[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Russia Plans Mega Drill After NATO simulates Invasion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

Russia is planning a military exercise involving 100,000 soldiers after NATO simulated a mock defense from an invasion through the Baltic's

http://www.trunews.com/article/russia-plans-mega-drill-after-nato-simulates-invasion

(VERO BEACH, FL) The upcoming drill, which has been held jointly with Belarus every four years starting in 1973, will begin in September and is nicknamed Exercise Zapad 2017. During the 9th edition of this joint military exercise, a defense will be simulated by the Russian high command to repel a mock invasion of Belarus by NATO.

Historically the drill has involved a scenario where a full-scale conflict between the West and Russia has broken out, and previous iterations have even included simulated nuclear responses on European cities. Ahead of this drill, Lt. Gen. Ben Hodges, Commander of all U.S. Army units in Europe (USAEUR), announced Friday that an additional 600 troops will be deployed across the Baltic States for the duration of Zagad 2017, bringing the number of NATO forces currently in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, and Poland to approximately 5,100.

Hodges told Reuters that the Pentagon is worried about possible Russian aggression during the Zapad exercise. "When (Russia) went into Crimea, that was against the backdrop of an exercise. When they went into Georgia, that was an exercise", Lt. Gen. Hodges said during a NATO exercise in Poland. "Their history is full of examples where they don't live up to any treaties ... They routinely violate those things.”

"We are all working hard to be at the highest levels of readiness during exercises like this,” Lt. Gen. Hodges said. The exercise Lt. Gen. Hodges was in attendance for in Poland was part of a series of NATO operations including Saber Strike and Baltic Operations (BALTOPS), which run throughout June, and are aimed at deterring the alleged “Russian Threat.”

(Read more at http://tru.news/2tFQIMS)
>>
Fuck me...
>>
>>150507
>Lithuanian army
>Lithuanian
>army
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TrQF0owL8E
>>
>>150544
hi Vlad
>>
>>150507
>When (Russia) went into Crimea

to get it right. this stupid piece of shit is Lt. Gen. Hodges. someone, who should have very good education.
>>
>>150554
what he say wrong?
>>
>>150630
Obviously russia never invaded crimea, it was a non national, independent, private military firm. :^)
>>
>>150635
>non national, independent, private military firm
Of patriotic individuals acting on their own initiative.

If the US had true patriots they would not need to build a wall with Mexico.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp8PmgPW_AI
>>
>>150507
Honestly I doubt Russia will start the WW3. I believe that it will be China attacking India. Once the US/NATO is involved. China will take out Japan and the surrounding small countries that they believe they have the sovereign right to. While the US is occupied with China, NK will butt fuck SK real fast, Iran and the other Islamic countries will gang rape Israel and NK will start screwing with the US after they get finished abusing SK like a little dog nipping at your heals. In the mean time you will also have Muslim terrorist cells going off allover the west like popcorn.

Honestly I'd rather have Russia as an ally then China.
>>
>>150635
top kek. another moron.
>>
wierd photo. if they`re russians(as the flags on shoulders suppoused to mean), then where`s kalashnikov automatic rifles. Fake?
>>
>>150699

It's a picture of the NATO drills, specifically Lithuanian soldiers, which prompted the Russian drill. The filename is just the title of the article; the image is properly captioned as Lithuanian soldiers in the actual article.
>>
>>150643
>I believe that it will be China attacking India.
Wow never heard of this, can you explain? I believe China getting into war with Japan and countries for the South China Sea, but war with India is first I've heard...
>>
>>150717
>specifically Lithuanian soldiers, which prompted the Russian drill
Why are you just making shit up idiot? Did you not read the first sentence?Was that too much reading?
>>
>>150798
>Why are you just making shit up idiot?
I don't think he is. Did you not read past his first sentence? Was that too much reading?
>>
>>150798

I don't understand what your criticism is. Did I not make it clear enough?

Caption from the article:
>"Lithuanian army soldiers take part in Suwalki gap defence exercise in Mikyciai, Lithuania, June 17, 2017. REUTERS/Ints Kalnins"

This was part of BALTOPS, the NATO exercise that supposedly prompted the upcoming Russian exercise known as Zapad. Both of these exercises have been running since the 70's, however, though Zapad is not as regular as the article suggests. It had two decade+ gaps (1985-1999, 1999-2009) so it's reasonable to believe that the BALTOPS prompted the current Zapad.
>>
>>150787

They fought in the past, but that guy is exaggerating the possibility of war (his entire scenario has a few holes in it, like the US even taking a side in a sino-indian conflict).

As to tensions between China and India, it's the usual border dispute nonsense, but unlike in the past they now have so much trade with each other (at one point they were each other's #1 trading partner) that an actual war between the two would just be economic suicide in addition to mutually assured nuclear suicide. It's similar to the US and China: sure we have our differences but there's be way too much to lose economically from a full blown shooting war (and we'd both die in nuclear fire). As such we instead spend our time waving flags and finding strange ways to annoy each other (Chinese artificial islands).

This is not to say that the area isn't a hot spot: India and Pakistan are the only two nuclear nations to go to war with each other (thankfully, despite threats they never actually pushed the button). However China wants to be a respected world leader, so beyond their usually flag waving they won't actually try anything that would jeopardize their goal.
>>
>>150834
Cool, thanks
>>
>>150643
Nkq can not feasibly invade and conquer sk, their military would collapse after bombarding souel and their initial push, then SK would proceed to buttfuck them.
>>
>>150834
>these countries are trading partners ergo war will never ever break out

stop it
>>
>>151004

>minor border squabble over mountains without meaningful resources
>vs multiple billions in trade
>vs full blown nuclear war

China can afford to fuck around in the South China Sea because there is oil at stake and it doesn't directly antagonize a nuclear power that they have significant trade with. China gains literally nothing in starting a war with India over nothing, and as long a rational leadership is maintained in both nations there will be no war.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.