi Is 'Like a Zombie Vampire' Who Won't Relinquish Power

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/06/26/nancy-pelosi-future-democratic-leader-republicans-planning-2018-midterms-strategy

Not sure how I feel about zombie vampires.
>>
>>151555

The GOP absolutely loathes Pelosi because she is an extremely effective speaker. Paul Ryan would give a testicle to even approach her competency. After the Dem's lost the 60th senate seat in the 111th congress, it was her who managed to drive the ACA bill home, whip up the votes and do so effectively. A house has never been run smoother with a speaker under it, resulting in the 111th as one of the most legislatively active congresses in history.

That being said, she is an elderly woman from San Francisco, symbolizing what the GOP hates on the surface, consequentially coupling their hatred of her as an effective speaker. Replay soundbites out of context, demonize her as "le evhul libruhls out to duhstroy 'murica amiright gaiz" is usually all it takes today to rally a base against someone.

Under her the budget through September included some extremely Democratic-party stipulations. Coupled with a fractured, bickering GOP, the Democrats are in the minority yet somehow a force to be reckoned with.

1) Explicit restrictions blocking the border wall
2) Increases in non defense domestic spending
3) Increased funding for the National Institute of health
4) No staff cuts to the EPA and only a 1% cut in their budget
5) No defunding of Planned Parenthood
6) Less than half of Trump's proposed military spending
7) Continuing to pay ACA subsidies

So, no, ousting her would be a bad idea just like the reasoning that the GOP should oust McConnell because he's an effective senate leader. I would be in favor of "technically" ousting her, promoting a white male from the Midwest to pose as a figurehead while she runs the background operations. If the GOP tells you hate to something, it's probably because it's an effective wedge in keeping them from passing their agenda.
>>
>>152309

In addition, it's pretty laughable that you're pointing to a 19 point Democrat swing turning a super safe GOP seat into a near swing sweat in Georgia is somehow indicative of poor speaker skills. I personally don't think special elections are significant to the degree we can accurately predict which way midterms will trend, but the Dems have been over performing in all of them, seats that are usually vacated because they are low investment safe seats that require little competition.

The GOP has to attempt at least a SWING. Their own health care bill barely musters majority approval within their own constituents, GOP constituent satisfaction is down under the majority despite owning all three branches of congress, Trump's "strong approval" ratings are diminishing into lackluster support, and the Dems are PISSED. Something needs to be put on the table besides a SCOTUS appointment which a conservative teenager in high school with a cabinet behind him could do.
>>
>>151555
>"It would be a very, very sad day for Republicans if she steps down. I would be very disappointed if she did,"
Trump is terrible at bluffing.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.