[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Russia warns US its fighter jets are now potential target in Syria

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

File: nasty.jpg (33KB, 1240x744px) Image search: [Google]
nasty.jpg
33KB, 1240x744px
US shooting down of Syrian jet seen as ‘act of aggression’ by Russia, which will track coalition warplanes west of the Euphrates

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jun/19/russia-target-us-led-coalition-warplanes-over-syria
>>
F-15 has downed an Iranian drone in Syrian airspace.
>>
http://thehill.com/policy/defense/338583-russian-fighter-jet-comes-within-5-feet-of-us-plane-report
>>
Russia needs to fuck off or join us in the fight against muslims.
>>
>>150744
good, let the fools fight on their little playground, while we watch and wait.
>>
Vote for Trump so we can avoid conflict with Russia.
>>
>>150946
US needs to fuck off or start fighting against ISIS.
>>
>>150949
>US needs to fuck off or start fighting against ISIS.
Daily reminder that ISIS is the main thing preventing Assad and Russia building the Russian pipeline from Iran.
Once the Russians have control of Europe's oil supply, what's to keep Russian tanks from rolling west until they reach the Atlantic?
At least now that we're a Russian puppet state, the US won't be involved if that war, well unless the human Cheeto sends in American troops to support the Russian invasion.
>>
>>150948
>Vote for Trump so we can avoid conflict with Russia.

Assad: *spends 6 years killing civilians*
Hillary: I'd like to create a no-fly zone over Syria.
Trump & /pol/: Oh NOES!!!! She wants to start WW3!!!
Trump: If elected, I'll "fight ISIS" (send US troops to fight Assad's enemies)
Trump: *"wins" election*
Assad: *kills more civilians*
Trump: *kills civilians in Yemen*
Assad: *kills a few more civilians*
Trump: I never knew he was killing civilians! WTF? I hate Assad now! *starts war with close ally of Russia*
/pol/: Hooray for Trump! Thank god we didn't elect Hillary!
>>
>>150955
fuck off kike...Its ISIS that was created by jews & OIL rich ARAB states thats killing syrians...Russian presence has helped reduce the genocide somewhat.
>>
>>150958
>Assad isn't using chemical weapons against civilians
Lol, even the Trump administration isn't this disconnected from reality.

>>150958
>Russian presence has helped reduce the genocide somewhat.
Russian interest in gaining control of Europe's oil supply is the only reason there's a war in Syria in the first place.
>>
>>150954
Yeah man it's totally okay to have an actual war based on where the US wants Europe's oil coming from, i love how you're somehow trying to make this sounds anything less than a for-profit war by Americans for American interests
>>
>>150959
American interest in keeping the Russians economically crippled, you mean
>>
>>150954
Huh, A gas pipeline through Saudi Arabia-Jordan-Syria-Turkey-Greece-Bulgaria or through Iran-Iraq-Syria-Lebanon. It looks like it goes right Along those mountains in Iran. I can see not wanting to grant Saudi Arabia more control over the world's energy supply and avoiding a seismically active area.
As long as Russia has control of energy going into Europe, they don't need tanks to roll West.
Cheeto Jesus doesn't have the ability to work with others. By backing that fool, Russia has prevented the US from getting broader ties in the region. Previously, a USAF had directed Turkish fighters towards a Russian SU-24 in December 2015. It's arguable that the US could not predict how that information would be used.
They will likely be forced to opt for less accurate methods a'la The Second Battle for Grozny (level the place). Significant air defenses would be needed to prevent the US from defending their catspaw.
I just hope Al Qaeda / ISIS gets properly curb stomped this time rather than mutating again and decapitating the Saudi government.
>>
>>150985
>I just hope Al Qaeda / ISIS gets properly curb stomped this time rather than mutating again and decapitating the Saudi government.
the last thing the US and its allies in the arms industry wants is a stable government in the mid east. You can bet there will be insurgent groups popping up like whack-a-mole until we're long dead
>>
>>150982
>it's totally okay to have an actual war based on where the US wants Europe's oil coming from
The alternative is war in Europe.

>>150983
>American interest in keeping the Russians economically crippled, you mean
If that reduces the number of countries they invade, that's fine.
Remember, we leave when there's an American-friendly government in place.
Russia leaves when they can't afford the occupation any more.

>>150985
>As long as Russia has control of energy going into Europe, they don't need tanks to roll West.
They didn't "need" to invade the Ukraine either, but there they are.
>>
All this talk of pipelines is hilarious. At first it was claimed that Hillary Clinton founded ISIS so she could take over Syria to build a pipeline through it, then it became McCain's pipeline, and now it's a Russian pipeline. let me tell you, a pipeline running through that many countries in the middle east is a pipe dream (pun semi-intended). Nobody rational would bank on the middle east being sufficiently stable to ever build a pipeline of that magnitude, dealing with all the different governments alone would be a pain in the ass.

More realistically, the Russian intervention targets have all been neighbors and/or hosted a Russian military base; Georgia and Ukraine were neighbors, Syria and Ukraine had major Russian military bases. In the case of Georgia and Ukraine they wanted to scare anyone new members from joining NATO or the EU, and to promote their own economic union (the previous president of Ukraine had unpopularly switched from trying to join the EU to joining the new Russian thing, which prompted the entire Maidan protest that removed him from power). In the cases of Syria and Ukraine (again, they get the lucky double whammy), the Russians wanted to prevent a possibly anti-Russian government from taking over and cutting off the lease of land. In Syria this means stabilizing the Assad regime so he can't be removed by any rebel group, and in Ukraine this initially meant taking over Crimea to make the Sevastopol base part of Russia and therefore not subject to Ukrainian lease treaties. Operations there then expanded to eastern Ukraine since Crimea is not self-sufficient without control of a sizeable portion of the Ukrainian mainland.

This whole thing has been less about oil and more about maintaining Russian military power and prestige, through which they can badger neighbors into signing on economically.
>>
>>150991
>The alternative is war in Europe.
No it isn't, the alternative is Russians selling oil to Europe
If you think Russians are worse than the gulf states, you're wrong
>>
>>150954
Holy shit you're retarded.
>>
Do it. Fire on one of our jets. This pussyfooting around ww3 is just getting tiresome and anxious. LGTSS
>>
>>151017
>No it isn't,
Russia has a long history of military adventures in Europe (including today), and a leader that's promised a return to the "glory days" of the old Soviet Union.
US foreign policy in the middle east for 70 years has been focused on preventing war in Europe by denying the Russians control over Euro oil.
But hey, maybe three generations of people running the government were all wrong.
Let's elect an easily manipulated, semi-retarded man-child with a crush on every murderous dictator on Earth, and deep financial ties to Russia and see what happens?
Why not?
>>
>>151019
>Holy shit you're retarded.
Wow, you sure told me.
>>
>>150991 (Me)
>They didn't "need" to invade the Ukraine either, but there they are.
They stopped invading Ukraine once they got what they needed... Then a little more invading just to shut everyone up.

>>151006
I vaguely recall that Bush started ISIS when he disassembled (fired) the defeated Iraqi army. Then his CIA started backing Syrian rebel groups as a proxy against their ally, Iran. They became Obama's CIA, who went off script and used arms transfers as a way to keep a hand in the area and a tool to recruit assets,

The South Osetian enclave in Georgia controls a tunnel back to Russia, The Osetians are long despised by their neighbors which made them a natural ally of Russia. With the Russians tip in Georgia's backside, they are prevented from dealing with their breakaway regions. This makes them want to ally with the West.

Huh, and why is it I don't like how Pakistan's foreign policy seeks to destabilize its neighbors. Right, they're Muslims and A. Q. Kahn is a douche.
>>
>>151105
>They stopped invading Ukraine once they got what they needed
That's a great point, Neville Chamberlain!

>Pakistan's foreign policy seeks to destabilize its neighbors.
In fairness they try to balance the need for stopping Islamist extremists, anti-Indian hardliners, and Afghan border-crossers by giving those factions rhetorical lip-service and staying hard-line on social issues (not trying to sound too apologetic since Pak gov't is corrupt and dysfunctional as fuck, though that also makes sane coherent national policy difficult).
>>
>>151038
The fear has been fully mongered, you can stop now
>>
>>151038
So you're a big fan of Bush's foreign policy, huh?
>>
>>151038
>US foreign policy in the middle east for 70 years has been focused on preventing war in Europe by denying the Russians control over Euro oil.

It's been focused on money, honey. Don't you fucking dare pretend anything you've done is altruistic.
>>
>>151110
>>They stopped invading Ukraine once they got what they needed
>That's a great point, Neville Chamberlain!

Excellent point. Neville Chamberlain sought appeasement because he couldn't do anything about it. The problem was after Munich, he did not strongly build a deterrence to further moves by Germany.

Trump was making great headway to reducing deterrence by weakening NATO commitments. That looks to have changed recently but the turn-around may be tepid while the White House works in self defense mode.

I think Russia learned their lesson in Ukraine that they can still lose allies if they don't react quickly enough. They will continue to arm Syria until some accident happens. The no-fly-zones between Russia Turkey and Iran is supposed to include the US. I think the no fly zone is in Western Syria but the shoot-down happened in Northern Syria. This could be a problem for carrier based jets.

When will the Russians feel confident to apply the axe theory. A fight progresses from words, pie-throwing, slaps, punches, and kicks to axes and knives. Cold war Russians were supposed to just start with an axe. I guess they just don't have enough of the right tools in the area yet.
>>
>>151153
>So you're a big fan of Bush's foreign policy, huh?
Was Bush in office for 70 years?
US foreign policy has been consistent on this point under Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, LBJ, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, both Bushs, Clinton and Obama.
But I'm sure Mr Trump knows better than all of them...
>>
So what happens to all of these doomsayer hypotheses once the ITER fusion reactor is finished in 2019? (A joint venture between all the parties mentioned in this thread) I'll tell you. Once sustainable, abundant energy is demonstrated and internationally available, all this delusion and desperation will evaporate, and, bathing in your exponentially increasing quality of life, most of you will be reduced to comatose pleasure addicts. The urge to conquer will turn outwards instead of its current incestuous inwards trajectory, and we will populate the stars. Until all light dies. So go about your lives happily. Stop wasting it on trash like this. Sure, wariness will always be required, for no one knows what might go wrong, which individual may be possessed by insanity. But victory is inevitable.
>>
>>151163
>It's been focused on money, honey.
When will this meme die?
"Murricans are grabbing up the oil!"
Except we're not.
When we invaded Iraq, we seized the oil fields for the world's second largest oil reserve.
Who owns them now?

>Don't you fucking dare pretend anything you've done is altruistic.
That's a strawman.
I wasn't pretending that preventing war in Europe was altruistic.
A peaceful Europe is in America's best interests.
More specifically, a peaceful, free Europe full of US allies is in America's best interests.
>>
>>151200
Go home /sci/, yer drunk.
Fusion has been "ten years away" since at least the 1960's.
Sure, I'm hoping something replaces oil, and not just to reduce the middle east to relative insignificance, but I wouldn't start making policy based on that just yet.
>>
>>151199
>US foreign policy has been consistent
lol
>>
>>150958
Glad to see the long, healthy tradition of Russian antisemitism continues unabated. Welcome, our Eastern European friend! Our president sends his regards!
>>
>>151345
and they'll call the ukrainians nazis when it is convenient for them...
>>
>>150949
The US has been fighting ISIS this entire time, you fucking mongoloid. The difference between American strikes, and Russian strikes is that we bomb ISIS and Assad's forces. Meanwhile the Russians bomb mainly rebels that we've deemed "moderate", and watch as those same rebels struggle to fight both ISIS and Russia's ally (Assad)
>>
>>150958
>IT'S THE JEWS
Fuck outta here, dumb cunt. The fact that people blame an entire race/religion for every conspiracy, war, or recession fucking baffles me. Please do not breed
>Russians have helped somewhat
What is with all this sucking of Russian cock I see from the far right? What would really help is if Assad would step down, and allow for a peaceful transition of power to a democratic government. Russians are making things worse by prolonging the war. It won't end until Assad and ISIS are both out of the picture
>>
>>151400
>What is with all this sucking of Russian cock I see from the far right?

I know right? there's the same phenomenon among left wing "alternative" media, but it's motivated by third worldism in their case.

Far right tards see the ruskies as champions of the west, the white race or whatever, and putin's an authoritarian who killed muslims ergo a "good guy"!

both groups are equally as retarded.
>>
>>151400
what you call "sucking of cock" I call diplomacy
what you call "a peaceful transition of power to a """democratic""" government" I call ousting an uncooperative leader in a foreign country in order to insert a new "democratically elected" ruler who will be more receptive to the US government interests
once assad and ISIS are out of there, you're just going to get a new assad and ISIS with different names
MSM-drones' misconceptions and gullibility when it comes to geopolitics is truly baffling
and yeah this guy
>>150958
needs to learn that bringing up the jews is a surefire way to invalidate one's own argument

overall though the US government is so fragmented at this point and sending so many mixed signals to Russia that one has to get his tin foil hat on to figure out what the US's true motivations are in the middle east and in regards to Russia
>>
>>151408
>diplomacy
we can start easing up on those sanctions as soon as Russia stops invading its neighbors, committing human rights abuses, and supporting foreign dictators that use chemical weapons
>you just want a government that cooperates with the US
that wouldn't be half bad, honestly. the main thing, however; is whether or not Syrians are able to choose who governs over them?
>new assad and ISIS with different names
our "new assad" will hopefully a sane, just leader that doesn't turn Syria into another Egypt. I personally don't want any kind of ISIS after the revolution is over, but I can't speak for the politicians that cater to the military industrial complex

A democratic Syria would be a good thing even if it caters to our interests a bit
>>
>>151427
*...Syrians are able to choose who governs over them
question mark is a typo
>>
>>151427
"invading" might not be the right term to use if you're referring to Ukraine or Crimea and I'm not sure what else
Also might want to clarify what human rights abuses you're talking about since we might have a pot calling a kettle black there in many instances
And the claim that Assad used chemical weapons is somewhat dubious
And there's an argument that it's impossible for a leader sane by the Western media's standards since life is so much different in the middle east

Overall my point is that the majority of the American government blows much of Russia's actions out of proportion and seems deadbent on treating them as an adversary when the US could be doing better diplomacy by finding some common ground with them and staying out of their business in the East
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.