[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In Trump Era, the Mean Streak of the Celebrity Liberal Is Out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 1

File: 1497080595119.jpg (644KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1497080595119.jpg
644KB, 3000x2000px
Want to understand what is wrong with the American left these days? Watch Chelsea Handler rant on her Netflix show.

The progessive comic’s latest painfully unfunny monologue was a full four minute rant ripping into Ivanka Trump, the President and even her own father, while neglecting to make a single coherent political point.

Like so many others—left-leaning mainstream media pundits, newscasters, celebrities and comedians—Handler uses vile language, puerile toilet humor, crass incest innuendo and utter disrespect not only toward the President and his daughter, but toward her own family. Yet her ”edginess” is more desperate than most celebrity ‘Resistance’ liberals.

This type of insulting language by progressives is so strikingly common nowadays that it no longer has any shock value. Once you strip away the facile attempt to be cool, edgy or hip by using insults and four-letter words all you’re actually left with is an angry woman being crass, crude and downright disgusting.

Let’s not pretend that sneering diatribes by Handler and her ilk are anything new. Progressivism has dominated the media and driven popular culture ever since the 1960s. But the abuse has increased in its shrillness and shocking tone since Donald Trump became President.

What may have begun as questioning the status quo and the establishment has now descended into an all-out assault on civility, decency and morality. Anyone with a conservative viewpoint is considered a deserving target of the Left’s attack dogs.

Liberal celebrities now vent fury with smug, self-righteous glee on national TV, on newer venues like Netflix and Amazon, and in the old print media. In place of sophisticated political satire or any attempt at arguing ideas in an informed manner, the cultural apparatchiks of the media/entertainment complex have instead adopted the put-down tactics of 14 year old bullies.

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/in-trump-era-the-mean-streak-of-the-celebrity-liberal-is-out-of-control/
>>
They use lame insults and f-bombs to both amuse their fan base and to shut down any attempt at rational debate.

Some examples:

Actress Patti LuPone recently said on live TV on the Tony Awards red carpet that Trump shouldn’t see her show: “Well I hope he doesn’t, because I won’t perform if he does…Because I hate the motherf—er. How’s that?”
CBS talk show host Stephen Colbert: “The only thing [Trump’s] mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin’s c*ck holster.”
HBO’s Bill Maher speaking to Gabriel Sherman of New York magazine, used suggestive hand gestures to insinuate that Ivanka performs sex acts on her father.
CNN’s Anderson Cooper to Jeff Lord: “If [Trump] took a dump on your desk, you would defend him.”
Director Joss Whedon: “I want a rhino to f*ck [Paul] Ryan to death with its horn because it’s funny.”
When in 2008 Sandra Bernhard expressed hope that Sarah Palin was “gang raped in NYC by my black brothers.” The Washington Post called it—the left’s favorite word—“edgy”! Now such sentiments are increasing in number and frequency.

It’s not as if these celebrity interventions are effective. Doomed Democratic candidate Jon Ossoff enjoyed support from Samuel L. Jackson, Jane Fonda, George Takei and, of course, Handler. He still lost the Georgia House race. Ossoff even pathetically confessed to MSNBC’ s Nicole Wallace: “Celebrities across the country? That’s not what animates people in Georgia. ”

Furthermore, these guilt-ridden pop-cultural progressive influencers of Western culture obscure the fact that they are part of an obscenely wealthy elite by directing envy and class rage away from themselves and onto anyone seen as promoting conservative values or beliefs.

Those who are untouched by the average person’s reality preach to their audience that walls are wrong, before driving home to their gated communities or guarded mansions. Yet they believe that crass comments and personal insults make them “down with the people”.
>>
Perhaps they’re hoping that if there is a real revolution, the starving masses will burn down their Beverly Hills and Hamptons homes last!

I keep hoping their followers will grow up and see the light; that Handler and Colbert and the others will check their own moral compass, mislaid by all that vile abuse, before prioritizing helping the poor, fighting injustice and making the world a better place.

But it seems that sneering cruel sarcastic variants of President Obama’s 2008 comment that midwest voters “cling to guns or religion” are now the default setting in the battle of ideas.

I’m not sure how we as a society deal with this kind of visceral hatred. But with every Handler rant and every Colbert crudity another brick drops from the wall that holds the center together. When that wall collapses no amount of sneering opinion pieces, foul-mouthed rants or abusive put-downs will be able to fix things.

The final irony is that the mega-rich wanna-be revolutionaries of the cultural-media class love to preach the virtues of positive discrimination but they might soon find out societal chaos is an equal opportunity destroyer of peoples lives.
>>
>people are being mean, waah waah
>i care so much about what celebrities say, boo hoo
>comedians aren't political philosophers, how can i survive in this world
>>
>>151127
>When in 2008 Sandra Bernhard expressed hope that Sarah Palin was “gang raped in NYC by my black brothers.”
She was really paraphrasing Mel Gibson's rant about a pick of neegers.
>>
go tell the fags that care
>>>/pol/
>>
I guarantee right now on this website I can find someone talking about how whiny liberals are
>>
>>151143
Found the whiny liberal
>>
god damn Americans need to grow up
>>
>>151126
you forgot to post about a legit news article.
>>
not news

>>>/pol/
>>
>>151126
Death to the commies.
>>
Never disturb your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Let the Commies continue to spew their hate and show the world who they are. It 's been working phenomenally so far. People are rating CNN lower than ISIS and they elected Trump.
>>
>>151180
>>151176
>>151139
Agreed
>>
>>151143

>a stereotype fulfills itself

Why are you surprised?
>>
Op-Eds are not legit news sources op
>>
>>151126
Opinion pieces are not /news/
>>
>>151126
Communists need to be annihilated.
>>
>>151126
>http://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/muslim-girl-abducted-and-murdered-in-hate-crime-on-her-way-to-mosque-in-virginia-a3568081.html
they gonna keep making money and join the bandwagon.. so these celebs are just being celebrities.. left & right.. both the same actually.. keep fighting like your not though
>>
>>151126

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/06/johnny-depp-trump-last-time-actor-assassinated-president-maybe-time/
>>
>>151126
I would love to see just one of these so-called conservatives actually engage a liberal in a one-on-one debate instead of writing another whiny blog post that they'll never read on some shitty right-wing propaganda website.
>>
>>151127
>HBO’s Bill Maher
Bill Maher isn't even a liberal, this article is full of shit.
>>
>>151499
Debating a liberal is akin to playing chess with a pigeon.
They knock all the pieces down, shit all over the place, and then strut around like they won.
>>
>>151523
>Debating a liberal is akin to playing chess with a pigeon.
>They knock all the pieces down, shit all over the place, and then strut around like they won.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJeugIJFXas
well..
>>
>>151529
Exactly like I was saying, libtard speaking tardish so trump supporters responded in kind.

Thanx for backing me up anon.
;^)
>>
>>151523
>projecting this hard

Give it up.
The minority of voters that put Trump in power are idiots.
>>
>>151539
What about all the socially inept idiots (read sjws)?
Your the one projecting, I'm stating reality.
It was my privilege to show you the light.
>>
>>151540
God you're so fucking dense
I bet your mother wishes she had an abortion instead of you
>>
>>151546
You are good at driving my point anon. I'm being civil and your resorting to insults and slander because your feelings got hurt from the truth, just like the majority of all liberals. Please see my reference here >>151499.
>>
>>151550
>>151546
I meant >>151523 not 151499
>>
>>151329
I agree to this. Let the liberals blow the fucking lines out. Let their audiences dwindle (which all evidence says they are) and let me whine and moan about trump like the diapered children they are. It'll go poorly for them I guarantee it.
>>
>>151550
Your composure is typical of conservatives and his personal attacks are typical of liberals. Let them hang themselves.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BW19AzPm4k
>>
>>151671

When is the last time a communist faggot was beaten to death with his dildo? Maybe it's time.
>>
The big ole meany weenies said some big bad words. Boo hoo.
>>
>left
>liberal
>progressive
The burden of proof is on you when making these idiotic claims, in what way do they represent anything but themselves?
Cause they said so?
Nice divide and conquer attempt, as always
>>
>>151750
Why are liberals so dramatic, noone gives a shit
>>
>>151126
>conservatives suddenly upset that liberals are doing that thing the conservatives have been doing to others without remorse for 8 years straight
When did everybody suddenly develop the need to be butthurt 24/7
>>
>Shills, Shills Everywhere

Its blatantly obvious to me and I don't even like the guy but I'm starting to hate liberals and you people are the reason why. I was looking forward to a serious discussion on this topic from either side but its more the same. You can all go to hell
>>
>>151810
>noone gives a shit
than why this thread?
>>
>>151814
Idk why respond to it
>>
>>151126
buttblasted assclown detected.
>>
>>151821
>buttblasted assclown
rude
Instead you should say rump hurting butty joker it is much more polite.
>>
>>151341
Cuck
>>
>>151126
yeh
>>
>>151126
That this is an overtly biased editorial aside, the takeaway I got was that Trumpers are acting like whiny snowflakes due to their autistic inability to grasp humor.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.