[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dems 0-4 on Special Elections, out $30m on "Trump Referedum"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

http://hosted2.ap.org/APDefault/*/Article_2017-06-21-US--House%20Election-Georgia/id-51f583b53fa74b16a4478847dc5ba35b
http://www.thedailybeast.com/karen-handel-wins-as-jon-ossoff-becomes-latest-democrat-to-lose-special-election-in-the-era-of-trump
>After $50 million and a congressional contest bigger than some presidential primaries, the special election in Georgia’s 6th District to replace Rep. Tom Price ended up where it began, with the House seat still in Republican hands and national Democrats still looking for a way to turn the resistance to Donald Trump into a victory at the polls.

Fully surprised there isn't a single thread on /news/ about any of these elections, let alone GA's 6th.

But then again, this is /news/, so I can guess why. :)
>>
One reason might be that the MSM has blown these elections out of proportion. Despite the drama, there's very little reason to think the Dems would win in this mostly red districts.
>>
>>151014
>One reason might be that the MSM has blown these elections out of proportion.
And as we all know very well, /news/ isn't an MSM echo chamber or anything.
>>
>>151013
Democrats have turned losing into an art form
>>
>>151013
All of that money and even keeping polls open a half hour later than others in mainly Democratic neighborhoods only claiming a "power failure".

And Dems still lost. And why Georgia of all places to try and go blue? Georgia.
>>
Democrats keep losing because they keep apologising for economic liberals. The Republican line is that sensible regulation and a social safety net for the working class is destructive and the democrats' response is to concede that point. "We'd prefer X but we're not going to promise you that because it'll upset the Republican voters we're hoping will defect, and some of our donors want Y tbh" doesn't work. It's very apparent that nobody wants a party without any convictions.
We've tried making concessions to the point of being centrist, but it doesn't work, the Republicans will happily accept all concessions and leave us nothing to show for it.
Obama and the Dems were handed a golden opportunity to put single payer or public option healthcare into law, put our transition to renewable energy into law, to drastically reduce student debt by making state college and trade school attendence free, to have a major public infrastructure push, set a national minimum wage equivalent to livable wage, increase the number of tax brackets and redistribute the revenue to grow the middle class, end our military involvement abroad and cut fossil fuel subsidies. They didn't do any of it, Hillary decided to be economically centrist too. We've still not decided this strategy to be a failure and democratic politicians are still apologising for economic liberals, nobody wants to be represented by folks that apologize for their platform.
>>
>>151028
They're losing because they use race / identity politics and people are sick of it
>>
>>151013
>But then again, this is /news/, so I can guess why. :)
>implying half the people here aren't /pol/acks that grew bored with their shitty containment board.
At least the /pol/ overflow in /news/ is taking some of the pressure off the retardation levels in /sci/.
>>
>>151037
/Pol/ overflow = people who don't fall under leftist group think on /news/

Man you guys get real whiny about /pol/
>>
>>151028
>We've tried making concessions to the point of being centrist
Why are liberals always backwards. Its uncanny.
>>
>>151032
There's something to be said for that but the issue wasn't just focus on race and identity politics from the democrats but a lack of attention to any other matters.
Hillary was seen as an identity politics candidate with no strong position on any other matter.
Her selling point should have unapologetically been a government that's heavy handed in protecting the working class, growing the middle class, modernizing infrastructure and transitioning away from fossil fuel dependence.
Republicans want a night-watchman state, a government that's ineffective in in all of the above but we keep conceding that dems think that is good thing by putting forward candidates that say Republicans have a point and we proceed to offer watered down conservative policies.
>>
>>151051
the american left of today is essentially the right without any of the good things the left has and without any of the good things the right has either, IMO.

i hate the militant left, but i genuinely like the idea of worker's rights, investigating alternate energy options, moderating military adventurism etc.

which is a shame because the american left supports LITERALLY NONE OF THAT. they are bought and paid for shills and hillary was the center of it.

the left lost because the left decided to let queen hillary run and lose, which was a foregone conclusion.
>>
>>151051
Another reason why the Dems lost so hard was that America generally was looking for change and they were the establishment party who put forward Hillary, perhaps the worst combination of shady and ho-hum possible. Look how hard Bernie had to beg his followers before the youth buckled down for the Clinton vote.

I'm a little surprised the Dems haven't gained any seats yet, given the current congress, but maybe the issue is that they're still not seen as being especially competent or trustworthy either.
>>
>>151040
We get people racebaiting or talking about the day of the rope in here all the time, not sure what you're talking about.
When I see someone with conservative views actually attempt to discuss things without bringing up the power of kek, it tends to go well.
It's pretty easy to separate polfags from the people who just want to read and discuss some current events.
>>
>red state for FORTY YEARS
>Thought they were gonna actually go somewhere

Not a republican but holy shit it was retarded.
And yes i agree. The only people blowing these little elections out of proportions are the media hoping for a sensation from both sides.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.