[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wind Blows Car Door Shut with Baby Inside. Mom Calls 911 for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

http://www.freerangekids.com/wind-blows-car-door-shut-with-baby-inside-mom-calls-911-for-help-is-ticketed-for-child-abuse/
June 17, 2017

Wind Blows Car Door Shut with Baby Inside. Mom Calls 911 for Help, is Ticketed for Child Abuse

Omaha, Nebraska: A woman taking her niece out of the SUV on Tuesday afternoon was shocked when the wind blew the door shut with her keys and the child inside. The car locked. The aunt, the girl’s mom and two other relatives frantically tried to get the door open using a hanger and screwdriver, and when they couldn’t, they called 911. The cops arrived, broke the window, and got the child out, safe and sound.

Then they ticketed the mom on suspicion of child abuse by neglect.

As The Omaha World-Herald reports:

“Lt. Darci Tierney, a police spokeswoman, said the ticket was not an overreaction by the officer who responded to the 911 call.

“We make decisions in the moment with all the information we have available,’’ she said. “This can be a super dangerous situation. People die in these circumstances.”

That is not true. Children die when they are forgotten in cars, not when they are about to be taken out of cars, the wind slams the door shut, and the family immediately does everything humanly possible to get the door open quickly. That includes calling cops who turn out to be so clueless, cruel or crazy they treat the incident like child abuse.

The girl, just shy of 2, was in the car for about 15 minutes. It was a 93-degree day, and 97 degrees in the un-air-conditioned car. The girl appeared warm to the paramedic — um, of course she’d be warm — so she was taken to the local hospital. She was fine.

The wind, by the way, was gusting up to 40 miles an hour, something that must have been pretty obvious.

To add insult to non-injury, Lt. Tierney is also quoted as reminding people that in a situation like this one,“Don’t be afraid to call 911 for help.”

Yeah, and a defense lawyer.
>>
Just break the fucking window and fuck the cops
>>
why didn't she have her keys with her
>>
>>149988
They deserve it for calling the cops instead of being mature enough to solve this simple fucking problem.
>>
>>149988
American cops look for any and every opportunity to ticket or fine you.

Gotta keep that revenue flowing. I'm not surprised.
>>
>>150096
> American cops look for any and every opportunity to ticket or fine you.

True, though in this case I’d say a ticket was justified, as this probably wasn’t the first time the ding-bat mom left the keys in the ignition with the kid in the car and odds are, she’s left the car running with the kid in the car.

I think we can be assured she won’t be doing that again and any other dumbass moms reading this article, will likely take the keys out the moment they’ve parked (as everybody should be doing in the first place).
>>
>>149988
>call the cops
>they just break your fucking window and suspect you of child abuse

hilarious
>>
>>150141
>wind blows door shut
>this is clearly a parent who has had this happen before
>definitely a pattern of abuse deserving a ticket
Yeah, no, kys
>>
>>150170
Problem is that the officer had no proof she did/didn't do it out of neglect. He did everything pretty much exactly as protocol required. If she's innocent, then a judge will probably throw out the case before they even get a court date.
>>
>>150171
>>>150170
>Problem is that the officer had no proof she did/didn't do it out of neglect. He did everything pretty much exactly as protocol required.

>Guilty until proven innocent

Lol, kys
>>
>>149988
why break the window just use a slimjim
>>
>>150171
>He did everything pretty much exactly as protocol required.
>pretty much
>>
>>150192
>why break the window just use a slimjim

My understanding is that new cars have baffles inside the door specifically to defeat slim-jims.

Also; fuck this stupid cunt for leaving her keys in the ignition when getting out, she deserves a broken window.
>>
Interactions with police officers can for sure kill you and that is a super dangerous situation FTP
>>
>>150176
The judge decides guilt, not a ticket. The ticket is just a way to initiate the justice process. As the other anon said, the judge can easily throw out the ticket and thus affirm innocence. The cop didn't deem her guilty, they just saw the possibility of wrongdoing and initiated the process. Learn 2 civics.
>>
>>150171
He had proof she didn't mean to do it when they called for help when they realized they couldn't fix the situation themselves.

As the other anon pointed out, our system is innocent until proven guilty. He assumed guilt with no evidence. She shouldn't have gotten a ticket.
>>
>>150234
>She shouldn't have gotten a ticket.

She got the ticket for endangering the baby by being a stupid woman and leaving the keys in the ignition.
>>
>>150176
>>150193
>We don't know how law works
>>150234
Calling for help is not proof of innocence. If you murder someone or rob a store, calling the police does not make you innocent of the crime. The fact that they couldn't solve the problem on their own is a sign of incompetence, but that's another story.

The system is innocent until proven guilty, but that's what the court is for, but if cops had to operate off that then they would be effectively useless. They just initiate the justice process by reporting a case, and the ticket is a document of the case.
>>
>>150171

She locked the keys in the car out of neglect, did she?

Are you insane?
>>
>>150176
>>150234
>>150611
>>150170
>>150168

Ticket from the police != Conviction in a court of law

Is this simple enough for you? Or do you all think righteous anger is a good substitute for being actually right?
>>
>>150195
Repo man here, the slim him tool is obsolete on new cars. Not because of baffles in doors. It is because of horizontal lock linkages.
Use a wedge, and a small metal rod to press the power unlock button
>>
>>149988
>is a defense lawyer
>quoted as saying "don't be afraid to call 911 for help" because getting people to sic the police on themselves generates good business
>gets obviously bullshit ticket she is definitely going to fight and get thrown out, probably explicitly because she is a defense lawyer and the cops hate her for that and are using the ticket as a passive-aggressive power play to inconvenience her to make themselves feel better about their micropenises and even smaller brains

I am crying with laughter here. Great job you fucking subhuman retards, keep up the good work OCPD.

That all said? Just use the fucking screwdriver and break the damn window yourself. Paying to replace the window sucks but it's a good reminder to take the fucking keys with you when you exit the vehicle; such a dumbass.
>>
>>150077
This^
>>
>>150096
True in almost every circumstance I've ever been through with a cop. I'd have busted out the back window myself and then dealt with the repair costs from being dense enough to exit the vehicle with a baby and the keys still inside.
>>
>modern car doors with how fucking heavy they are
>getting blown shut by the wind
yeah bullshit, where the fuck does she live, the fucking summit of Kilimanjaro?

she probably brainlessly closed the door with the keys inside.

not to mention instead of breaking a window she called 9/11, when police will just break a window anyway, with the added bonus of having to wait for 15 minutes for the cop to show up while your kid roasts inside
>>
>>150141
>though in this case I’d say a ticket was justified
Fuck you and fuck the USA.
A country with no compassion deserves none.
>>
>>150820
Most modern vehicles are lighter, not heavier. You've also clearly never been to nebraska if you think winds can't get strong enough to knock you on your ass here.

The ticket will get thrown out. They were just following protocol and covering their asses.
>>
>>149988

>not taking a rock to break your own window.
>calling the gestapo instead

people are dumb
>>
>>150195
Did they say ignition? She could might as well put them down beside the baby to get her out, when the door fell shut.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.