[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Philando Castile shooting: Police car dashcam footage released

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 1

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/20/philando-castile-shooting-police-car-dashcam-footage-released.html

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/17/philando-castile-shooting-black-gun-owners-worried-by-acquittal-in-officer-involved-shooting.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1ac7Zblqyk
>>
>>150896
>how liberals see it
Black guy: for whatever reason did you pull me over sir?
Cop: Fucking Nigger in my country!
Black guy: I will pull my wallet out officer
Cop: GUN!( Shotx7)
>Pol
Cop: license please,
Nigger: ayo ayo I gotz mes a gun
Cop: do not reach for it
Nigger: ( imma shot whitey)
Cop: DON'T( SHOOTx7)
>>
>muh right to bear arms

Didn't do this fella much good.
>>
>>150901
But how did you see it?
>>
>>150896
>Legality is a construct of the powerful — and black Americans are worried how laws and rights of the land affect how minorities are treated by police and society.

>Acknowledging that they have a weapon, they said, can open them up to violence from police, who can then claim they feared for their lives simply because of the presence of a gun, even a legal one.

>Philando Castile was fatally shot by Officer Jeronimo Yanez July 6 in a St. Paul suburb seconds after he told the officer he was armed. Yanez, who is Latino, was acquitted Friday of manslaughter and two lesser charges.involved shooting
Published June 17, 2017 Fox News

>Legality is a construct of the powerful — and black Americans are worried how laws and rights of the land affect how minorities are treated by police and society.

>Acknowledging that they have a weapon, they said, can open them up to violence from police, who can then claim they feared for their lives simply because of the presence of a gun, even a legal one.

>Philando Castile was fatally shot by Officer Jeronimo Yanez July 6 in a St. Paul suburb seconds after he told the officer he was armed. Yanez, who is Latino, was acquitted Friday of manslaughter and two lesser charges.
>>
>>150922

>During the stop, Castile volunteered, "Sir, I have to tell you, I do have a firearm on me."

>Yanez told Castile, "OK, don't reach for it then" and "Don't pull it out."

>On the squad-car video, Castile can be heard saying, "I'm not pulling it out," as Yanez opened fire. Prosecutors said Castile's last words were, "I wasn't reaching for it."

>The verdict "tells African-Americans across the country that they can be killed by police officers with impunity, even when they are following the law," said Rep. Cedric Richmond, a Louisiana Democrat who is chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus.

>The verdict also tells blacks that "the Second Amendment does not apply to them" because Castile "was honest with the officer about having a weapon in the car, and there is no evidence that he attempted to or intended to use the weapon against the officer," the Louisiana Democrat said.

>Licensed gun owner and open-carry advocate Rick Ector of Detroit said stereotypes can cloud the minds of some officers when dealing with black gun owners. Officers may have had previous encounters with people carrying guns illegally — especially young black men. And that experience can carry over, Ector said.

>Once they find out that a black American has a gun permit, "they are not necessarily going to relax, but they now have an idea about your character," Ector said.

>Phillip Smith, head of the National African American Gun Association, said police need additional training to remind them that Second Amendment rights apply to black gun owners as much as anyone else.

>Like several similar cases, Castile's death was shared worldwide on social media. His girlfriend, Diamond Reynolds, livestreamed the aftermath of the shooting on Facebook because, she said, she wanted to make sure the truth was known.

>But videos of black people dying at the hands of police have led to few convictions.
>>
>>150924

>"I'm sure people of color are going to say, and rightfully so, what is the burden of proof for an officer to be" convicted? asked Dwayne Crawford, the executive director of the National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives.

>Only one police officer in recent publicized cases is facing jail time.

>South Carolina officer Michael Slager, who is white, shot black motorist Walter Scott in the back as he fled from a traffic stop. Slager pleaded guilty in May to a federal charge of violating Scott's civil rights, and a judge will determine his sentence, which could range from probation to life in prison without parole.

>Scott's shooting in April 2015 was captured on cellphone video seen worldwide. It contradicted Slager's original statement that Scott had attempted to grab his Taser.

>"This was a clear-cut case of unnecessary, fatal police violence," said Rashad Robinson, executive director of Color Of Change. "District attorneys around the country, from Tulsa to Cleveland to now St. Paul, must be held accountable for their failures to secure justice for victims of police violence."
>>
>>150925
Along with the question of burden of proof necessary for a convinction here, what is a surefire way for someone to exercise their right to concealed carry without risking violence against them during a traffic stop given that it appears as though this guy could neither follow the instructions of the officer to fetch his ID nor avoid placing his hand out of view of the officer from where he was positioned.
Is there any guaranteed way to not be met with violence from a cop mistakenly thinking you could reach for a concealed weapon?
>>
>>150926
Tell the officer you have a fire arm, then offer to leave the vehicle to allow the officer to disarm you for the duration of the stop. Not efficient, but much safer for everyone involved and removes the risk of anyone being shot.
>>
>>150907
>PULL OVER NIGGA
>AYO HOL UP
>>
>>150924
>Castile's last words were, "I wasn't reaching for it."
God Bless America.

>>150950
Well done. You just qualified for hell.
>>
>>150926
The process you learn getting your CC is to give the cop license, CC license and registration, tell the cop you have it, where it is, and keep your hands on the wheel asking the cop how he would like to proceed.

It is important to remember context for this shooting, since it was around the time last year that BLM was going off about "open season on pigs" and all that. The day after was the dallas guy sniping cops if i remember correctly
>>
>>150952
>>150924
From watching the video it sounds like he's saying "Imma pull it out"
also I think they were both high
>>
>>150928
>then offer to leave the vehicle

Umm leaving the vehicle is like the number one thing you are *not* supposed to do at a traffic stop, the thing that will freak the cop out the most. Offering to leave would if anything make the cop even more suspicious -- as soon as the door opens there is a wide open space from which the driver could have concealed or readied a gun or other weapon, or some kind of purposeful distraction could occur like a plate of food or cup of coffee spilling out onto the cop when the door opens, leaving an opening to attack or run. But even if the cop somehow agrees to let the driver out of the vehicle, suddenly he's standing upright with a free range of motion in his arms and legs -- a guy well-trained in martial arts could easily take down a cop in that scenario, and traffic cops are often unpartnered (as this one was).

So no, no cop with training would ever let a person out of the car at a traffic stop unless they were going to immediately slam their face into the hood and cuff them (or unless they were a preppy white kid, as in that infamous juggling dashcam video).

The problem here is obviously shit cop training and shit department policy, and other cops would be the first to agree. Just to take one example of why the training is shitty, the cop should have had at least some knowledge of what the range of possible reactions and movements of a person in a car driver's seat are. The whole point of keeping them in the seat is that it would take them at minimum a half second (if they practiced) to draw (from wherever) and awkwardly aim and shoot out the window with the seatbelt still buckled and hips in place.
>>
>>151074
Fair enough. Was he without a partner in this case? From the transcripts he is speaking with another officer shortly after, though I don't really know if they arrived before or after the shooting.
>>
>>151083
His partner is on the other side of Castiles car in the dash cam video.
>>
Whoever the prosecutor was for this case needs to go back to law school. The evidence presented to the public that the jurors saw quite some time ago clearly displayed an open and shut case of manslaughter. The only way they could have failed this would have been to try and blame the cop for being racist and go digging off in some random direction instead of simply approaching the case in a textbook fashion concerning how a police officer approaches a citizen, primarily one with a CC permit. Literally all they had to say was why didn't the cop scan the car and become aware of CC before that due to database records, or open with a line of questioning which would have allowed the CC permit holder a reasonable method of disclosure prior to giving an order with which they must comply, which is exactly what the law states a CC holder must do with law enforcement? Simply mentioning that pins gross neglect on the part of the officer in his duty, and subsequently makes this a manslaughter. He would not have been in a situation to "fear for his life" had be acted by the book and didn't act jumpy. Not to mention, even if Philando did match the description of a perp wanted for a robbery, it would not have been a smart decision to pull him over, and instead would have been smarter to engage from a distance, especially if you already fear for your life when approaching the car.

This whole bullshit case is being paraded around as race relation bullshit, but nobody really sees what actually just happened here. The courts literally just normalized cops killing legal CC carriers due to a cop being jumpy or neglectful in their opening lines prior to giving orders.

Everyone's just going to keep going back and forth about black this and white that and next thing you know there's going to be military police at everyone's doorstep because nobody wants to stop and think for a second about the deeper meaning to these cases.
>>
>>150924
>>During the stop, Castile volunteered, "Sir, I have to tell you, I do have a firearm on me."
>>Yanez told Castile, "OK, don't reach for it then" and "Don't pull it out."
>>On the squad-car video, Castile can be heard saying, "I'm not pulling it out," as Yanez opened fire. Prosecutors said Castile's last words were, "I wasn't reaching for it."

Then what was Castile reaching for / pulling out, seeing as he had already handed over his drivers license and registration?
>>
>>151118

In fact, the cop even reaches in the open window to try and stop Castile from pulling out the gun, before he steps back and shoots him.

Seems pretty clear to me; Castile fucked up and tried to pull out his gun, despite the cop REPEATEDLY telling him not to pull it out.
>>
>>151109
bingo
>>
>>151118
He only gave him one thing, possibly his insurance card. He was probably going for his license. Yanez already had his gun in his hand though, which doesn't look like it's visible through the car because he has it on his hip.
>>
>>151118
Likely the CC permit he's legally obligated to disclose to an officer either up front or on an asking basis (which makes sense given that the cops pulled up to either side of his vehicle and the state of police-civvy relations at the time - better safe than sorry), as is required of everyone in the United States sans for Georgia and Vermont. Odds are, he doesn't ride around with CC in his glovebox with the license and car registration like any sane person, and had to pull it off of his person where he'd keep it while actually concealed carrying. One can argue that it's Philandos fault for choosing to disclose preemptively, but it's still abssolutely negligent on the part of the officer to have not first scanned or asked if the person in question was carrying or had anything they needed to disclose given that CC is literally something on the books in every state.
>>
>in America this disgusting subhuman 20 year old looking dirty Sanchez virgin mustache lookin goblin mestizo caterpillar eyebrow spic has legal authority over you, can tell you what to do, and then can kill you as a legal gun carrier and keeps his pension

Wow glad I was born in a white country.
>>
>>151128
>Yanez already had his gun in his hand though

Standard police procedure.

But Castile didn't tell the cop he had a concealed pistol license, he just said he had a gun in the car and if a cop is reaching into the car and yelling at you to DON'T PULL IT OUT!!! you stop doing _anything_.

>>151130
>Likely the CC permit he's legally obligated to disclose to an officer either up front or on an asking basis

I'll agree this makes sense (why NOT tell the cop?!) but Minnesota does not have a "must inform" clause in their CPL regulations (though I'd bet they soon will...)

But informing the cop you have a gun does NOT mean reaching for your gun to pull it out and hand it over, unless the cop specifically tells you to do so (and most won't, as handling a gun is dangerous).

My conclusion is that Castile is mostly at fault but the cop deserved to get shit canned (though he's not guilty of manslaughter) for freaking out and shooting.
>>
>>151141
>informing the opportunity you have a gun does not mean reaching for your gun to pull it out and hand it over
Where did he reach for his gun? From what I saw there wasnt any footage showing such, and both he and his passenger stated that he was not reaching for the gun. He was confirmed to have CC Permit on his person, though. Thus he was likely reaching for that, unless we have reason to assume he was lying when the cop informed him not to reach for his gun and he responded that he was not reaching for it in the dashcam video. I seriously can't see how Castille is at fault given that he was complying with orders, informed that he was not reaching for a gun when a cop stated not to reach for a gun, and had a CC Permit. It's more reasonable to assume he was reaching for the permit than the gun, especially considering the circumstances of his being pulled over. He had cops to either side of his vehicle, and if it's true that the cops suspected him of robbery, it's better that he disclosed instead of getting pulled out of the car and the cops finding the gun last minute and assuming the worst.
Not to mention at the end of the day this still boils down to manslaughter simply because of the way the scene was approached. It was totally negligent. There was no avenue for the CC holder to disclose, cop approached with gun drawn, and if this was actually a violent Bank Robbery suspect with a child in the car as a potential hostage, they should have engaged from a distance with the primary focus being to recover the child.

The manslaughter doesn't come from the cop firing and being scared, or assuming the worst when at side of the car when Philando reached. It comes from the gross negligence in his duty prior to the event occuring as mentioned earlier in this post. It's absolutely a negligent manslaughter -- akin to killing a person while driving under the influence.
>>
>>151135
Settle down there, nigger lover
>>
>>151150
> I seriously can't see how Castille is at fault given that he was complying with orders

In the first place, Castile did NOT tell the cop he had a concealed pistol license, he only said had a gun in the car (which is a stupid as fuck thing to say to a cop) and this of course instantly makes the cop wary that Castile is a some gang bang’n nigger.

Secondly, Castile did NOT comply with the orders to DON’T PULL IT OUT! that the cop _repeatedly_ said, even as the cop was reaching in the window to stop Castile from pulling out the gun.

Which Castile admittedly may not have been actually trying to pull out, he might just have been reaching for his concealed pistol license / insurance / registration / drivers license, as it looks like he just handed over one piece of documentation when the cop first spoke to him.

But the cop doesn’t know that, he just heard the guy tell him he had a gun, then the guy starts reaching for [something] and continues reaching even as the cop is yelling at him to stop.

> It's absolutely a negligent manslaughter -- akin to killing a person while driving under the influence.

No, it isn’t and the jury agreed it wasn’t.

Again; when a cop is screaming at you to stop doing whatever the fuck you’re doing, STOP DOING WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU’RE DOING…
>>
>>151156
The cops orders were for license and registration. Castile as a CC holder has a right to disclose his status if he so wishes in the state of Minnesota. He was complying with the orders the cop gave to provide him with the proper certificates and additionally informed the cop that he was NOT reaching for a gun when the cop told him not to reach for a gun. The cop did not at any point say not to show him the CC permit or anything of the nature. He didn't even say to stop moving. He said "don't reach for it then, don't pull it out" in reference to the firearm. The cop had no reason to be that jumpy. And even then, this is a manslaughter, a negligent manslaughter because of the actions which occurred prior to the cop making the call to shoot. There was no avenue for CC holder to disclose, and proper steps were not taken if he truly was an armed robbery suspect with a child in the car.
And just because a jury agreed to something not being a crime doesn't mean it's not a crime. It means that the prosecution failed to properly present their case or that the jurors were idiots (see the OJ Simpson case).
The cop screaming is absolutely beside the point given that it never should have reached that point. He was negligent in his duty as an officer, and the fact that the department chose to totally can his ass instead of giving him leave until the hwat dies down means they likely know this too and are well aware of his procedural fuck up.
>>
>>151158
*heat dies down
>>
>>151158
>He was complying with the orders the cop gave

The orders the cop was SCREAMING at him was "don't pull it out!".

It doesn't matter what Castile _intended_ to pull out, he should stopped doing anything at that point.
>>
>>151169
Yes. Don't pull out the firearm. Which he stated he was not pulling. Again, he has a legal right to choose to disclose his status as CC in Minnesota, and a requirement to do so when asked.
And more importantly, the negligent manslaughter doesn't even have its roots in this part of the case. It's in the parts which occurred leading to the shots. No proper avenue was given for Castile to disclose. Poor judgement was made if he was a armed robbery suspect. If Castile had not disclosed his firearm or permit and the cop found it on his person after pulling him out of the car as an armed robbery suspect, theres no telling how this could have gone down. This is a clear negligent manslaughter. It doesn't matter what the cop says or how much he cries. He has an obligation to act by the book, and his improper actions led to the situation. All he had to do was let the man present his permit. Everyone knows this. This police department know this and that's why they fired him as soon as the trial ended instead of keeping him on board (as legally required when there is nothing you can pin on a government employee as their positions are not at-will). Even the fucking department knew what was up and they fired him. Given that the court ruled that the case wasn't manslaughter as presented, the department legally nailed him on something else not covered in the case. And that was probably his procedural approach to the situation - his negligence which created the negligent manslaughter. The case itself was a trial determining if he committed a second degree, or involuntary, manslaughter and reckless discharge of firearm (which are different from a negligent manslaughter). The wrong charges were pinned on him and the prosecution was likely terrible in their presentation, particularly if they tried to wander down the racism rabbit hole instead of playing this case straight.
>>
>>151172
All the black dude had to do was to fucking listen. All he had to do was to stop reaching down there. All he had to do was fucking stop. Literally all he had to do was to do fucking nothing, and he does the one thing he was told to not do while saying he wasn't doing the thing he was doing that he was told to not do. Yeah, the cop needs some punishment and yeah this fucking blows shit, but why did he keep reaching? This is ignoring him being high as a kite, and this is ignoring any of the previous violations he apparently had (a fuck ton).
>>
>>151178
>All he had to do was to stop reaching down there.
That's speculation based on wishful thinking.
You seem to be assuming the cop had his shit together and would act in a sensible manner.
But we already know that's a baseless assumption.
>>
>>151181
So the problem here is that I am saying he did the thing he was told not to do, which is based on facts while you are saying it (probably) would have happened anyhow which is not based on facts but rather your feelings towards the issue. Don't get me wrong, I know there are bad cops and I know that cops are gonna be unreasonably jumpy right now but I also don't see how I am supposed to have any sort of conversation with "maybes" and "well he woulda got shot anyhow"s, let alone have anysort of dialogue about what happened. The facts are there, the man was high (which does not mean he should be shot, I'm not here to argue marijauana in anyway. It's illegal so it is a point in this), the man had a history, the man said he had a gun, the man disobeyed orders multiple times doing something really fucking stupid. These are facts. I think he should have been tasered and not shot and I do not think the officer should not be an officer anymore, but I do not think that the officer is an evil person who just set out to kill. I can't really add much more to this argument at all, so all I'll say is please don't throw the assuming thing around cause some idiot is gonna come in and say "youre assuming it was gonna happen anyway" and nothing good can come of that. It'll just become about how you and the other person feel, not about what DID happen.
>>
Based analysis!
>>
>>151178
Because this never should have reached this point. All CC holders are registered with the sheriff in a database which should be linked with license plate number and other forms of identification. The cop should have known this. He should have given the driver ability to disclose their CC permit. He shouldn't have gotten jumpy when the driver responded that they were not reaching for the gun as instructed and that they were simply complying with the orders to hand over forms of identification. Again, had he not disclosed this, and the cop asked him to step out of the car for the armed robbery suspicion and then had found the gun on his person, things would have gone downhill. The entire procedural negligence competely supercedes the reaching incident, though his reaching again may have been his complying with the piss poor orders the cop gave. Lastly, whether or not he was high o had violations really is beside the point in this case. If he had any serious violations, he wouldn't have had a legal CCP, so we can rule that out. His being high (if he even was -I have yet to see autopsy proof suggesting his being high at the time of the incident) is totally off mark in this conversation, especially given he was already complying and informed the cop he was not reaching for the gun. Again, a CC permit holder has the right to disclose if they wish and the requirement to disclose when asked in this state. This is complete and total negligence.
>>
>>151184
>i am saying he did the thing he was told not to do, which is based on facts
What facts support that he was reaching for a gun?
>>
>>151187
Yanez did nothing wrong.
>>
>>151187
He was told to stop reaching, he continually did not. What facts, available to the officer during the time the officer was repeatedly telling him to stop reaching, show that he was not reaching for the gun. I've admitted this is a shit show, I've admitted the cop was in the wrong, but I can not say that Castile did no wrong.
>>151186
I agree. I have read from some accounts that he did not have the permit and some that say he did, anyhow I will assume he did have the permit. He did right by mentioning he had the gun and a permit, he did wrong when he kept reaching when told not to. I get your point, I get all your points, but ignoring what happened is not good. He said he had a gun but did not say where it was, then he kept reaching (despite being told not to) for something.
>>
>>151184
Where was the autopsy proof suggesting he was high at the traffic stop?
What history did he have which would have disqualified him from having a legal CCP permit? Because he had a legal CCP permit. Ergo, he had nothing in the database which should have scared the cop.
And where does him stating he has a gun make this okay? He has a 2nd ammendment right and an additional legal CCP which he has a right to disclose if he chooses, and a requirement to do when asked.

There's no facts suggesting he needed to be killed from the procedural point of view, and that's likely why his department fired him given that police work is NOT AN AT-WILL POSITION. It's literally that simple. The fact that the damn department didn't put him on leave says it all because they're legally required to do that unless they have a reason they can fire him.

Also nobody is saying the officer is an evil person. He's a negligent person.
>>
>>151191
Castile was informed to give license and registration. He was complying with that order. He informed the cop of his firearm while complying, as a responsible holder should do. The cop said to not reach for the firearm. Castile informed him that he was not. The cop shot. Those are the facts. That cop had no reason to shoot as Castile was simply complying with the orders he was given. He was fetching his identification, which can and does include CCP. The cop shouldn't have been jumpy and instead have either waited or gave clearer instructions such as, I don't know "freeze", or "stop moving". Not "well, don't reach it (the gun. But also do give me your identification)." Especially after Castille stated that he was not reaching for any firearm and had been completely compliant prior to the shooting.
>>
>>151192
I have no autopsy proof, only what the news (multiple sources from all different biases, should not be hard to find) has said. Him saying he had a gun did not make it okay to just shoot him and if you took that from what I wrote you should reread as nothing in it should suggest that. What I did say was that he said he had the gun then DID NOT FOLLOW ORDERS TO STOP REACHING, which was what the officer said to do and what common sense would dictate one to do after telling an officer you have a gun. As for why the officers could be scared, they pulled them over thinking they looked like people who were involved in a robbery. As I've had to say two - three times now yeah I don't think he should be an officer, yeah I think it was fucking retarded to shoot and not taze or do anything else. I am not arguing that the cop was a sweet angel who did what had to be done, I am arguing that Castile did something really fucking stupid, and I am only arguing that because everyone seems to either not notice that this was not a simple thing or not care about what actually happened and only want to talk politics.
>>151194
Stop reaching should be clear. Once again I am not here saying the officer was perfect or right, I am saying he was told to stop reaching and did not. Simply saying "Im not reaching for my gun" is not proof that you are not reaching for your gun. The officer should not have shot, I have said this unknown amounts of times now.

Either way, I'm done. Castile should have stopped reaching when he was told to, and the cop should have not used lethal force. That is my entire argument, which I personally think is the most common sense thing in the whole universe, but apparently is not. Guess I'm just a nut job or something, I don't care anymore.
>>
>>151195
And I'm saying he was complying with the orders he was given, which was to hand over identification. The "well don't reach for it" was in reference to the firearm, and if he was not reaching for the firearm, then he was not in violation of the order. This is entirely on the cop for being negligent in approach and orders, even worse so if he legitimately thought Castile was an armed robbery perpetrator with a child in the backseat.

While I can agree that this is speculation concerning what exactly Castile was reaching for, I will not concede that the events that led to the death paint this as a negligent manslaughter no matter how you look at it. A violent armed robbery suspect should not have been pulled over with a child hostage and should have been safely engaged from a distance, and a CCP holder should have been given the proper avenue to disclose their status, likely with the cop opening up by asking if the driver has anything on their person or anything they'd like to disclose prior to giving orders. Either way that would have been on the officer for going in blind and negligent. Well before Castile had any chance to "violate the order" you claim he violated.
>>
>>151194
You can see from Reynold's video from the time of the shooting that Philando's gun was under his thigh, next to his wallet. When the cop asked for his license, he reached in that general area, but the cop must have thought he was reaching for the gun he had just then seen under his thigh. Philando had the weapon basically already drawn. You keep the gun in your glovebox, not under your thigh while riding. He was planning to use it on the cop under the guise of reaching for his wallet. The cop saw this, and shot as soon as he saw the gun. The cop was 100% justified.
>>
>>151205
>this guy who had no warrant for his arrest nor anything on his person that would implicate him of a crime was totally gonna shoot a cop with his girlfriend and kid in the car when he could otherwise go along his merry way without incident
ok
>>
>>151229
Okay jackass, look up "Philando Castile gun under thigh" in image search. Then get back to me.
>>
so this might be pertinent info to all you shitposters in this thread
http://m.startribune.com/case-file-in-philando-castile-shooting-to-be-made-public-today/429659263/
this is a transcript of the counsel interview Yanez did directly after the incident occured. here's my paraphrased summary, tho I suggest you read it yourselves

>Yanez pulled the vehicle over because he believed the passenger and driver matched the description of a robbery the week prior
>the description he states they matched? having dreads and wide noses
>he planned on having Castile exit the car eventually to search for cannabis he believed was present based on odors smelled after exiting his vehicle
>He states he never got visual confirmation that what Castile was reaching for was his weapon, nor was he really listening to Castile, nor did he provide clear and direct orders (he even has to clarify this to the counsel, that he said "don't take it out (meaning the gun)" after ordering Castile to retrieve his identification)

like the anon's been saying in this thread, if he was fired from the department after the trial, that means there was clear misconduct as determined by internal review. I work as a civil servant and these jobs are very difficult to lose. as far as the court's verdict, the judge refused to allow this interview to be presented as evidence and refused to provide it to the jury, which seems a little odd since it provides seemingly important details about what officer Yanez perceived during the stop. surely the fact that peace officer citations are a huge source of revenue for the courts has nothing to do with the refusal to include evidence in a trial that might reflect poorly on the defense
>>
Home of the free and brave.
>>
>>151254
>The audio recording of Yanez’s one-hour interview was never played by prosecutors during his three-week trial. Prosecutors sought to introduce it late in the trial, but the judge said no. Jurors requested the full BCA transcript of the interview during deliberations but were denied by the judge. The interview also showed that Yanez frequently mentioned smelling burnt marijuana in the car. The issue featured prominently in his defense at trial. Six seconds after Castile told Yanez he had a firearm, Yanez shot him. Castile’s permit to carry was later found in his wallet.
Why did the judge deny the prosecutors the ability to show the jury the transcript? Isn't that pretty relevant?
>>
>>151282
Yea not sure why they weren't allowed to go over things again
>>
>>151250
And that proves his intent how? Why the hell would he deliberately shoot a cop in full view of his family? Why would he want to shoot a cop at all?
>>
>>151310
Black people shoot at cops more often than cops shoot at black people.
>>
>>151391
I don't think that's true but even if it was, what do you want to do? Make it legal to shoot someone because statistically they're more likely to shoot at you?
>>
>>151282

>>151282

For a simple reason:

If you're going to take the guy's word about what happened, then what he's telling you under oath in court should be viewed as MORE truthful than what he told investigators in the immediate aftermath.

If you're not going to take the guy's word, then what he said describing the events is irrelevant.

You can't have it both ways. You can't cherry pick the things he said that make him look bad, but disregard the things he's saying NOW that justify the shooting. This is a court of law, not a fucking cable debate show.
>>
>>151398
You AREN'T taking a guys word at face value. You're taking it for consideration only. Taking in oath doesn't mean the jury isn't allowed to consider court testimony as lying, just that there will be further punishments if lying is found to have occurred. A jury is free to scrutinize statements made both before and during court testimony, as long as the statement has been submitted to the court as evidence.
>>
The cop did fine.

And so did Castile.

The STATE shouldn't be putting police and civilian lives at risk because they need more taxes.

A fucking brake light? OK. SEND HIM A TICKET IN THE FUCKING MAIL.

WHY DO YOU NEED TO PULL SOMEBODY OVER FOR THIS SHIT?
>>
>>151423
Because a non functioning brake light could cause someone to rear end you. Traffic stops don't usually end in fatalities but faulty vehicle components often cause accidents.
>>
>>151423
>>151431
you guys really should read the transcript linked above, Officer Yanez didn't give two shits about the brake light. he stopped the car because the people inside matched an oddly broad description of suspects seen at a local robbery the week prior to the shooting. this man approached the situation from the very beginning with the belief that he was busting robbery suspects on his beat, and did a piss-poor job of following the procedure for that type of situation
>>
>>150926
Not be black is the only way. I remember a case back in 2015 where a cop pulls a black over at a gas station, orders him out the car, then starts shooting at him. The black guy was following his instructions to the letter and screaming wtf as he dodged bullets.

At this point best bet is to just have he cops hand cuff you and have a live stream video rolling in the background so you'll at least get justice if the pigs still shoot.
>>
>>151310
>I can't comprehend a dumb nigger's line of reasoning so therefore physical evidence of said nigger reaching for a gun in the presence of a cop proves nothing
wtf
>>
>>150896
this need justice.. the police clearly is high af and paranoid shit cop... hope he dies too
>>
If you can, avoid being black? It's a very sad state of affairs.
>>
>>151516

I think you meant, avoid being White. You know, because most people killed every year by police are White. But you wouldn't know that watching CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, HBO, Comedy Central, etc.
>>
>>151522
Of the 963 people shot and killed by police, half were white and a quarter were black. Adjusting for percentage of population, blacks are about 2.5x as likely to be fatally shot by police then whites. It is worth noting that blacks do commit more violent crime, such as murder and assault, which could explain why more force is used during apprehension.

If you want to avoid being killed by police, be asian.
>>
>>151431
What difference does this make?

The punishment for a broken taill ight is a TICKET.

Why does this situation require an investigation? You need to make sure the driver isn't committing any other crimes?

This is bullshit

And this >>151451
Suggests the cop isn't fit for duty

But this all could have been avoided if the state would fuck off.
>>
>>151599
>Why does this situation require an investigation? You need to make sure the driver isn't committing any other crimes?

They have to stop you when you have a broken tail-light and fine you, since technically every time you use your car you're supposed to check all the lights and make sure the car is in good running order.

Did anyone even read the rules of the road?
>>
>>151599
>Why does this situation require an investigation?

They have to fine you because legally you're supposed to ensure all functions of all lights are in working order before driving the vehicle, but they pull you over because they know you're human and don't do that shit, and they can't see it in the daylight due to it's placement. They're literally just pulling you over to say "Your tail light is broken, fix that shit", that way the driver is more cautious of the potential hazards and causes that could lead to an accident when he heads down to wherever to buy the new tail light and he's aware enough to actually fix it.

Not applicable to this case, obviously, but in general with something like that it's better to pull them over so that the guy who can't see his own car's ass knows it's busted.
>>
>>151398
>If you're going to take the guy's word about what happened, then what he's telling you under oath in court should be viewed as MORE truthful than what he told investigators in the immediate aftermath.
Isn't that exactly the point though? He's been accused of a crime, it's the jury's decision whether or not they can take him at his word. I'd say changing your story is a point against you.
>>
>>151191
>He did right by mentioning he had the gun and a permit

Castile DID NOT tell the cop he had a concealed pistol license, just that he had a gun.

And regardless of the car's license plate tying back the CPL, the cop doesn't know that the guy driving the car is the same guy as the person with the CPL.
>>
>>151644
>you're supposed to check all the lights and make sure the car is in good running order.
So why do you need to stop me again?

Send me the ticket in the mail and go stop a rape or sone shit
>>
>>151877
>So why do you need to stop me again?
>Send me the ticket in the mail

Because if the cops don't stop you and there's an accident because your break light was out, the police will get sued for failure to do their duty and protect the citizenry.
>>
>>151946
>the police will get sued for failure to do their duty and protect the citizenry.
>their duty
>protect the citizenry.
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/justices-rule-police-do-not-have-a-constitutional-duty-to-protect.html
>>
>>151991

The cops can still be sued for negligence.

> guy has busted tail light
> police don't stop him, just mail him a ticket
> 10mins later, someone rear ends the guy due to busted tail light
> that person is paralyzed
> a week later ticket arrives in the mail
> police department gets sued for negligence
>>
>>151994

You got Btfo so shut it
>>
On some level, I know that most of the people defending Yanez's actions are scraping for excuses as to why Philando Castile warranted being shot. Ask yourself one thing: is any of what Philando Castile did punishable by death in the penal system? Every mistake Castile potentially made is one any of us could have made. The situation escalated to a firearm killing in less than 2 seconds. Police officers are not judge, jury, and executioner, and should only use lethal force in circumstances where it becomes clear it is needed. Ironically, if the police officer were a private citizen, a CCL carrier, he would have easily been convicted of manslaughter. You can't pull a concealed weapon on somebody and discharge it just because you feel threatened by someone reaching their hands into their pockets, especially if you had previously ordered them to.

And police officers should be held to a much higher standard than private citizens. I know its an unpopular opinion, but police officers will die. That's their job. To put their lives on the line and enforce the law. Private citizens do not put their lives on the line. We did not consent to that. One police officer dying unjustly is better than 1 private citizen dying unjustly, because the police officer signed on knowing the risks. It's unpopular, but Yanez being shot after exercising caution is a much better outcome than Castile being shot for reaching.

Come on folks, I know that you know deep down that even if Castile had made a mistake in reaching, he shouldn't be dead. No one should be dead. No one should be killed like that within two seconds in a car with their daughter, and especially by officers of law enforcement.
>>
>>151997
How is his second point of valid though?
Yeah, maybe the individual officer doesn't get charged, but the civil court still attacks for damages due to negligence, when it shouldn't be their responsibility.

And in today's society, people would pick the guy who got rear ended (from his own light being out, his fault) as the innocent, and that the dept should have done something because "that's what they're there for

Tell me that wouldn't happen, cause you know that it would
>>
>>152023
People shouldn't die of cancer either, you have a plan to fix those issues?
>>
>>152077

Checked, and you're a complete faggot reaching for a response like that.
>>
>>152100
Checked and thank you
>>
>>150926
You inform if required to, and follow the cop's instructions exactly. If the cop tells you not to reach for anything, don't.
>>
>>150904
Right to bear arms doesn't mean you get to ignore a cops commands pull out your gun.
>>
>>150901
The fact that nigger had the gun in his hand shows pol is once again right.
>>
>>152023
> I know that most of the people defending Yanez's actions are scraping for excuses

The cop was literally SCREAMING at Castile (five fucking times!) “DON’T PULL IT OUT!!!” and even physically reached in the window to try and prevent Castile from pulling it out but yeah, we’re the ones “scraping for excuses”….

> Every mistake Castile potentially made is one any of us could have made.

Speak for yourself, because if a cop is SCREAMING at me to stop what I’m doing, I’m going to _immediately_ stop.

> The situation escalated to a firearm killing in less than 2 seconds.

Exactly, which is why the cop (or anybody) can’t just stand there waiting to see if the guy is actually going to pull his gun, that HE JUST TOLD THE COP HE HAD.

> Come on folks, I know that you know deep down that even if Castile had made a mistake in reaching, he shouldn't be dead.

I can agree that the cop shouldn’t have mag dumped on him but then I wasn’t there.
>>
>>152181
The cop screamed after the shots were fired. Do you think someone addressing you as "sir" and telling you they have a firearm is going to fire upon you? Yanez had his hand on his handgun immediately after Castille said this. If concealed carry inherently makes officers worried, should we have concealed carry?
>>
>>152187
> The cop screamed after the shots were fired.

Yes, but the cop told him "don't reach for it" and "don't pull it out" _before_ he shot the guy.

> Do you think someone addressing you as "sir" and telling you they have a firearm is going to fire upon you?

Do you think someone who is polite is incapable of shoot you?

> Yanez had his hand on his handgun immediately after Castille said this.

Indeed, seeing as the guy said he had a gun (not that he had a CPL).

> If concealed carry inherently makes officers worried, should we have concealed carry?

Concealed carry isn't the issue, Blacks not obeying police orders is.
>>
>>152181

>get your wallet
Okay, also I got a firearm
>okay don't pull it out
Alright, I'm pulling out my wallet.
>don't pull the gun out tho
I'm not I'm pulling out a wallet.

BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM

He's operating under two commands and he followed both of them. There are things Castille could've done better such as ask the cop to clarify. NOTE: I SAID "BETTER". IN THIS CASE HE LITERALLY DINDU NUFFIN. But I think you're decision making process as a cop is extremely flawed when any time the situation goes slightly awry you decide to unload the gun into a citizen with the intent to kill them.
>>
>>152257
When you greentext it this way it sounds really bad
>>
The Boondocks practically predicted this years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSfe4_L0NCY
>>
>>152143
Your future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzlt7IbTp6M

Remember you chose this path.
>>
>>152257
>cop yells at you not to pull it out three times
>better pull something else out then
Rather than
>don't pull fucking anything out and do nothing

The Cop does not know what you're reaching for, and with the way he's reaching into the vehicle the guy was clearly reaching near or towards the gun, even if he didn't try to take it. At that point the cop doesn't have the time to wait and see how that's gonna turn out. Should've simply kept his hands still and on the wheel while the officer talks him through what's gonna happen.
>>
>>152294

This is exactly what I'm talking about; the cop fucked up by not asking him to put his hands back on the wheel or at least get out of the car so he can search Castille or the car itself. Castille was perfectly compliant, operating under both commands the cop gave him, never ceased to stop following his commands. There is only stuff that Castille could've done better, where there is shit that the cop almost certainly did wrong. The situation goes slightly south and the cop unloads his weapon into him.

"Oh yeah, see Castille did everything right but he should've just done it even MORE right to avoid dying."

Also since we're arguing about the "context" of what reaching down at your waist means, let's also posit the context that he mentioned he had a fire arm, which is usually indicative that he is not going to shoot him. Let's also posit that (althought Yanez didn't know) concealed carry members of society are some of the most law abiding citizens. We had loads of context, the cop did not handle the situation correctly to begin with and was obviously not fit for police work.
>>
>>152240
>Yes, but the cop told him "don't reach for it" and "don't pull it out" _before_ he shot the guy.

Again, I reiterate, is this punishable by death? Castille followed Yanez's previous orders. If Castille misheard or did not completely understand what Yanez was saying, do you seriously believe this isn't something you would ever do? You've never made a mistake when talking to police officers? Those are some serious standards you've set for yourself. I wish I could be a perfect model citizen like you.

>Do you think someone who is polite is incapable of shoot you?

Anyone can shoot anyone. Doesn't mean I go around with my hand on my firearm. If someone politely notifies you that they have a firearm, yeah, chances are they aren't going to shoot you with it.

>Indeed, seeing as the guy said he had a gun (not that he had a CPL).

I haven't even touched on the fact that Yanez testified that he thought that this guy was a suspect in a robbery before even approaching the car. My man, who tells a police officer they have a firearm without a license for it?

>Blacks not obeying police orders is.
You're backing the wrong horse here. The fact that you've set the bar so high for Castille to not get shot, but the bar so low for Yanez to shoot says something. I mean, fuck, if we want to talk racism just say that. Don't masquerade under the guise of justice and fairness in law enforcement. Again, it was confirmed in testimony that Yanez believed prejudicially that Castille was a suspect in a prior case. Yanez fired his firearm into a car with another person behind Castille and a child in the backseat. Why do you still think Yanez was justified? Why do you feel the urge to at all justify what Yanez did? I hope if you truly believe what you've said, that you genuinely reevaluate if you have any biases against Castille for whatever reason.
>>
>>152257
>>get your wallet
>Okay, also I got a firearm
>>okay don't pull it out

"My wallet is right next to my gun, so what do you want me to do?"
>>
>>152483

I'm going to repeat myself once again, and not going to bother with anymore posts after this one.

Castille did everything correctly and operated under both commands, the only "fault" is that he didn't do stuff even more "correcter". The cop was at fault for not asking him to step out of the car or put both hands on the wheel, and I don't think someone should have to die because he didn't communicate more concisely.
>>
>>152432

> > Yes, but the cop told him "don't reach for it" and "don't pull it out" _before_ he shot the guy.
>
> Again, I reiterate, is this punishable by death?

If the cop thinks you’re pulling out a gun, he’s justified in shooting you.

> do you seriously believe this isn't something you would ever do? You've never made a mistake when talking to police officers?

I was pulled over in 2008 for a “rolling stop” (totally unjustified ticket, by the way) and after pulling over, putting the truck in park, turning off the truck and putting on my hazard lights, my experience went like this;

ME: “Why did you pull me over?!”
COP: “License, registration and insurance.”
ME: “I have a concealed pistol license and a handgun in my right rear pocket.”
COP: “OK, leave it there.”
ME: “OK” - I got wallet out of left pocket, handed over my papers

And nobody got shot.

> Do you think someone who is polite is incapable of shoot you?
>
> Anyone can shoot anyone. Doesn't mean I go around with my hand on my firearm.

Yes, it means exactly that, especially when dealing with Black males who commit half the murders in the U.S.

> > Indeed, seeing as the guy said he had a gun (not that he had a CPL).
>
> I haven't even touched on the fact that Yanez testified that he thought that this guy was a suspect in a robbery before even approaching the car. My man, who tells a police officer they have a firearm without a license for it?

Who knows? Again, Blacks commit half the murders in the country and the guy just said he has a gun.

> > Blacks not obeying police orders is.
>
> Why do you still think Yanez was justified?

Because he told the guy “don’t pull it out” and the guy continued pulling [something] out.

But I'm not saying this is an either/or issue, the cop was wrong for instantly shooting but Castile was wrong for continuing to pull [something] out when told not to.
>>
>>152486
>Castille did everything correctly

No he didn't.

When the cop _repeatedly_ said "don't pull it out" Castile should stopped doing anything and asked WTF he was supposed to do, as the cop was obviously talking about the fucking gun Castile just told him he had.
>>
>>152494

It's become quite obvious you're sweating bullets on the other side, banging your fists into your keyboard because you just can't, JUST CAN'T, comprehend the notion that a cop actually fucked up.

Here are two articles form the National Review, a very right wing news site dictating why it was the cops fault, to seal the deal. Even people in the fucking Facebook comments get it, yet somehow you yet to wrap your head around the fact that cops are capable of fucking up. The cop fucked up and you LOST!!11!1!!1!1

"The Philando Castile Verdict Was a Miscarriage of Justice"

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/448740/philando-castile-verdict-was-miscarriage-justice?target=topic&tid=2176

"The Unwritten Law That Helps Bad Cops Go Free"

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/448828/philando-castile-shooting-police-must-display-reasonable-fear
>>
>>152495
Castille would be alive if he didn't buy the cartel's weed (which drops your IQ temporarily by about 8pts) and allowed his vehicle to smell like it with a child present. If he can't interact with a cop appropriate with a concealed pistol, he was probably an endangerment to people around him.

Yeah the cop could have said Freeze. But hardly was there any time for that. Oh and If I recall, the EMP said his gun fell out of his pocket. Clumsy as fuck.
>>
>>152585
Yeah- the gun fell out as they drug his lifeless body onto the gurney.

Traffic stops shouldn't be a "fail-deadly" proposition. This cop had made up his mind that the driver was his suspect from an armed robbery a week earlier. Notice how they don't even try to drop a suggestion that he might have been the robber?

The cop fucked up, made some really bad decisions, shot into a car occupied x3 with a CHILD right behind the guy he shot.

Bottom line- he could have side-stepped right out of the line of fire. But he didn't- instead he shot seven times.

This cop was shown the door by his agency for a good reason. Hope he likes roofing work.
>>
This incident is honestly one of the best arguments you can possibly make for gun control. The cop had to react like that because guns are so dangerous that he couldn't afford not to. People kept getting killed by the cops when they shouldn't because they cops are deathly afraid of guns.
>>
>>154233
>The cop had to react like that because Blacks are so dangerous that he couldn't afford not to.

FTFY
>>
>>154204
>>154233
>>154241
Necromancing faggots
>>
>>151997
I know it's unreasonable to expect much from this board, but dear god this is such a fucking unintelligent post.
Maybe ranking in the top 10 most unintelligent posts I've ever seen on this website in the last 9 years.
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.